• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Harry on Self Abuse

Actually, the story says

"It is the first time the 20-year-old prince has been seen in public since he arrived at Sandhurst"

so more likely that the paper got one of their photographers to wait around than one of the cadets making some money.

Although friends of mine at the Factory at the moment have been offered circa £80,000 for a picture of Harry doing "something interesting"!!

Written by Rebecca English. I'm guessing she's no munter and has a string of gullible sex-starved OCdts talking carelessly in the vain hope of getting some. I bet they've not even asked for any money.

For five gruelling days he and his companions are putting into practice the battlefield skills they have been learning about since joining the Army four weeks ago.

Obviously a different Self Abuse from the one that I did then! :D

Operation Self Reliance is also designed to allow instructors at the Royal Military Academy at Sandhurst to calculate their physical endurance and team-building skills.
Sandhust on ops already?!

Each of the trainee officers wore Army fatigues, helmets bearing their names, lace-up boots and a back pack. Throughout the morning Harry's group - 21 Platoon - could be seen practising patrol techniques and orienteering skills.

At one point Harry crouched in a classic military manoeuvre while his companions surrounded him.

What no velcro-fastening slippers or trainers .I feel the bile rising.The Journo responsible should be beaten to death with a rolled up copy of the "Scum"

Officer Cadet 'Wales'??? Are they trying to make him look like a stroker??? What's wrong with his real name?? Lucky his Dad wasn't Prince of Kent otherwise he'd have KENT written on his head and we all know how quickly that would get him a nick-name.

galgenberg said:
Each of the trainee officers wore Army fatigues, helmets bearing their names, lace-up boots and a back pack. Throughout the morning Harry's group - 21 Platoon - could be seen practising patrol techniques and orienteering skills.

At one point Harry crouched in a classic military manoeuvre while his companions surrounded him.

What no velcro-fastening slippers or trainers .I feel the bile rising.The Journo responsible should be beaten to death with a rolled up copy of the "Scum"
Such is current media knowledge of the Armed Forces. Even Sky couldn't get it right during TELIC 1:

'Here is some footage now of American tanks advancing into Iraq.'

The fact being they had footage of the first British tanks to enter Iraq, but didn't even know it! Tools, all of them.

PS. Any media group that wants to give me loads of cash to be their 'spotter bitch', please PM me. :lol:

RTFQ said:
Written by Rebecca English. I'm guessing she's no munter and has a string of gullible sex-starved OCdts talking carelessly in the vain hope of getting some. I bet they've not even asked for any money.
Maybe 'Wales' should spill he's own story. At least then he could pocket the £80,000 and he'd probably get a good afternoon's chuff licking with Rebecca down by the Qaboos. Maybe go for £100,000

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
WALES, whats wrong with "Mister His Royal Highness the Prince Harry"? Give the DS something to shout about.

I remember a Lance Corporal The Count de ***** de ******. Great fun on roll call!

Surely THEY are ex 'THEM' anyway, so it would all be a bit of a larf. Stagging on's their job, so they wont even be overly bored when they're stagging on the Prince as he stags on, so to speak.

E

error_unknown

sarnian said:
Surely THEY are ex 'THEM' anyway, so it would all be a bit of a larf. Stagging on's their job, so they wont even be overly bored when they're stagging on the Prince as he stags on, so to speak.
No they aren't 'Them', as if that was a nickname ever used outside 'Auld Sapper's' very funny stories. I had an interesting conversation recently with a serving Met Detective Chief Superintendent who reckoned that the Royal and Diplomatic Protection Rozzers were, cumulatively, the worst coppers on the force. They basically do shifts as BGs with guns; the only paperwork they have to fill out are claims forms; they never really have to interact with the public; they never have to give evidence; and they get stacks of overtime. This makes them the laziest coppers out there.

="chickenpunk. They basically do shifts as BGs with guns; the only paperwork they have to fill out are claims forms; they never really have to interact with the public; they never have to give evidence; and they get stacks of overtime. This makes them the laziest coppers out there.
Are they recruiting right now?

BB

sknn said:
WALES, whats wrong with "Mister His Royal Highness the Prince Harry"? Give the DS something to shout about.

I remember a Lance Corporal The Count de ***** de ******. Great fun on roll call!
4 Para have ( maybe had ) a L/Cpl The Honourable ....

Once his dad pops his clogs, he'll become L/Cpl Lord...

Being in mortars he's obviously a top bloke.

chickenpunk said:
I had an interesting conversation recently with a serving Met Detective Chief Superintendent...

[T]he only paperwork they have to fill out are claims forms; they never really have to interact with the public; they never have to give evidence; This makes them the laziest coppers out there.
The second paragraph also arguably accurately describes the day-to-day routine of the average chief superintendent :wink:

With the addition of going to meetings and avoiding taking responsibility for operational decisions. Detective-grade officers also have the additional chores of Advanced Backstabbing duties like cut-price Machiavellis and honing golfing skills. I know this because my boss is a Det. Ch. Supt!

Not that I'm a tremendous fan of SO14 either, but seriously, the opinions of a CID officer of a uniformed SO department (Royalty Protection Officers aren't detectives) are always going to be as loaded as an infantryman's take on a RLC pay clerk. In fact, many CID officers view anyone who isn't "in the department" as some sort of oxygen-stealing supernumary.

Lastly, I think we can all accept that protection work is by it's very nature mundane. It is going to attract, for all the "glamour," the sort of people who can hack years of boredom carrying a gun. QED.

V!

"However they do feel very sorry for Harry's personal protection officers - especially as they are having to go out with the prince on the exercise this week."
Soldier with bodyguards? Absurd. Maybe each soldier in Iraq should have at least two bodyguards?

Latest Threads