Harry Dunn killed by US diplomat's wife

I see Harry's mum has got rather upset by what Boris had to say about the septic woman's chances of facing trial in the UK, he was only repeating what most of us believe, did she expect Boris to sugar coat it or even lie about it..
In the short to medium term Harry will be remembered and hopefully an opportunity might pop up to change things - a part exchange deal for Assange for instance..

Why can't we deploy a top secret "snatch" squad to infiltrate into her surroundings and bundle her off like in that into the boot of a car and fly her back here kicking and screaming...

I'm pretty sure the US would do that to satisfy their own public opinion as a matter of maintaining credibility.
I doubt the US would do it for a death like this. We had a Guy dismember and set a teen afire and flee to IIRC Israel and he was not grabbed back

Samuel Sheinbein, the Izzy police gave him the good news eventually

We also had a Serb beat a man into a coma allowed to flee due to 2 Serb diplomats

Just released.....

Northamptonshire Police
·
Please see below a statement from Chief Constable Nick Adderley regarding a meeting he and Police, Fire and Crime Commissioner Stephen Mold have urgently requested with the base commander at RAF Croughton:
Chief Constable Nick Adderley, said:
“Northamptonshire Police is aware of an incident yesterday evening on a road between Mixbury and Fulwell House where a vehicle driving on the wrong side of the road was involved in a near-miss with another vehicle.
“We are working closely with Thames Valley Police who are the lead agency in regards to this incident and will do all we can to support their investigation.
“In the meantime, I do not underestimate how much of a concerning incident this was and how much worse it could have been, especially considering the circumstances in which 19-year-old Harry Dunn tragically died.
“This is also compounded by the fact that yesterday, myself and Police, Fire and Crime Commissioner Stephen Mold were made aware of another incident in Northampton in which a police vehicle was struck in early October by a vehicle also driving on the wrong side of the road. Thankfully there were no injuries.
“I want to be absolutely clear on the fact that these incidents just cannot keep happening. We know all too well in the case of young Harry, just how devastating they can be.
“Therefore, the PFCC and I have today requested an urgent meeting with the base commander at RAF Croughton to discuss safety on the roads around the base and I expect this meeting to take place next week.
“I will also be holding a command meeting on Monday morning to discuss these incidents in more detail with my senior officers.”

ISTR that the base commander at one of the American air bases would not let his people out on motorbikes before they had completed an IAM course due to the appalling accident rates.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
ISTR that the base commander at one of the American air bases would not let his people out on motorbikes before they had completed an IAM course due to the appalling accident rates.
Good shout.
Now all the other base commanders need to prevent their people leaving the base in other motor vehicles until they have completed their tour.

You would not be annoying the USA. Most of us want justice and can see something similar to our own family members if a driver was allowed to flee to another nation.

I would understand such flight if this happened in say Pyongyang or Zimbabwe or some other 4th world shithole but its not like she was going to be drawn and quartered even if found at total fault. This is a typical overreaction by State and the DoD because of her husbands status
you’ve never been to Northamptonshire, have you. ;)

Just released.....

Northamptonshire Police
·
Please see below a statement from Chief Constable Nick Adderley regarding a meeting he and Police, Fire and Crime Commissioner Stephen Mold have urgently requested with the base commander at RAF Croughton:
Chief Constable Nick Adderley, said:
“Northamptonshire Police is aware of an incident yesterday evening on a road between Mixbury and Fulwell House where a vehicle driving on the wrong side of the road was involved in a near-miss with another vehicle.
“We are working closely with Thames Valley Police who are the lead agency in regards to this incident and will do all we can to support their investigation.
“In the meantime, I do not underestimate how much of a concerning incident this was and how much worse it could have been, especially considering the circumstances in which 19-year-old Harry Dunn tragically died.
“This is also compounded by the fact that yesterday, myself and Police, Fire and Crime Commissioner Stephen Mold were made aware of another incident in Northampton in which a police vehicle was struck in early October by a vehicle also driving on the wrong side of the road. Thankfully there were no injuries.
“I want to be absolutely clear on the fact that these incidents just cannot keep happening. We know all too well in the case of young Harry, just how devastating they can be.
“Therefore, the PFCC and I have today requested an urgent meeting with the base commander at RAF Croughton to discuss safety on the roads around the base and I expect this meeting to take place next week.
“I will also be holding a command meeting on Monday morning to discuss these incidents in more detail with my senior officers.”
Are these foreign drivers driving uk cars? Surely if you drive a "foreign" car on "foreign" roads, that as you're driving it sitting in the passenger side, on the wrong side of the car, as are the gear & handbrake levers and the mirrors... surely all the above are constant reminders that you're in a foreign car and should drive on the other side?

Are these foreign drivers driving uk cars? Surely if you drive a "foreign" car on "foreign" roads, that as you're driving it sitting in the passenger side, on the wrong side of the car, as are the gear & handbrake levers and the mirrors... surely all the above are constant reminders that you're in a foreign car and should drive on the other side?
Seems to be a common problem with all sorts of drivers on both sides of the Channel.

overopensights

ADC
Book Reviewer
If that woman had one ounce of decency, she would get on a plane to the UK and present herself in front of a British policeman!

Another American driver on the wrong side of the road:
Harry Dunn: Police demand urgent road safety meeting with US base commander after footage shows car on wrong side of road

LINKY

Last edited:
Another American driver on the wrong side of the road:
Harry Dunn: Police demand urgent road safety meeting with US base commander after footage shows car on wrong side of road

LINKY

Yeah oh teh drama!

Car drives slow along single track country road, other car sees it and stops in plenty of time. Other car has to mount verge to allow other car to pass.

Its normal driving on every country road around here,

Surely when posted here they are instructed in the UK rules of the road?
But perhaps not!
From yesterdays' East Anglian Daily Times
quote [A US airman was found slumped in the vomit-spattered front seat of a car he drove with a shredded tyre while drunk on tequila.
Christopher Webb was found passed-out in the driver's seat of a Honda Jazz, parked on a filling station forecourt, at about 2.45pm on New Year's Eve.

Police were called to reports of a man asleep at the wheel of a car with a completely shredded tyre, the engine still running, and vomit down the offside door and on the driver's seat.

The 31-year-old was described as "dazed and confused" as he climbed from the car and had difficulty walking towards officers without propping himself up.

Webb, of The Chase, Brandon, appeared at Suffolk Magistrates' Court on Friday to admit driving with 83 microgrammes of alcohol in 100 millilitres of breath - the legal limit being 35mcg.

Shelley Drew, mitigating, said the RAF Lakenheath jet engine mechanic was "deeply ashamed" to be before the court and to have brought himself, his country and the military into disrepute.

She said the father-of-two could offer no explanation or reason for drinking alone for two hours, before driving home and being forced to pull into the BP garage at Brandon with a flat tyre.Co

"His commander will take administrative action against him" she added.

"He anticipates it will result in demotion, a reduction in pay, and the air force equivalent of unpaid work through additional duties."

Webb was disqualified from driving for 19 months and fined £1,407.

Following Webb into the dock, fellow US airman Bryce Burke, 22, of Eriswell Drive, Lakenheath, admitted driving with 88mcg of alcohol in breath and without insurance.

Burke was seen driving an Mazda MX5 across the central line and onto the nearside verge of the A1065, at Mildenhall, just before midnight on November 10.

Lyndon Davies, mitigating, said Burke made no excuses for taking a "stupid risk" and understood the dangers of drink-driving in the cold light of day.

He said Burke was due to lose his recent promotion to staff sergeant and would be subject to further internal penalty.

Mr Davies said Burke had been mistakenly continuing to insure a previous car of the same model and had failed to properly check the paperwork.

Burke was also banned for 19 months and fined a total of £1,262.]quote

Yeah oh teh drama!

Car drives slow along single track country road, other car sees it and stops in plenty of time. Other car has to mount verge to allow other car to pass.

Its normal driving on every country road around here,
It was a car that had just come out of the American base near where Harry Dunn was killed.
It just shows they've learned nothing from the Harry Dunn incident.

overopensights

ADC
Book Reviewer
I like these hefty fines! it gets us back some of the interest paid on the extortionate US war loans!

It was a car that had just come out of the American base near where Harry Dunn was killed.

I wasn't aware the roads of rural Sussex were full of American drivers

Seems to be a common problem with all sorts of drivers on both sides of the Channel.

Yup, biggest danger when driving in Europe?

The run in and out of channel crossings are British drivers in a rush forget themselves and drive on the wrong side.
Always drive with my Headlights on, driver and passenger watching intently for cars on the wrong side.

Obviously Trump is patiently waiting for the general population of the United Kingdom to realise the problem is that WE are driving on the wrong side of the road, not his diplomats.

I wasn't aware the roads of rural Sussex were full of American drivers
PhotEx, try reading the article:
Partial quote:
"The footage, reported to Northamptonshire Police on Saturday, shows a blue BMW having to brake sharply to avoid colliding with an oncoming car on a country road near RAF Croughton.
The car has what appears to be one of the registration numbers used on US government vehicles in the UK."

Last edited:
There are plenty of US personnel driving LHD cars around on the roads near Harrogate with UK plates. Some are clearly US vehicles, others are just LHD versions of vehicles widely available here. Just depends where they were posted previously I guess.

I'd be a bit cautious about drawing that conclusion from one piece of video footage, tbh - I drive past there on a reasonably frequent basis, and it hasn't just come out of the main gate at Croughton. There are no road markings for a start, which instantly suggests one of the side roads a bit further away, which would be supported by the comment in the ES piece that the incident occurred in the TVP area, rather than Northamptonshire.

I have to say that I suspect that what's happened is that the driver of the BMW in the footage (which is a RHD vehicle) has simply driven in the manner of many locals, going on the wrong side of the road to give better visibility round bends - but has been driving too quickly and with insufficient attention, hence the need to brake quickly.

Unless I've been unfortunate and encountered Americans on every occasion where I've had to slow to allow the numpty coming round the corner on the wrong side room to get back over (and I rather doubt that the octogenarian-looking woman driving a Honda Jazz I last had to do this for is an employee of the NSA/CIA/USAF), this looks a bit like the sort of driving regularly encountered and not exclusive to the US personnel in the area.

I'm guessing that while the vehicle would appear to be being driven by an American (given police comments and the number plate), this one could just as easily be 'American driver assimilates with local populace and drives his/her BMW X3/X5 like a t**t' as opposed to 'Another American forgets which side of the road to drive upon'. The problem, of course, is the context in which this has happened, where the latter explanation becomes the only one...

Latest Threads