Harry & Megan to step back from Public life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps a little harsh on Harry. We don't know whether HMQ made the decision for him, or whether he made it himself. At a guess, I'd lean towards the former.
Yes. I meant to preface it with "Ouch". Kirkup goes on to express his concern about the RM's and make's some fair points about that. Perhaps a pity he chose this event to highlight it. They do need support. The 2010 cuts were under Labour.

True or not, being the focal point of unending media analysis must shite.
Exactly. Why?

If you've been suddenly thrust into it, almost certainly - like being up to your knees in mud planting rice, or subsistence farming, or running barefoot round the jungle hunting your next meal with a blowpipe.

But if that's all you've known from the day you were born then you'd have a very different perspective.
I can understand why Harry wants to get away from the media, I would hate to be in its spotlight all the time.....
Not only are you likely to have a very different perspective if it had been "normal" for you all your life but, as others have pointed out, he is far more protected from the media spotlight than many "celebrities" - certainly in the UK.

Last edited:
The Canadians have already been sniffing the air and suspect that Canada may only be a stopover on the way to the USA. Which would really piss off some people vis a vis security infrastructure costs and expenditure.
Prince Andrew's entitlement to his security detail has already been "reviewed" and Harry could hardly avoid a similar review:
"Speaking to the Evening Standard, a senior source stated: “A review was ordered into the Met’s protection of HRH The Duke of York once it was announced he was stepping down from royal duties in November.

“Those in charge of royal security cannot write a blank cheque for anyone who does not have a public role for the foreseeable future. The Met is obliged to review the position to ensure it is justified.

The point was also made that if Andrew wanted to continue to receive Met protection it would still be availble but he may have to pay for it himself, like anyone else.

Harry has a net worth of 40 mill, partly from an inheritance from the Queen Mother and primarily from a considerably larger inheritance from his mother, which in turn was primarily from her divorce settlement from the PoW. After giving up his part of the sovereign grant, which was a little over 100k last year, as well as any royal duties, he will apparently continue to receive an income of 2 mill per year from the Duchy of Cornwall.

The source of Andrew's wealth, estimated at 57 mill, is rather less clear.

Last edited:
Exactly. Why?

If you've been suddenly thrust into it, almost certainly - like being up to your knees in mud planting rice, or subsistence farming, or running barefoot round the jungle hunting your next meal with a blowpipe.

But if that's all you've known from the day you were born then you'd have a very different perspective.
Not only are you likely to have a very different perspective if it had been "normal" for you all your life but, as others have pointed out, he is far more protected from the media spotlight than many "celebrities" - certainly in the UK.
I am not convinced, he has already acknowledged that press/media attention is not normal and he does not want it in his life. We are talking about people not animals that can be conditioned into certain behaviours?

But then again I am not psychologist, and I suspect neither are you.

I think we should pay for the security.... At the end of the day, the bairn has no say over where the parents take it and until it decides to opt out of the nation it deserves protecting.

When Megs/Harry go off on expeditions whoring themselves to the highest bidder, I would like to think the security will stay at home with the nanny and bairn.

They were talking about prince Andrew being a nonce long before anyone else.
Not being a nonce , being mates with a nonce.
Right now he is only known to have pretty poor judgement in some of the people he associates with.
The slapper who accuses him of having sex with her, on three separate occaisions and places, is not saying she was a minor at the time.
Just young and impressionable.

And now she wants to make money out of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads