Harry & Megan to step back from Public life

Status
Not open for further replies.
It came from the sovereign grant. and no one has had money from the civil list for over 8 years.
C'est plus ca change. There isn't a great difference between the grant and the list, it's comes from the same source. Frogmore was renovated at public expense.
Harry gets an estimated £2+M from his father Charles, which he gets from the Duchy, which doesn't actually belong to Charles, it comes with the job, if he dropped dead tomorrow Harry and William would no longer get that income.
So technically it isn't public money, but effectively it is really.

2022, Eddie David Cruise Markle-Windsor appears. 2024, "conscious uncoupling" happens, 2025, tragic accident in a boating lake, Megan, Queen of Instagram mourned by a (grateful) world. 2026, Harry takes over from Grear Bills as the new outdoor wannabee, followed by many similar exploits. Meanwhile, Betty and Phil sit in their cryogenic chamber, chuckling with satisfaction.

Do not fcuk with The Firm.

Perhaps people will now begin to understand why links to the Daily Mail are prohibited in CA.

In case any of you were wondering, like.
Perhaps they should also ban the Express. The Telegraph is going a little bit tabloid too. Come to think of it perhaps we should have a prefered paper that we should read. Pravda anyone.

Now this dude seems to what it might cost Canada with the move...

"
But there have been questions over who would fund the costs of their security.

Mr Trudeau said most Canadians are "very supportive" of having royals live there, but there are "still lots of discussions to have" over "how that looks and what kind of costs are involved."

Harry gets an estimated £2+M from his father Charles, which he gets from the Duchy, which doesn't actually belong to Charles, it comes with the job, if he dropped dead tomorrow Harry and William would no longer get that income.
If that happened then William would be invested as the PoW and all Duchy income would come to to him. Harry therefore would be dependent on his big bro for his pocket money

As an astute reader observed in one of yesterday’s papers, the problem is not such much Meghan marrying into the Royal family, but more Harry marrying into show business!

Boris_Johnson

ADC
DirtyBAT
What "quid pro quo" is he expected to carry out? The press are only upset because they cant make money selling their shitty little rags when he refuses to entertain them.

He doing what he thinks best for his wife and child, I know some people on here clearly dont give a **** about their own family and surprised that others care for theirs.
I too wondered if the thought had crossed anyone's mind at any point that HRH is simply sticking to his wedding vows? To honour and worship, forsaking all others and all that.

Fake Sheikh

War Hero
Now a vacancy with The Firm will they be recruiting a new HRH?
Could be a great competition & as William* is a member on Arrse perhaps we can kick of "Find A New Prince".

Plus Points: The title, money, parties, protection, invites to sport & social .
Bad points: The press & Uncle Andy

More @ newhrhduke@royal.uk

Note: This might be false as it's Harry, allegedly.

Now a vacancy with The Firm will they be recruiting a new HRH?
There's been a "vacancy" in the firm for a number of years.
AKA, Harry's brain.
I think instead of Dad's annual £2 & a bit millions getting trousered next tranche, it ought to be diverted to rebate the extensive works carried out on their little pad. That at least would be honourable.

What would be the result, in the short and long term, if on an Oprah Winfrey show, Harry brought out a certified DNA profile showing that Charles was not his biological father?
The the next logical step would be a family appearance on the Jeremy Kyle show. Harry, looking angry and upset, shouts " BUT YOU SAID YOU WERE MY REAL DAD!" at Charles while a shell-suit clad Meghan strokes Hazza's arm and whispers soothing nothings into his ear. Jeremy stands a respectable distance from any Royal Security and says "now, Chas, in the Lie Detector Test you said you were Harry's father. Our results show..." before cutting to commercials. For Sussex Royal-endorsed condoms.

How long did you spend deployed on tours? Any theatre / op will do.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
Cheap shot as you know from the name I've never claimed otherwise. Numbnuts, aka stacker1 is the one holding Harrys service in "two tours" up as something special when H didn't finish either.

So my point wasn't about harry, it was about the other fellas stupid example.

Last edited:
I too wondered if the thought had crossed anyone's mind at any point that HRH is simply sticking to his wedding vows? To honour and worship, forsaking all others and all that.
What everyone is missing or fails to understand is that being in the Royal Family is very much like being in a military unit. The Queen is the commander.
Your role, be it heir apparent, senior, junior etc has defined duties and expected behavior.
There is a varying amount of dressing how you are told, going where you are told and doing what you are told.
E. G. As an officer you might not want to wear a suit to dinner every night, or attend full mess meetings. You just want to attend dinner nights and get smashed. Well, you can't pick and choose. You're either in for the whole thing or you resign.

It's a guided cage and a very constraining way of life. He can earn potentially much more and have more freedom to espouse views and whatever else on the outside.
But it needs that connection to the throne and the titles to maximise earning potential.
Megan is the brains behind this part of the enterprise. Harry just wants to be free of the shackles of the lifestyle. See his disappointment at being short toured from AFG because of the press.

Harry picked the wrong girl, plainly she is not suited to Royal (military) life. Chelsy was a better choice but the press and probably the realities of what's involved caused her to back out. Megan has her eyes on the long term /prize, but even then probably underestimated the personal cost.

It’s being reported on BBC News that Meghan wasn’t even involved in the “Sandringham Summit” by video link.
I wonder why that was?

I don't see why he can't be allowed to bugger off to Canada and do whatever he likes, whether it be fixing pick-ups, chopping logs or joining the Royal Canadian Donkey-wallopers. £2m bung per annum? Sorted! Meg can get a job in Doctor Moose's Steak & Grill House serving rib eye 'n' rump in a tight Hooters-esqe crop top. Sod opening supermarkets for a living. I really don't see what the issue is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads