Harry & Megan to step back from Public life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or she couldn’t be bothered. I’ve got the sneaking suspicion that for her it’s a matter of “job done”. She’s made for life however you cut it.
Absolutely. She is a very minor actress really. She made about $2M from suits. Yes it's a lot of money to us, but not in TV terms.
She needs something to boost that profile. Kim Kardashian had a sex tape, and launched a very lucrative "career" off it.
Megan snagged a Prince, got a title, job jobbed. Now she is off Back to North America to cash in.

Or she couldn’t be bothered. I’ve got the sneaking suspicion that for her it’s a matter of “job done”. She’s made for life however you cut it.
When the news broke, she conveniently left the sprog in Canada. Good opportunity to disappear across the Atlantic 'for the family' and leave Harry to face the fallout alone.

I suspect she won't be seen here for a while.

Boris_Johnson

ADC
DirtyBAT
What everyone is missing or fails to understand is that being in the Royal Family is very much like being in a military unit. The Queen is the commander.
Your role, be it heir apparent, senior, junior etc has defined duties and expected behavior.
There is a varying amount of dressing how you are told, going where you are told and doing what you are told.
E. G. As an officer you might not want to wear a suit to dinner every night, or attend full mess meetings. You just want to attend dinner nights and get smashed. Well, you can't pick and choose. You're either in for the whole thing or you resign.

It's a guided cage and a very constraining way of life. He can earn potentially much more and have more freedom to espouse views and whatever else on the outside.
But it needs that connection to the throne and the titles to maximise earning potential.
Megan is the brains behind this part of the enterprise. Harry just wants to be free of the shackles of the lifestyle. See his disappointment at being short toured from AFG because of the press.
I think perhaps most people (press, media, people on here) deep down just think that Meghan is simply not good enough for HRH.

Example:

Harry picked the wrong girl, plainly she is not suited to Royal (military) life. Chelsy was a better choice but the press and probably the realities of what's involved caused her to back out. Megan has her eyes on the long term /prize, but even then probably underestimated the personal cost.
See my earlier quote with the inconsistencies of the press reporting unfavourably over anything Meghan says, does, wears.

On here, I probably don't need to tell you how many reports I've had to deal with over the thread running in the NAAFI specifically relating to the colour of her skin. And I'm only one of three active moderators in that forum.

Funny... When he was dressing up as a Nazi and getting naked in Vegas everyone thought he was a top bloke.

Now he's met someone he loves enough to give up his perks all of a sudden he's a traitor and ruining the Royals for some "Z list woke progressive Holywood nobody".

Like I said, who are we to judge?

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
Now he's met someone he loves enough to give up his perks all of a sudden he's a traitor and ruining the Royals for some "Z list woke progressive Holywood nobody".
How are we to know he is willing to give up all his perks?

. . . then establish themselves financially and retreat into relative (for senior royals) obscurity.
I don't know The Duchess of Sussex that well, but I'll wager that obscurity is nowhere in her vocabulary let alone her future plans.

Their (The Sussex's) future relies on anything but being out of the limelight one way or another

Fake Sheikh

War Hero
So Harry wants out, so what.

William is Heir and then his 3 children, Harry was always a spare.
Perhaps his leaving The Firm will herald Anne, Edward & Kents/Gloucester's going the same way when Charles King. To many hangers on like the Yorks Children, Ann's 2 have got on with it.

Give Harry a job like Governor of Canada or Special Adviser to Trade now Andrew gone.
That way they can live in Canada & UK.

By the time Archie is 30, Uncle William or Cousin George will be King.
Is HRH that important as it should be the person not the title surely?

As for protection that is up to the relevant Police Force.

It’s being reported on BBC News that Meghan wasn’t even involved in the “Sandringham Summit” by video link.
I wonder why that was?
HM The Queen - "Harry, I think it's prudent that make it that you're not relying on the public purse for your future income. It's what you said after all in your statement"
Duke of Sussex - "Of course you're right Grandmother. I think it would be best if we were financially independent and not a burden to the British Taxpayer!"
Duchess of Sussex (via link) - "Hell no! We want the big bucks. Listen your Majesty, I'm not going to live some 2nd class life because it'll upset the public. You supply the cash and keep it coming. I didn't marry Ginge here and take the crap from the press for nothing. You've a rich dame, bring it on!"

Now this dude seems to what it might cost Canada with the move...

"
But there have been questions over who would fund the costs of their security.

Mr Trudeau said most Canadians are "very supportive" of having royals live there, but there are "still lots of discussions to have" over "how that looks and what kind of costs are involved."
Mr Trudeau (according to my brother who has lived in Canada for 4 decades) couldn't find his arrse from his elbow, and doesn't have a clue what "most Canadians" want, as long as he gets a selfie, he's good.

Mr Trudeau (according to my brother who has lived in Canada for 4 decades) couldn't find his arrse from his elbow, and doesn't have a clue what "most Canadians" want, as long as he gets a selfie, he's good.
Your brother is a 100% correct.......

amapola

Old-Salt
When the news broke, she conveniently left the sprog in Canada. Good opportunity to disappear across the Atlantic 'for the family' and leave Harry to face the fallout alone.

I suspect she won't be seen here for a while.
Or maybe she didn't want to subject an 8 month old baby to two 10 hour flights in a week...

