Harry Dunn killed by US diplomat's wife

Just found this. Different but has similarities. (4 parts that follow on, total 30 mins). Fictional public awareness film from 2009.

Donald Trump is basically sending a strong message which can only bolster his popularity, in that he will never see US citizens hung out to dry, he doesn't give a toss about anything other than protecting US interests and that message is only getting stronger.

It was easy in 1961 if compared with 2020.
House on Garibaldi Street is still a great read.

Moral of the story is arrest and remand first.

At least they got blood money for Raymond Davis, eh? That family's gonna get SFA.

Donald Trump is basically sending a strong message which can only bolster his popularity, in that he will never see US citizens hung out to dry, he doesn't give a toss about anything other than protecting US interests and that message is only getting stronger.
Bit like how Putin will never extradite a Russian.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Bit like how Putin will never extradite a Russian.

I was only rather bemused at Harry Dunn's old dear, they think getting a UK based charge is going to bring her back kicking and screaming by force under house arrest by US marshals on a private jet?

Not going to happen, not with her husband being who he is (and remains whatever), he must have had some assurances not to worry about this, do your job, crack on etc

Sympathy to their loss, but I don't really think the next Administration is going to win brownie points by endorsing US extradition to other countries whether friends or not.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer

ugly

LE
Which is why everyone should drive on the left.

She didn’t drive on the right because she was pissed/incapable, it’s an awful tragedy but I’m with the yanks on this one.

The baying mob wants someone behind bars but if you drive most of your life on the right and move abroad because of your husbands job why should she be in court?
Oddly enough leaving the terminals at folkestone or Calais and you get plenty of reminders to drive on the appropriate side for the country

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
If only we had a PM like that, time to step up Boris.
This story will be forgotten about in less than a year.
There are far too many more important issues to worry about in the world of politics and such stuff. The only people who will care will be Harry’s parents.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Would that be like asking a racist why they call you racist?
Do you think you'll get an answer from a deleted c/s ?

I was only rather bemused at Harry Dunn's old dear, they think getting a UK based charge is going to bring her back kicking and screaming by force under house arrest by US marshals on a private jet?

Not going to happen, not with her husband being who he is (and remains whatever), he must have had some assurances not to worry about this, do your job, crack on etc

Sympathy to their loss, but I don't really think the next Administration is going to win brownie points by endorsing US extradition to other countries whether friends or not.
I understand the reality behind the decision but we need to make the USA understand that we would take a reciprocal attitude starting by declaring that the extradition request for Assange was politically motivated and just release him and let them live with the America first attitude.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
I blame the French.
it was Napoleon who introduced driving on the right.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
I blame the French.
it was Napoleon who introduced driving on the right.
Those bloody French.
Well done, I knew Arrse would get to the eventual cause of this tragedy.

To give an idea of the sentence she could have expected, there was a reported conviction yesterday of someone who caused serious injury by dangerous driving when he went round a corner in Derbyshire too quickly, went briefly onto the wrong side of the road and head on into a motorcyclist (who was doing about 40 in a 60 according to the investigators) causing a broken pelvis and other injuries from which he had pretty much fully recovered.

He got 2yrs in jail. That’s for causing injury by dangerous driving, which was defined by injuring someone by being in the wrong side of the road briefly after a corner, not killing someone after being on the wrong side of the road for quarter of a mile. If she’d been convicted she’d have got significantly longer.

Why would we want to annoy the USA over a traffic accident?
You would not be annoying the USA. Most of us want justice and can see something similar to our own family members if a driver was allowed to flee to another nation.

I would understand such flight if this happened in say Pyongyang or Zimbabwe or some other 4th world shithole but its not like she was going to be drawn and quartered even if found at total fault. This is a typical overreaction by State and the DoD because of her husbands status

Latest Threads