Harry Dunn killed by US diplomat's wife

Sounds like mothers in their pupil carriers round here. They know they are more important than silly traffic rules because of their offspring.
Oh the joys of sharing the road with a woman driver of a Chelsea Tractor.

Apart from the tick test I never had to do any of the other stuff, besides I never found reversing with a trailer that difficult.
Don't think we did but not everyone is as spatially aware and we did time trials with Rovers and trailers through cones, tight gaps, slaloms etc to have fun and make us aware

Anyway, the point of my original post was not to compare our own driving skills but consider our colonial cousins attempting to drive on the left and negotiate driving out of a main gate and the responsibility of their employer.

I like these hefty fines! it gets us back some of the interest paid on the extortionate US war loans!
Pig Ignorance on your part
You paid 10 cents on the dollar for any equipment YOU kept with lend lease. if you got rid of it/returned it, you paid nothing.

Now the Anglo American loan( @2% interest) was something you lot came requesting

And by 1948 you got more Marshall Plan aid than any other nation which also did not have to be repaid

You paid 10 cents on the dollar for any equipment YOU kept with lend lease. if you got rid of it/returned it, you paid nothing.

Now the Anglo American loan( @2% interest) was something you lot came requesting

And by 1948 you got more Marshall Plan aid than any other nation which also did not have to be repaid
point of order, post war, in a fit of generosity, the US did offer to write off the outstanding U.K. war loans and Lend Lease debts. It was Britain that said, a deals a deal and insisted on keeping its word and repaying in full.

point of order, post war, in a fit of generosity, the US did offer to write off the outstanding U.K. war loans and Lend Lease debts. It was Britain that said, a deals a deal and insisted on keeping its word and repaying in full.

That sir, is the mark of a true gentleman
, something the American government may well be worth remembering, in relation to Mr Dunn's killer.

BopBopBop

War Hero
I suppose for those of us who drove in BAOR, the problem of driving on the wrong side of the road was alleviated by the fact that MOD vehicles were LHD in the first place. I am trying to wrack my tiny mind to remember any incidents of doing a Seculas in a MOD vehicle and failed. However almost obliterated, Mrs. Robme the 1st in France along the Loir, head on duel with a 44ton mega truc, fortunately there was a bit of dirt pull off to escape.
Later in life, when I used to work for Cambridgeshire County Council, we had a large number of incidents involving septics and wrong way drivers (I had by then lost a Vauxhall Visa due to a Septic Airman on my side of the road, on my way home when I lived in Peterborough. We had shed loads of US Airmen sniffing the numerous single parents loose in the city).
A meeting was held with the Head Airman from RAF Lakenheath as Alcolnbury had closed by then, although there were a number of Septics who lived in Cambs. The Councils, Plod, RoSPA and the RHA & FTA all got together and thrashed out a plan to help the septics to understand that the bigger the truck did not give them right of way. Lots of ideas were thrown in the ring and it turned out to be a very fruitful meeting with the accident rate for Septic wrong way drivers dramatically being reduced subsequently. However what was made clear, was that there was little/No possibility of certain levels of Airmen being brought to U.K. Courts in the even of an incident. The base at the time was the home for their U2 spy planes (and subsequent versions) and the CO was most keen to impress on us that those pilots could ‘murder‘ someone and still not end up in U.K. courts.
It is all a bit gauling that 20 years later (and one of the attendees was head of Septic Driving in the U.K.) the lesson that were learnt and measures we introduced would appear to be ignored or forgotten. RIP Harry.
My 438 was RHD.

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
and...that went pretty much as expected then

" He said the US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo turned down the extradition request, which the family's constituency MP Andrea Leadsom informed them about. "

Right to the top - and pushed straight into touch by one of Trump's few remaining trusted hands.

I bet HMG was hoping 'Chinese death virus - shock, horror, probe ' was going to completely overshadow this story.

Last edited:
I just listened on R4 to Mr Siegler, the family spokesman, describing their reaction to SofS's predictable decision. He came across as hyperbolic and fiercely anti-American, claiming that 15 people had been killed by US SP in RTAs in 'recent years'. If this is true, that's shocking, but I fear his campaign (sorry, that of Harry Dunne's family) will serve only to entrench US attitudes (qv Ljonsey, RIP).

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
It's a little disingenuous for Mr Siegler to call foul when a precedence, (albeit without a fatal consequence,) was set for "important people" just over two weeks previously.

Important people could mean... er... oh I don't know...
Maybe the wife of a foreign Int operative, or the Assistant Chief Constable wife of the Labour MP for Sedgefield to take a random example.

In fact a well-hung gentleman suggested it wasn't a good idea back then.

Looks like Raad Siegler has gone full retard

Now linking Anne Sacoolis to a swapsie for the Epstein case

and...that went pretty much as expected then

" He said the US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo turned down the extradition request, which the family's constituency MP Andrea Leadsom informed them about. "

Right to the top - and pushed straight into touch by one of Trump's few remaining trusted hands.

I bet HMG was hoping 'Chinese death virus - shock, horror, probe ' was going to completely overshadow this story.

A statement from the US State Department said: "At the time the accident occurred, and for the duration of her stay in the UK, the US citizen driver in this case had immunity from criminal jurisdiction.

I don’t expect that works for pïssed up matelots on a run ashore in the US though.

A statement from the US State Department said: "At the time the accident occurred, and for the duration of her stay in the UK, the US citizen driver in this case had immunity from criminal jurisdiction.

I don’t expect that works for pïssed up matelots on a run ashore in the US though.
Nope, because matelots on a run ashore don't have dip Immunity. Now a pissed up defence attaché would be a different matter

windswept398

Old-Salt

That's incredible. So someone with diplomatic immunity can kill and get away with it.

I thought that kind of crap only existed in movies.

Splendid.

So, we pour out blood and treasure to save America, and America takes the opportunity to screw us over.

That's incredible. So someone with diplomatic immunity can kill and get away with it.

I thought that kind of crap only existed in movies.

This is the land of the free, and morbidly obese you are dealing with here, a law unto themselves, very soon to have their economic bubble burst by the Chinese, sit back and watch the fireworks!

Latest Threads