Harry Maskers - bodge kit of Kings!

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by Themanwho, Oct 13, 2005.

1. Slightly less sticky.

2. Even further in the brown and smelly.

3. In small pieces over the last ten miles

4. Good God man, it's the only thing that keeps us going!

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I've seen black nasty tape put to many uses, from holding an SA80 together for the final attack (Guilty M'lud), sticking headlights back on to a 3/4ton Landrover, strapping MILAN missiles together for storage in the back of a WR510 (Really), holding the fabi=ric of the universe together (Alright, keeping the 9x9 stuck onto the back of its parent Landrover), to making those really cool SF sunglasses for photo opportunities. Any other bodges come to mind?
  2. In the aerospace industry it is used extensively, especially to effect minor/temporary repairs to the outer skin of aircraft. Its even carried on the space shuttle for making ad hoc repairs (read "lash-ups") whilst in orbit. 8O
  3. Taping magazines together .....

4. A tool box can comprise of but two items

1.) Black nasty
    2.) WD 40

If it moves but should'nt Black nasty

If it does'nt move but should WD 40

Job done.

Why make things complicated?
  5. It is like the force it has a light and a darks side and holds the universe together .

Though treat blisters by cutting tops off them filling with foot powder and then black and nasty is not reccomended :lol: .
  6. I remember a Chinook en route Split to BLMF making an unscheduked landing somewhere in the ulu. The crew chief popped out and then popped back in again and spoke to the pilots. Then he made the sign of the black tape to the troops embarked. Being shit-hot I had a roll in my webbing and duly handed it over. Chiefy jumped out once again, returned and gave me my nasty back and we resumed flying...there is no shadow of a doubt that black nasty does the job!!
  7. oh and don't forget the mystical maintenance powers of Don 10!
  8. Without any shadow of a doubt, if the men with snow on their boots had developed an airburst weapon that dissolved Harry Blackers, they would have won in four days.
  9. maninblack

maninblack LE Book Reviewer

85% of the UK is held together with Black n Nasty, cable ties and rolls of velcro.
  10. Substitute for bikini-line waxing kit...

Fixing the false leg on Gary Numan's sister...
  11. No she had a nice leather strap and garter belt rig
  12. Black nasty, the tool kit of the RAF , along with zip ties and poly bags (heavy duty )

We kept a ( brand new ) radar going with that for years
  13. What about the 70s night impromtu afro? Quite impossible to achive that retro look without a roll of the black stuff!
  14. Can't help remembering a so called replacement for black'n'nasty that was around in the late 80's. Green fabric tape. It was total cr4p. The only thinkg it was OK for was holding your helmet cover on!

Keep the black stuff
  15. black nasty, from MFO boxes, to being used to make some one with two eye brows have only one. Green fabric tape is the dogs bollocks, goes for a fortune on e bay. keeps most of the RAC AFV fleet still in operation