Harry Gets His Wings.

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by spike7451, May 8, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

And more crap reporting by the Forces favorite toilet paper...

Well done Sir.

(Remember the post in the sticky about commenting on Wills & Harry before replying)

2. Other papers mentioned 'provisional wings'. What's that then? Will he need to have L plates on his Apache and a qualified pilot sitting on his lap?

3. Not long now before he becomes Marshal of the Air Force, :p

Promotion comes at lightning speed for some people.

4. Gwar.

5. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

& good going for someone in the Army. :p

6. Are there a lot of "attached" pilots wearing the sky blue beret with their Inf/RAC cap badge?

7. Used to be just about everyone air and ground crew wore light blue with regt/corps badge , not sure if the aircrew now have to rebadge on qualification.?? I wanted to go AAC along with a mate from QDG , we both got nasty bollocking from manning and records RAC and quickly posted back to our regiments, they were having a bit of a war over "poaching"

8. and the blue-red-blue backing is part of his cap=badge?

The AAC guys I did dunker with were all wearing their original capbadge - R Anglians and REME spring to mind.

9. Then they weren't AAC guys - they were seconded to AAC for a pilot's tour: a career-enhancing experience second only in officer career terms, to going into the SAS as a mid-ranking Capt too old for a Platoon/Tp too young for a Sqn, not yet ready for a Staff Job.

At least that's how it was in my time.

Must have been pilot's wings on half the 1 and 2 Star officers in HQ ARRC (didn't Dannatt have pilot's wings?)

Chaps like that seldom re-badge though. Not much prospect of reaching CGS via the AAC-badged route

Still - if you're only on step down the ladder from being hd of state . . . . who needs to worry about a first career? :D

10. brown

11. Accidental_discharge:
    "What colour?"

Class, just pure Class.
    john

12. All those who are attached to the AAC. If Harry decides to carry on with his flying career with the AAC he will rebadge. It isn't a given with most pilots but with Harry, who knows.

Oh no - that wasn't a wah, was it??

13. Dannatt was Colonel of the Corps

14. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

No Wah (I'd have asked about his medals if it was a wah)

Why did his brother also a member of the HCR go to the RAF to train
    Has he jacked the HCR and transferred across as he wears the uniform
    Would he not have been better joing the RAF straight off?