So Harry wants out, so what.

William is Heir and then his 3 children, Harry was always a spare.
Perhaps his leaving The Firm will herald Anne, Edward & Kents/Gloucester's going the same way when Charles King. To many hangers on like the Yorks Children, Ann's 2 have got on with it.

Give Harry a job like Governor of Canada or Special Adviser to Trade now Andrew gone.
That way they can live in Canada & UK.

By the time Archie is 30, Uncle William or Cousin George will be King.
Is HRH that important as it should be the person not the title surely?

As for protection that is up to the relevant Police Force.
Everyone I’ve talked to about Harry setting up house on this side of the pond really doesn’t care what he does as long as they aren’t footing the bill, which I agree with as well.

Last edited:
I think perhaps most people (press, media, people on here) deep down just think that Meghan is simply not good enough for HRH.

Example:

See my earlier quote with the inconsistencies of the press reporting unfavourably over anything Meghan says, does, wears.

On here, I probably don't need to tell you how many reports I've had to deal with over the thread running in the NAAFI specifically relating to the colour of her skin. And I'm only one of three active moderators in that forum.

Funny... When he was dressing up as a Nazi and getting naked in Vegas everyone thought he was a top bloke.

Like I said, who are we to judge?
To be fair though, the colour of her skin has only ever been mentioned in the media by those purporting to be speaking for Meghan, instantly placing victim status on her on the basis of her skin. Unwanted white knighting or- well briefed accolytes? I don’t see the media as having been anymore inconsistent with Meghan than they are with anybody else. They always sensationalise, find a rogue and build on it, and the well known tactic of bigging people up to bring them back down to earth.

Is it actually possible for someone in their position to be “woke”? It must Induce a massive case of cognitive dissonance. Maybe Meghan objects to the role The Raj played in The former empire?

I think the royal family are more frequently demonstrated to be ill-advised, is it hubris?
Meghan would have been more suited to a lesbian relationship with one of Trump’s daughters.

I think they are trying to tick too many boxes in one go and, the virtue-signalling has been called out by an also hypocritical media, who also sought to virtue-signal by giving airtime to anyone willing to mention any possible racial aspect.

Last edited:

Boris_Johnson

ADC
DirtyBAT
To be fair though, the colour of her skin has only ever been mentioned in the media by those purporting to be speaking for Meghan, instantly placing victim status on her on the basis of her skin. Unwanted white knighting or- well briefed accolytes? I don’t see the media as having been anymore inconsistent with Meghan than they are with anybody else. They always sensationalise, find a rogue and build on it, and the well known tactic of bigging people up to bring them back down to earth.
On that subject I was referring specifically to ARRSE members. Apologies, most of it gets deleted pretty quickly, but take my word for it there has been quite a few mentions of it while that thread has been running.

On that subject I was referring specifically to ARRSE members. Apologies, most of it gets deleted pretty quickly, but take my word for it there has been quite a few mentions of it while that thread has been running.
Ah, understood.

You mean I’ve just dapped out that huge post on an iPad for no bloody reason??!

woger wabbit

War Hero
I think part of the problem here is the press demonising Meagan. With free speech comes great responsibility and the media idiots have absolutely none of that at all. All they care about are the profits that they can make in their papers and if that means ruining lives or putting the security of the country at risk then they will happily do so.

Remember the Falklands when the BBC announced the Goose Green times before the battle had begun?

Consider if the papers had taken a different stance, what if they had welcomed and celebrated Meagan instead? What a great benefit that would be to the Royal family and the country as a whole. Brexit is on the horizon and having an American royal might make things a little better for us economically and improve the special relationship. If the Americans saw the royal family as something they could be a real part of and identify with then tourism would increase and the general positive view of the UK.

This marvelous possibility has been utterly destroyed because the media morons are so myopic they can't conceive the long-term affects their papers have. All red top papers should be referred to as gutter news because that's what it is. Who would ever buy them? Their target audience seems to be middle aged women with a low educational background and a china pig collection.
In most cases I think that the press treated Meghan with respect

woger wabbit

War Hero
I mentioned the logic of them moving to SoCal, doesn't look like that will happen. However, on the US news they chatted with someone from Canadashire about all this malarkey with these two herberts.

The Canadian explained that the place they are staying and looking at, Vancouver Island, is a little enclave of la'la'land escapee's who want a quieter life. As for in's into the industry, apparently the bloke who is giving them bed and breakfast is the money behind the production company Lionsgate, so no issues there with future work.

The Canadian was asked about how it would go down if Canada was expected to pay for their protection and their detail. Apparently they are welcome, but if the want that don't expect the Canadian people to pay for it.
Today we learn that the Canadian PM has agreed to have the Canadian tax payers cover the cost of their security cover for as long as they remain in the country. With Meghan saying that they will not move to California for as long as Trump is President, if the Donald wins another term it could put a spoke in her wheel, and have the Canadians paying for a further 3 years of security. :eek:

woger wabbit

War Hero
Certainly are, showing Aufa Hirsch (Prof. of Journalism, So Cal U), playing the 'racism within the Royal Family' card, for all she's worth. If she said it over here, she might just make it to the BBC Car Park !

Awful, untalented woman.
It does not take much for the US media and joe public to slag off the Brits, having worked there for a few years I know that it is a national pastime. :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads