Harry & Megan to step back from Public life

Status
Not open for further replies.
it's more honest than some of the others who enjoy the benefits without putting the work in

I don't really understand the financially independent comment though - didn't his mother leave him many millions?
He cannot be criticized for what others who came before, bequeathed to him, surely ?
That can happen to anyone , by accident of birth.

He has decided to opt out of a very privilidged position ( albeit financially ✓ ) .
And he has served his country, life on the line served, so much more than 98% of his age group.

Good luck to him and his family.

What the dim prince and his woke wife think doesn't really affect the UK's view on whether we should have a monarchy or not. Almost everyone just ignores whatever comes out of their naive mouths.

The real battle will be when the Queen dies and the Dim Prince's ******** father becomes monarch. There is a large chance that he won't be able to hold his tongue like the Queen has and then the equation in the publics' mind might well shift away from whether we should supplement their lifestyles from the public purse to whether we should have hereditary heads of state that may not align with what the public thinks.

Considering the (lack of) constitutional crisis we have seen over the last three years, it won't take much for the public to turn on the royals. Some careful planning may need to be had involving a french tunnel to make sure that Wills (who might be a safe pair of hands) gets a go before Charlie becomes the last king.

**** me someone else who believes the taxpayer funds him.
Let me guess almost everything you know about him comes from the tabloids?
I only mentioned Frogmore which the public purse refurbished at great expense only one year ago- he can keep all his money from his mummy and he can live of that plus all the freebies and handouts from the likes of Elton and she can go back to Z listing for all I care

I only mentioned Frogmore which the public purse refurbished at great expense only one year ago- he can keep all his money from his mummy and he can live of that plus all the freebies and handouts from the likes of Elton and she can go back to Z listing for all I care
Where did the money from the "public purse" actually come from?
You mentioned it because the tabloids told you half a story.

Second son, always sad.

A toon;

The Queen's father, when given the chance, shone.
I unfortunately , deprived of my lands and title, could have easily become twisted and bitter.
Thankfully I was saved by the love of a much younger Lady.
Since my Pop died, I have not seen my firstborn brother.
But do you know, being more mature, I have risen above it all and now I do not miss the little shit at all.

smeg-head

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer

Maple

LE
Why the hate for an ex-pongo who's trapped a fit lass and wants to live happily ever after with her?

anglo

LE
it's more honest than some of the others who enjoy the benefits without putting the work in

I don't really understand the financially independent comment though - didn't his mother leave him many millions?
Between them, around £30m, as far as I can make out

Why the hate for an ex-pongo who's trapped a fit lass and wants to live happily ever after with her?
Probably not so much for the decision they've made, but the way they've gone about it.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Gin-slinger

Swinger

Yeah but she has VERY expensive tastes.

It sounds a bit like they want to design their own role within the Royal Family. It's like being a little bit pregnant. I don't think so. You're in or you're out and never undermine or try and upstage the boss.

Probably not so much for the decision they've made, but the way they've gone about it.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
I personally don’t understand the need to head off abroad for 6 weeks over Christmas and New Year, possibly the last chance he will have to spend that special family time with his Grandparents. You can’t get that time back and it’s pretty obvious to me who was the driving force behind that decision.

Hollywood Princess upset at not being made a Royal Princess strops off.

From what can see/read between the lines. This all kicked off when “H” met T’wife. Is it something to do with that she’s a commoner or a foreigner/mixed race.
No matter how some people feel about his family or his roots , he’s one of ours.
He did two deployments one on the ground and one in the air. As far as I’m concerned he can do what he likes.
He’s done more for Mental Health in the military, than anyone else has! He set up the Invictus Games.
SOME PEOPLE HAVE VERY SHORT MEMORIES.
The only thing that concerns me, why didn’t he tell his Grandmother first? That is very strange, completely ignoring protocol!

Jammy66

War Hero
I think they should devote their time in helping the search for Maddie. That'd give them purpose and the adoration of the British public again. They can do it from a nice pad in Canada, tweeting, raising awareness etc.

cymraeg

War Hero
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads