Harry & Megan to step back from Public life

Status
Not open for further replies.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
God she looked sour there. I bet Harry slept in one of the spare rooms that night.
She looked completely out of her depth and very unhappy, not to mention desperately trying not to cry after being tripped up by protocol (and probably, and understandably, only the latest of many such trips) and being called to order. Sadly for both of them, I think Harry's going to be as unhappy in her world as she was in his. What a mess.

were he a welder from Wigan, would Meghan have seen the attraction? Surely he must realise this?
Bang on what we said last night.
Then again, look all the short, old, fat & ugly millionaires within epic & shag-festible fanny to die for latched on?
Nothing new really.

Last edited:
True or not, being the focal point of unending media analysis must shite.
Why? It is what the forward business case is all about. Current thinking is they want to follow the Obama model but there are a couple of problems there.

I would add Orange County to your possible list.
Why Funny?

OC is a very different dynamic to Beverley Hills and Malibu. My daughters mate from school is a la'la'land starlet dividing her time between Hollywood and Nashville and she tells us it is all about being seen in the right places. Newport Beach and Huntington Beach whilst nice are busy and full of tourists during the season and are anything up to a couple of hours away from the hub of the business.

She looked completely out of her depth and very unhappy, not to mention desperately trying not to cry after being tripped up by protocol (and probably, and understandably, only the latest of many such trips) and being called to order. Sadly for both of them, I think Harry's going to be as unhappy in her world as she was in his. What a mess.
But, I think she will have gone through some form of protocol induction and to be honest the way he told her to face front it looked like he had told her what was expected of her beforehand too. Added to which, FFS, it was the National Anthem and the septics take every opportunity to play theirs, stand to attention and place their right hand on their heart. It is beaten into them at school every morning too with the pledge of allegiance............As visiting Brits we used to stand up straight politely and not talk when the US anthem was played, and I forget the number of times I was approached and an admonishment started because I did not place my hand over my heart. Dealt with by pointing out I/we are not american (at the time) and stood quietly and politely for our host nations anthem, always met with an embarassed apology for bothering us.

So she knows the score for national anthems etc.

I too think the young man will miss what he had. You don't know how good you have it until you don't have it anymore.

....being the focal point of unending media analysis must shite.
Agreed, it would be unbearable.

It does, however, rather beg the question of why they would so publicly and inappropriately tout her "voiceover skills", not once, but at least twice.

Could they have chosen a venue with more media attention.......literally standing on a red carpet at a Disney premiere next to Beyonce?

Last edited:

ches

LE
In other news today, a bloke with a new family he's very protective of, decided to stick two fingers up to the press & the social media retards & split his home between two continents. He did this because he can & because its not really news to anyone but a bunch of hand wringing saddos. He's also done because, as he's stated a fair number of times, he doesn't want his family exposed to the same pressures his mum was. Meanwhile the mouth frothers carried on whining about this massive first world problem while in Australia a few more Koalas croaked....maybe some human beings did too. We'll never know cos first world problems are more important than those colonial types getting crisped up.

56 pages of this drivel? fcuk a duck.

OC is a different dynamic, too many people, tourists that is, down by the beach, yes there is money, but it is not exclusive. I reckon Malibu for quiet and ocean views, Beverley Hills for the action, or possibly Rolling Hills which is where some of the glitterati live and is petty much between the two. He could dress down and easily go for a wander through residential Hollywood to the coffee shop, or the local Whole Foods market and not get bothered by Joe Public.
I thought his wife was a 'never Trumper' and wont live in the U.S while he is POTUS.

You just don't want new neighbours.
True, although I am sure they will fit right in here - Orange county might be a touch conservative for her though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads