Harry & Megan to step back from Public life

Status
Not open for further replies.

goodoldboy

MIA
Book Reviewer
I notice this thread, which previously had some interesting points, gentle banter and the odd funny amid the pro/anti views, has now degenerated into a series of mind-numbingly boring epistles with "look at meee !" as the major subject..
I blame short duration ROP.

Have fun.
But at least we now know that someone else ordered him to wear them...

Please see post #1334; #1335; #1336; #1337.
You want me to reply to post #1334? Really?
OK, but I can't really imagine why...

I think I've alread evidenced who "hijacked" the thread, so .....
. We are all morons and cretins, we know nothing but a no-mark, never-deployed, passed-over, lady-boy lover is the fount of all wisdom and knowledge.
No, far, far from "all morons and cretins" ... just a small handful with nothing to contribute to the topic and who have made no contribution to it (edit: now joined by goodoldboy, unsurprisingly)

FWIW, but as evidenced liberally by others here: I've been "deployed" rather more than S-H (so more than some, less than others), and wasn't "passed over" as I reached the maximum substantive, acting and local ranks possible for my age and service.

Five pages containing my posts freely admitting I'm wrong are readily available with a single click of the search button, while rather ironically the reverse is true for the likes of S-H.

I can state categorically that I'm neither in love with a lady-boy nor have I ever made love to one, although I've known and been friends with plenty.

I have no idea of the significance of your car.

I've no idea why you wanted to know any of that, but since you asked .....

Last edited:

woger wabbit

War Hero
The hijacking can be very easily traced back exactly to post #1,208 and the arrival here of the usual small handful of posters who had previously taken no interest in the thread apart from suggesting it was merged / moved and who have since contributed nothing whatsoever to the topic and whose sole contribution to the thread has been their normal flow of off-topic personal abuse in my direction.

Rather sad in CA, particularly when one of the lead participants is a mod (albeit of the modelling forum).
:rolleyes: Enough already, just shut this thread down, it has lost it's way and is totally off the subject.

:rolleyes: Enough already, just shut this thread down, it has lost it's way and is totally off the subject.
Maybe you could satisfy my curiousity - you're under no obligation to read this or any other thread, so why do you ask for it to be closed?

Particularly as you've made some interesting contributions to it, although I'm not sure you're right that Canada's agreed to pay for their security as long as they're in Canada.

Gen question.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
No, you moron. If you have LOST something, you have had no input into its absence or removal- a loss is something one has no control over. If you DECLINE something, that is a conscious decision you have made.
Jeez.
Please, please, please stop feeding it!

woger wabbit

War Hero
Maybe you could satisfy my curiousity - you're under no obligation to read this or any other thread, so why do you ask for it to be closed?

Particularly as you've made some interesting contributions to it, although I'm not sure you're right that Canada's agreed to pay for their security as long as they're in Canada.

Gen question.
The subject is ageing, the pair have left to start a new life there is nothing else of interest to add.

smeg-head

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
You want me to reply to post #1334? Really?
OK, but I can't really imagine why...

I think I've alread evidenced who "hijacked" the thread, so .....
No, far, far from "all morons and cretins" ... just a small handful with nothing to contribute to the topic and who have made no contribution to it (edit: now joined by goodoldboy, unsurprisingly)

FWIW, but as evidenced liberally by others here: I've been "deployed" rather more than S-H (so more than some, less than others), and wasn't "passed over" as I reached the maximum substantive, acting and local ranks possible for my age and service.

Five pages containing my posts freely admitting I'm wrong are readily available with a single click of the search button, while rather ironically the reverse is true for the likes of S-H.

I can state categorically that I'm neither in love with a lady-boy nor have I ever made love to one, although I've known and been friends with plenty.

I have no idea of the significance of your car.

I've no idea why you wanted to know any of that, but since you asked .....
When I made my quote concerning HRH PrInce Harry, I was referring to time spent in the Gulf. I have also seen service in Bosnia-Herzogovenia (twice), Croatia, Rhodesia, Northern Ireland (2x 3 year tours and 3x6 month tours) Cyprus and The Lebanon. None of those were in cushy Ops roles where the only concern was what biccies to have with our tea. So, should you wish to quote me, please do so with the correct information. On five occasions I was section of brick leader. Do you actually have any command experience in an operational role?

The subject is ageing, the pair have left to start a new life there is nothing else of interest to add.
I'm still baffled about why that would make you want the thread locked rather than simply click elsewhere or 'unwatch' it, leaving others the option of adding to or reading it if they thought there was something of interest.

I'm similarly baffled by those who feel the need to say "I've got him on ignore" or "don't feed it".

Two of the many things I'll never understand.

When I made my quote concerning HRH PrInce Harry, I was referring to time spent in the Gulf. I have also seen service in Bosnia-Herzogovenia (twice), Croatia, Rhodesia, Northern Ireland (2x 3 year tours and 3x6 month tours) Cyprus and The Lebanon. None of those were in cushy Ops roles where the only concern was what biccies to have with our tea. So, should you wish to quote me, please do so with the correct information. On five occasions I was section of brick leader.
Wow.
Do you actually have any command experience in an operational role?
Yes.

woger wabbit

War Hero
I'm still baffled about why that would make you want the thread locked rather than simply click elsewhere or 'unwatch' it, leaving others the option of adding to or reading it if they thought there was something of interest.

I'm similarly baffled by those who feel the need to say "I've got him on ignore" or "don't feed it".

Two of the many things I'll never understand.
It was just my opinion only and I was not looking for a long conversation, I have said my bit and am now done with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads