Harry Dunn killed by US diplomat's wife

Wow! Truck envy. What do you carry in this vehicle that requires it to be larger than East Anglia?

But that's not the point of this thread, though, is it?
Ask him how big the gun rack is in his truck and what weapons he keeps in said gun rack.

Should keep him busy for at least half an hour.

It has been said that when the U2 spy plane was stationed in this country, the then base commander commented that even if someone commited murder, if they held restricted info on the U2 they would never see the inside of a British court..

A truck bed...
A car is very impractical, you wouldn't go very far here in one with a decent amount of snow on the ground.
A truck bed - and what do you carry on that?

Then the deep snow that I routinely drove through in Germany must have been imaginary. How I survived in my BMW is beyond me, and just to think that those Germans designed a car that couldn't cope with the local conditions. Fancy that!

And I might add I managed to drive on the correct side of the road whilst there. Unlike some people, sadly.

Steamboat

War Hero
A truck bed - and what do you carry on that?

Then the deep snow that I routinely drove through in Germany must have been imaginary. How I survived in my BMW is beyond me, and just to think that those Germans designed a car that couldn't cope with the local conditions. Fancy that!
Whatever one might need. Furniture, groceries , a snowblower, a carcass or three. The sky is the limit.

You would be the person that would be getting stuck in a snow drift! I am assuming you drive some sort of sedan?

Whatever one might need. Furniture, groceries , a snowblower, a carcass or three. The sky is the limit.

You would be the person that would be getting stuck in a snow drift! I am assuming you drive some sort of sedan?
Nope, never happened to me.
I drive a shooting brake - I think what you call a station wagon.

Pity Jeremy Clarkson isn't on this thread; I think he'd have a comment or two to say about a truck, a bed and several carcasses.

But I also realise this is CA.

However, back to the thread. I think we all accept that Mrs Sacoolas (Agent DESTRA) isn't going to face justice in the UK. But given the facts of this sad case (whereby due to a lack of care and attention she killed a young man), what could the USG do to assuage the grief of the parents, and in doing so repair the allegedly irreparable damage to UK/US relations?

Steamboat

War Hero
Nope, never happened to me.
I drive a shooting brake - I think what you call a station wagon.

Pity Jeremy Clarkson isn't on this thread; I think he'd have a comment or two to say about a truck, a bed and several carcasses
But I also realise this is CA.

But back to the thread. I think we all accept that Mrs Sacoolas (Agent DESTRA) isn't going to face justice in the UK. But given the facts of these sad case (whereby due to a lack of care and attention she killed a young man), what could the USG do to assuage the grief of the parents, and in doing so repair the allegedly irreparable damage to UK/US relations?
To be honest, they could throw them money and work on driver training for Americans that are stationed in the UK. Hire locals to run a taxi/uber service for dependents or personal stationed in the UK who are not yet comfortable to drive on your roads. Maybe widen some roads to give more room for drivers to avoid anybody in the wrong lane. That would be my idea for some sort of resolution. Funny how different things can strain relations.

Latest Threads