Harry & Megan to step back from Public life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really? Compared to the 1950s I think the crime rate has gone sky high, not to mention black people having an ongoing stabbing frenzy in London. There may have been ghettos and gangs but I'm pretty sure the rate of crime had rocketed.
A Northern publican called Pierrepoint may have had something to do with keeping the murder stats in single figures as well

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
From what I've seen, most people are delighted to see the back of her.
I haven't seen anyone say 'mind the door on the way out' yet.

May I be first?

Boris_Johnson

ADC
DirtyBAT
I think there has been a carefully orchestrated fall from grace for them planned by the media - and in several ways - they have played into the media's hand. The british public are a fickle bunch - an ever burgeoning number of, who live their lives on social media (and I don't mean arrse).
I think a lot of little things have all added up - Meghan being vocal about anti-Trump, probably as an exercise in virtue-signalling. I could be wrong though but - was she politically aware and holder of strong political opinions before her recent exposure to the top tier? Then the Greta Thunberg emulation - it just does not figure. They left themselves wide open to be called out on it - and duly were.

Look how delighted people were to see Hollywood's great & good squirm as Gervais ripped them a new one, for much similar reasons. In a way it's 'tall poppy syndrome' mixed with a healthy dose of shadenfreude.
As I said earlier - the royal family should have seen this backlash coming, the advisors should have put the brakes on a few things. Is it down to royal hubris - taking it for granted the loyal public will accept the word whatever?

We live in a much different age now from what the royal family is based on. People are more likely to be interested in the soap operaesque aspects of them than their works. I could be wrong but - aren't most of the queen's advisors of the Rees Mogg ilk?

"Celebrity" and the royal family in its current incarnation will never mix - they always seem to get their @rse bit one way or another. This will be an interesting experiment into whether Harry can have a bit of both.
Some very good points there.

I'm not saying anyone's right or wrong by the way. I'm simply offering opinions and asking questions.

It just seems confusing from my own perspective how people can go from pro-Harry to anti-Harry seemingly on the whim of the press.

It's almost like the John Lennon effect. Were people really interested in what a great bloke Harry is, or were they more interested in the next story to hit the headlines, what crazy high jinx he'd be involved in next? Along comes Meghan to take "our 'arry" away from us... The liberal progressive woke Z list nobody that she is. Doesn't matter whether he loves her more than life itself, she's wrong for him end of.

Perhaps that explains why HRH Edward was able to step back with such success, the public didn't really care about him and neither did the media as he didn't sell enough papers? Who knows.

But I can say with hand on heart, Harry was never a shirker and just wanted to do normal stuff. Cursed with such a high profile, what indeed does one do?

The Queen has made a very bold decision, if the public see the Woke Couple having their cake and eat it the House of Windsor will be further eroded - Prince Andrew debacle still has miles to run

Queen agrees 'transition' for Harry and Meghan

Who would have though the Queen would have connived a meeting of her heir and his heirs, which has been so publicly heralded in the MSM and that the outcome would have been announced within minutes

Archie
Must all be such a bore for the media .
Last week , WW3 … Meh !
This week , the fall of the House of Windsor ….Meh !

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer

I'm not saying anyone's right or wrong by the way. I'm simply offering opinions and asking questions.

It just seems confusing from my own perspective how people can go from pro-Harry to anti-Harry seemingly on the whim of the press.

It's almost like the John Lennon effect. Were people really interested in what a great bloke Harry is, or were they more interested in the next story to hit the headlines, what crazy high jinx he'd be involved in next? Along comes Meghan to take "our 'arry" away from us... The liberal progressive woke Z list nobody that she is. Doesn't matter whether he loves her more than life itself, she's wrong for him end of.

Perhaps that explains why HRH Edward was able to step back with such success, the public didn't really care about him and neither did the media as he didn't sell enough papers? Who knows.

But I can say with hand on heart, Harry was never a shirker and just wanted to do normal stuff. Cursed with such a high profile, what indeed does one do?
Point taken but - Edward was really in a different era when he tried his "down wi 'da people' exercise. To be honest - if he pulled a similar stunt nowadays - he would probably have got a better reaction! Maybe Edward was the pioneer of Royal descent into celeb?
Most watcghers of daytime TV don't give a feck about Harry and his mental health - or any of the causes he has done good work for, or the fact he served in a frontline position (without minders). Kayden Jaxxon, Chardonnay and Beyonce-Anne just want to see him crying his eyes out on a sofa - the reason does not matter - they will either love the shadenfreude or- basque in faux sympathy - eagerly posting on Instagram whatever how sad they are about...whatever.

The royal family no longer have a target audience of "The Great British Public", as it was in 1959, radio presenters in suits etc. They are now on a big stage, somebody somewhere has been telling them to keep opening the curtains wider though - and it's come as a bit of a shock to them they are not on stage at The Proms but...At Mos Eisley's Cantina.

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer

I think that he is concerned that his family life may go the way of his mothers, I dont mean the divorce, but the terrible and continual harassment that she was subjected to
He is a strong willed sensible young man, and he wants to protect his own family from the same intrusions and constant conveyor belt of half truths and made up stories

It takes more guts to make the break and step out on your own, I wish them all well, and I am sure they will flourish and be an asset to Canada and to the Royal family
Times change, maybe he has seen the future

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
I think that he is concerned that his family life may go the way of his mothers, I dont mean the divorce, but the terrible and continual harassment that she was subjected to
He is a strong willed sensible young man, and he wants to protect his own family from the same intrusions and constant conveyor belt of half truths and made up stories

It takes more guts to make the break and step out on your own, I wish them all well, and I am sure they will flourish and be an asset to Canada and to the Royal family
Times change, maybe he has seen the future
I always felt that the Queen of Tarts invited the press into every aspect of her life, then complained that they reported everything they saw, not just what she wanted them to see.

I always felt that the Queen of Tarts invited the press into every aspect of her life, then complained that they reported everything they saw, not just what she wanted them to see.
Agreed. They court the media then dislike them when things get real.

Mr Trudeau (according to my brother who has lived in Canada for 4 decades) couldn't find his arrse from his elbow, and doesn't have a clue what "most Canadians" want, as long as he gets a selfie, he's good.
Well...perfect PR for him then....screw the Canadian tax payers.

I was sat next to someone at dinner last Friday who you'll know; he said exactly the same as you about Harry.
@Boris_Johnson is just eternally grateful Harry never grassed him up post-flight for those bodge jobs he effected on the systems :)

...as their business plan gently unwinds.

Non-story really...

"
The application covers everything from branded pencils to charity fundraising and social care services in Australia, Canada the EU and US.

While the application is still pending, it would almost certainly supersede Fogelson's application with local US authorities. "

Point taken but - Edward was really in a different era when he tried his "down wi 'da people' exercise. To be honest - if he pulled a similar stunt nowadays - he would probably have got a better reaction! Maybe Edward was the pioneer of Royal descent into celeb?
Most watcghers of daytime TV don't give a feck about Harry and his mental health - or any of the causes he has done good work for, or the fact he served in a frontline position (without minders). Kayden Jaxxon, Chardonnay and Beyonce-Anne just want to see him crying his eyes out on a sofa - the reason does not matter - they will either love the shadenfreude or- basque in faux sympathy - eagerly posting on Instagram whatever how sad they are about...whatever.

The royal family no longer have a target audience of "The Great British Public", as it was in 1959, radio presenters in suits etc. They are now on a big stage, somebody somewhere has been telling them to keep opening the curtains wider though - and it's come as a bit of a shock to them they are not on stage at The Proms but...At Mos Eisley's Cantina.
My Bold. You obviously don't read the Times ?

They put it into the public domain.

They were in place to prevent a 'green on blue' attack from rogue Afghan Army soldiers, after the Taliban had vowed to use any means available to 'inconvenience' Harry or, maybe they were just making it up ? :rolleyes:

Boris_Johnson

ADC
DirtyBAT
I was sat next to someone at dinner last Friday who you'll know; he said exactly the same as you about Harry.
I'm now flicking through my Facebook friends list to see who was out last night.

Wow that didn't take long to scroll through 15 people... All socks of course, created purely to give myself "likes" when I'm being naughty on the vegan groups...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads