Harry passes RCB

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Tabs, Sep 24, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/3687314.stm

2. Well it'd be a very brave bunch of officers on the RCB who'd have failed him on anything but medical grounds eh? :wink:

3. fair point, but hey at least he's joining up!

no DS (less the Comd maybe) at Sandhurst is going to give sh*tes who he is, especially if he does join the Gds.

good on 'em

4. Well done him thats what i say...his uncle saw operations in the falklands, and proved himself..i am sure harry will do the same.
    unlike that wet big brother of his... :?

5. woopert

woopert LE Moderator

I heard the jocks didn't rate him much.

6. my wife's uncle served/fly with him there. Whilst he admits he certainly isn't the sharpest tool in the shed he did his job as well as could be expected.

7. well good luck to him and god bless him.

8. At least he went through the motions of RCB. I don't suppose he can win on that score: people will always say he got in by virtue of his position, whether he genuinely made the grade or not.

There's no tradition of royals being given an easy ride during military training, whether at BRNC, CTCRM or RMAS.

This particular career path will shelter him from the public gaze, though, it is to be hoped that wasn't his prime motivation for choosing it. He seems a decent kid and far less f**ked-up than some of his clan.

9. ARRSE. by royal appointment :wink: :lol:

10. I remember reading somewhere about the last King of Jordan who had the great pleasure of being thrashed about by the RSM . :lol:

Nice one Harry, I think HCR is for you my boy. :D

11. He did indeed................Abdullah is now Colonel of the regiment to the Light Dragoons. We beasted his nephew Rashid as well :twisted:

Harry to go to Knightsbridge eh ...........it makes sense with HCR being his ginger fathers old regiment etc:wink:

12. :D :D :D Ohh scandal

13. maninblack

maninblack LE Book Reviewer

Greenjackets and Para Reg haven't had a decent royal as far as I can remember, also PWRR may be a prime candidate for political reasons.

Duty rumour is that he was very enthusiastic at Eton CCF and a capable and level headed young man.

It can only help us all if Betty has a grandson serving.

14. Apparently his old man was highly regarded by the old salts at Dartmouth.

Wonder if RCB asked the drugs question... :twisted:

However, should minor youthful indiscretions be an issue, in the absence of a conviction or caution, especially if (in this case) they may well be tabloid-generated?

15. Can't see the CPS filing any charges against this serviceman! :twisted: