Harry & Megan to step back from Public life

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
OK, but you have to be the one who's the princess because there's no way I'm willing to be gay enough to wear the dress no matter how much I get paid.
I could join your team. I will happily wear nice dresses and hats while shaking hands with people, smiling sweetly.

I insist on hosiery though, and shoe heels maximum 2.5 inches. I am too tall for the mega heels the young duchesses wear and at my age, I don't want to be stumbling around.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer

Bobby_Bert

Clanker
I could join your team. I will happily wear nice dresses and hats while shaking hands with people, smiling sweetly.

I insist on hosiery though, and shoe heels maximum 2.5 inches. I am too tall for the mega heels the young duchesses wear and at my age, I don't want to be stumbling around.
Slut.

Meanwhile in Canada, Meghan visits a women's shelter in Vancouver and makes a good impression.
'She was really great': Meghan Markle visits women's shelter on Vancouver's Downtown Eastside

"She was just casual and lovely," Gibson said.

"She just wants to get to know the community. We know she's going to come to Canada and I think possibly the West Coast.

"I think that she just doesn't want to be sort of a stranger in the midst. She just wants to get to know people."
"I thought she was really down to earth," Gibson said.

"She's very good at sort of picking up something from the conversation and expanding that a bit, and asking questions and [was] empathetic. She was really great."

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
Harry was popular becuase he was a bit of a rogue and appeared to apply himself to his various roles.

That sentiment has changed because his behaviour has changed. Take the Disney episode as an example. It's worthy of Fergie on her worst day....and extremely ill-considered action at an inappropriate time, that would have embarrassed me were I his father. His and his wife's actions wrt their "standing down" appears calculated to back his grandmother into a corner. His wife has gone further, as has been well covered here. Now the spin from the Sussex camp is that she didn't participate in the meeting via conference call because she didn't need to........hardly shunning the media they so despise. Their very actions are a clarion call for media attention. A "slow retirement" could have easily been arranged, whereby royal duties could have been slowly reduced over time......but the good Dutchess wouldn't have graced the front pages.

Indeed, so be it.
That "giz a job" approach on the red carpet was some sort of covert/overt blackmail or threat, imho, aimed at the purse holders who may not be handing over what H wants.

Someone like Harry, on a red carpet or reception line of all places, knows his every word is heard, recorded and mulled over. That was no slip-up.

His secrecy and the bouncing his family into a meeting, generally they were delaying him, talking him out of the move, impeding him. So he presented them with a fait accompli.

I believe Harry wants out. In fact I'm sure I remember talk of William not being that keen on the Royal life. I think he then went to Anglessey flying helos. He seems to have settled down now with marriage & children, as in the back? of his mind he knows the Crown is one of theirs one day.

The queen, having lived through the Diana years of her unhappiness, her bulimia and throwing her pregnant self down stairs... so imho the Queen isn't going to stand aside and watch the same thing recur with Megan.

OK, but you have to be the one who's the princess because there's no way I'm willing to be gay enough to wear the dress no matter how much I get paid.
Are you saying you’re willing to do other gay things for pay as long as you’re not required to wear a frock?

I read somewhere this week that Canada is only a stop gap because she really wants to live in L.A. but won't while Trump is president, so she'll dump Canada like an empty chip wrapper as soon as the US votes a more 'woke' president in. If Trump wins this year that will really wind her up.
She'll do the same to Harry when it suits her. People with Narcissistic Personality Disorder don't empathise the way more normal people do.

[QUOTE
I have to agree with this analysis of age. There's an age gap opening up as the older senior royals start getting on a bit too much and William's children are still far too young to start working in the family business.

Harry could have filled in, being the right age to do a lot of travelling and being young enough for the younger generations to feel they could relate to him. But now he's buggered off on them.

They could have fallen back on Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie, but they were cut out to make for a "slimmed down monarchy". That's starting to look a bit short sighted now.

The HR planning aspects of all this look to have been more risky than was anticipated.
"Beatrice and Eugenie" and "slimmed down monarchy" in the same sentence (snigger).

Nobbygas

Old-Salt
The reason given was that it was not known who would be listening at the Canadian end, the subject was very confidential and all the details were not for public consumption, it was feared that there may have been friends/reporters present, for security reasons a sensible decision, imho..
Or in normal speak, "we don't trust that bitch!".

Latest Threads