Harry & Megan to step back from Public life

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a Globe and Mail editorial. While their news reporting can generally be taken as objective and very reliable, their editorials are highly partisan. As the present government haven't actively said "no" to the idea of the Sussex couple moving to Canada, the G&M's Pavlovian Response is to come out against it. If the Sussex's decide tomorrow to not to move the Canada the G&M could quite easily completely reverse themselves and condemn the government and say it was their fault for not rolling out the red carpet for them fast enough.

Thanks for the link though. It was a good laugh as it's not every day you get to see the Globe and Mail come out against the idea of monarchy and inherited privilege in practice while trying to support it in principle. It's almost as funny as the editorial they wrote just before the 2015 election when their principled stand of trying to convince people to vote Conservative but simultaneously being against having Harper as PM had the whole country pissing themselves laughing over the contortions the G&M were twisting themselves into trying to argue that one.

Here's a Globe and Mail news story on the subject. The BC premier (from the leftist NDP) is described as being "giddy" with delight at the thought of the royal couple moving to Victoria (the provincial capital). There are extensive quotes from the Monarchist League of Canada and the Royal Commonwealth Society saying (naturally) they are delighted with the prospect.

That of course isn't a definitive answer either, but it shows that you have to look at a broad spectrum of opinion over a period of time before you come to any conclusions.

I hear today Markle vs Markle (Dad) is a toxic possibility if her pursuance against the red-tops goes postal in Court. That'll put another fox in her self inflicted hen coop.
On reflection ( hers) the maxim of "never complain or explain" would have been a better route but of course she "went Hollywood"...pretty much the common enough septic default setting.
It just gets "worser and worser". Or,even more amusing depending on one's personal take.
I think The Ginge may need a lot more therapy sometime soon.
This sounds like more than a simple running goat f**k. It's a whole herd of goats in a running goat f**k.
Hello, is that the Acme Popcorn Co?. It's drlligaf here, I need a container full of popcorn, oh an sling in a tanker full of Theakstons while you're at it. Thanks.

OK, but you have to be the one who's the princess because there's no way I'm willing to be gay enough to wear the dress no matter how much I get paid.
Go on, give it a try! Let your gay side shine out. It'll be worth it, honest.

Silly me, I forgot the bit about the "personal" pictures, or it didn't happen.:grin:

tgo

Old-Salt
I hear a lot of negativity towards Megs dad, yet.

Her dad paid for her private schooling didn't he? He was also involved in the film industry, won awards and took her on set, and that's how her career direction came about.

He also married a black women in the 1960s, something I imagine wasn't common.

So whatever has happened, he has done a lot for her from sounds of it. He wasn't an unemployed bum who never had time for her and so on.

Perhaps he is yet another one who has outlived his usefulness and now been discarded.

If her own father is ready to give evidence in court against her, how else would one expect the In-Laws to act?

I bet Harry got an earful though when he finally made the dreaded phone call !

“Hang on a moment Harry, your grandfather would also like a word. Yes, he’s just out of hospital. No, he’s not feeling terrific Right now. Yes, it’s fair to say he’s a bit peeved. I’ll pass you over.”

Maalox

War Hero
Stranger things have happened. Victoria was an unlikely 6th in line to the throne, yet she became Queen from 1837-1901!

Harry is also 6th in line to the throne. Take out Charles (he is 72) and William & his spwan by plane/car/train crash, & we could yet see a King Harry, with Megan as his Queen Consort, or even as an actual Queen Megan if Harry so wishes by legal royal decree!

Last edited:

woger wabbit

War Hero
Stranger things have happened. Victoria was an unlikely 6th in line to the throne, yet she became Queen from 1837-1901!

Harry is also 6th in line to the throne. Take out Charles (he is 72) and William & his spwan by plane/car/train crash, & we could yet see a King Harry, with Megan as his Queen Consort, or even as an actual Queen Megan if Harry so wishes by legal royal decree!
In which case God help us! Queen Meghan?

She's already registered herself officially as Princess Meghan

She's already registered herself officially as Princess Meghan
William's wife is also noted as "Princess of the Realm" on their children's birth certificates as her "Occupation".
Neither are princesses. HMQ could issue letters patent to make them princesses, but has not done so, but while working on Royal duties they do so as "Princesses of the Realm".
The duties that come with being an occupational Princess include performing engagements on behalf of the Queen.
So when you see Kate or Meghan visiting a charity or opening a new school building they're on official princess business.
Nothing is simple in Royal protocol ;)

William's wife is also noted as "Princess of the Realm" on their children's birth certificates as her "Occupation".
Neither are princesses. HMQ could issue letters patent to make them princesses, but has not done so, but while working on Royal duties they do so as "Princesses of the Realm".
The duties that come with being an occupational Princess include performing engagements on behalf of the Queen.
So when you see Kate or Meghan visiting a charity or opening a new school building they're on official princess business.
Nothing is simple in Royal protocol ;)

Would the use of "Princess" in the occupation box therefore be incorrect as her occupation is Actress (Actor). Would that make the registration invalid and require an authorised correction?

I quite like the idea of

Princess Actress

Seems quite apt.

Last edited:
Would the use of "Princess" in the occupation box therefore be incorrect as her occupation is Actress (Actor). Would that make the registration invalid and require an authorised correction?

I quite like the idea of Princess Actress Seems quite apt.
Perhaps "Acting Princess" then?

I quite like the idea of Princess Actress Seems quite apt.
Princess, actress... there are probably other terms that could apply, but apparently marriage to a prince does qualify ;)

He's gone mental, working for a living is no way to live, I had to work full time before going permanently sick with dizzy spells in 1995, it was the worst 3 years of my life .

He's had no experience of employment so how's he going to forge his expenses, syphon petrol out of his company car or rob all the copper off the site and blame the Gypsies ?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads