Harry Dunn killed by US diplomat's wife

I'm struggling with the urge to become a member of the Arrse Accident Investigation Board here as I've driven that stretch of road a few times in the past.

Do we have a confirmed grid ref for the collision? Was the bike heading east, or west?

Do we have a confirmed grid ref for the collision? Was the bike heading east, or west?
The bike had just left the 30mph limit of Croughton, heading in the general direction of RAF Croughton.

The car had turned left out of RAF Croughton, travelling in the lane marked as leading to the strangely-named village of MO7S.

The bike had just left the 30mph limit of Croughton, heading in the general direction of RAF Croughton.

The car had turned left out of RAF Croughton, travelling in the lane marked as leading to the strangely-named village of MO7S.

Ta! I wondered if it was related to the deceptively sharp bend on the way to the A43/M40.

To paraphrase an old saying;
'If you are going to sup with the media, you'd better use a long spoon'

With the trip to New York (paid by whom?) announced by DM, I fear the parents are perhaps
over-doing things.
It was of course, a tragic loss and deserve our sympathy, and I hope it reaches a good solution for the parents' sake.
But let's hope they don't get to find out just how fickle the press, who will
turn on a sixpence when it suits them, can be.

[snip]Must say, I'm pretty impressed with the Dunn family so far for showing a lot of self control & dignity.
For sure.

I don't wish to trivialise their loss, which as for any sudden death, will have come as a shock and been traumatic, however they've certainly hit the ground running.

Whether by luck, accident, or knowledge, from a media perspective they've handled this event very well so far and would appear to be getting good advice.

I would agree with @Stanchion in that the press is fickle and they’re now venturing into the media scape of a foreign country, but so far they’ve done a very effective job of raising the profile of this story, to the degree where both the PM of the UK and the president of the USA are responding.

Only time will tell if the media want to change their angle and turn them from victims to bullies, though frankly, I hope they continue to receive good advice and get a decent and just outcome.

I cant see any of that, with the possible exception of one US chap getting very, very huffy when people actually had the temerity to suggest killing a Brit and fleeing the country was a bit poor.
Out of curiosity, I checked to see how this outrage was being discussed on one of the UK's largest bike forums.

There were six posts.

Out of curiosity, I checked to see how this outrage was being discussed on one of the UK's largest bike forums.

There were six posts.
I would hazard a guess but all six were pretty much judge jury and executioner ...and she must come back and face the music, for her careless actions which cost the life of a young man.

cheers

I would hazard a guess but all six were pretty much judge jury and executioner ...and she must come back and face the music, for her careless actions which cost the life of a young man.

cheers
There was some doubt expressed over the prospect a favourable outcome in a British court.

Last edited:
To paraphrase an old saying;
'If you are going to sup with the media, you'd better use a long spoon'

With the trip to New York (paid by whom?) announced by DM, I fear the parents are perhaps
over-doing things.
It was of course, a tragic loss and deserve our sympathy, and I hope it reaches a good solution for the parents' sake.
But let's hope they don't get to find out just how fickle the press, who will
turn on a sixpence when it suits them, can be.
I've no doubt as a parent I would be doing exactly the same thing as them, but the more I see this unfolding on our TV screens, the more I think it would be better for them if they were a little more discreet in their actions.
Their recent criticism of Dominic Raab didn't help their cause either in my opinion.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
The survival rate of bouncing along a grass verge is greater than that of colliding with a 3" steel pole.
I understood that the result of a survey was that there were too many signs confusing road users now and they had to be reduced (signs not road users unfortunately).

Latest Threads