Harry Dunn killed by US diplomat's wife

In order to interview her under caution does she not have to be arrested? If she went to trial she would not exactly be getting a jury of her peers either. Would she be released on bail, or due to the nature of the case and the hurt feelings denied bail?
I would hope she would be denied bail, given that she already assured the police she was not going to leave the country after killing someone, then left the country. Clearly she cannot be trusted.

Jonesy, just take a second to view the situation with a bit of detachment. Imagine the situation is reversed, some Brit goes to the US, drives down a road on the wrong side and kills someone while doing so. They tell the highway patrol / state troopers they won't leave the country, then immediately flee to the UK. Would you be defending them with the same arguments?

Zhopa

War Hero
Remember your Ambo was very biased towards the Clinton's, and he did vouch for the legitimacy of a certain dossier that is viewed very skeptically by many here.
It's the second time you've mentioned the ambo, and now in the context of the dossier as well. At the risk of still further thread drift, I'm confused. Are you talking about Westmacott, Darroch or Wood?

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
are there in the official reports whether one ort he other were going faster than if at 40mph ( speed limiter on the road )....then again if both went at 30 mph or less, maybe the outcome be different?

i know where you coming re retribution and excuse by the four letter bad guys to waddle in the chaos and division in the community. One saving grace is there are no riots as such....yet

cheers
She was only something like 400 Yards from the base, and had just left it, ergo if they had warning signs she would have picked up on it
not sure if her car was left hand drive
but it was a Volvo XC90 one of those big ugly cars that have no place on our narrow roads
to compound the problem, her three children attended a local school, and Harrys father has worked there for many years
so it would be difficult for her to stay in the area

Last edited:

LJONESY

On ROPS
On ROPs
I would hope she would be denied bail, given that she already assured the police she was not going to leave the country after killing someone, then left the country. Clearly she cannot be trusted.

Jonesy, just take a second to view the situation with a bit of detachment. Imagine the situation is reversed, some Brit goes to the US, drives down a road on the wrong side and kills someone while doing so. They tell the highway patrol / state troopers they won't leave the country, then immediately flee to the UK. Would you be defending them with the same arguments?
I understand how the family feels, and they are far more charitable then I would be under the circumstances.

But what some folks fail to grasp, is that her and her husband are “special”. So in this case doing the right thing was overruled in favour of national interest. Somebody senior in the food chain came to the same conclusion, but made the call knowing full well what would happen. This course of action was considered the least bad of all the options. I am pretty sure if her husband was a trade attaché or a Senior Airman she would be going through your process.

But yes foreigners who break the law are a pita, and many do jump ship before they can go to trial. I deal with this from time to time but they are mostly Chinese or Middle Eastern.

LJONESY

On ROPS
On ROPs
It's the second time you've mentioned the ambo, and now in the context of the dossier as well. At the risk of still further thread drift, I'm confused. Are you talking about Westmacott, Darroch or Wood?
The one that Trump got into it with. Kim Darroch i believe.

But what some folks fail to grasp, is that her and her husband are “special”.
We don't fail to grasp that. What I (and I presume other posters) am getting annoyed about is your making frankly pathetic excuses.

She killed a man. She has either decided to run away and avoid justice or has been instructed to return home and avoid justice. Either one is disturbing. For you to then come on here, start blaming the victim and then suggest that it's acceptable with some bollocks about not getting a fair trial is ridiculous.

The US values her career more than Harry Dunn's life and doesn't care what the rest of the world thinks about that. Just be honest and say it.

But what some folks fail to grasp, is that her and her husband are “special”. So in this case doing the right thing was overruled in favour of national interest.

How would anyone over here know they were "special" ?

They should have stuck around, said it was a tragic accident and accepted the consequences........... which I don't think would have had serious punishments if no drink or drugs were involved.

They've opened up a can of worms with their actions, and caused quite a lot of anger.

LJONESY

On ROPS
On ROPs
We don't fail to grasp that. What I (and I presume other posters) am getting annoyed about is your making frankly pathetic excuses.

She killed a man. She has either decided to run away and avoid justice or has been instructed to return home and avoid justice. Either one is disturbing. For you to then come on here, start blaming the victim and then suggest that it's acceptable with some bollocks about not getting a fair trial is ridiculous.

The US values her career more than Harry Dunn's life and doesn't care what the rest of the world thinks about that. Just be honest and say it.
I would have thought that would have been obvious by now. But I would say it is the information that could compromised that is valued. Everybody knows that we will protect her when she is stateside, so it was a rush to get her and her family on a plane.

LJONESY

On ROPS
On ROPs
How would anyone over here know they were "special" ?

They should have stuck around, said it was a tragic accident and accepted the consequences........... which I don't think would have had serious punishments if no drink or drugs were involved.

They've opened up a can of worms with their actions, and caused quite a lot of anger.
Yes a can of worms was opened, and it will have long standing consequences for the US-UK relationship. I think that has been thoroughly established.

A person convicted of causing death by dangerous driving is liable to imprisonment for a term not exceeding fourteen years.
"up to" Judge decides sentence - hence pussy pass suspended sentence and fine

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Sod it, let's just kill redshift and call it equal.

I've not seen any of that spin.
Far from it.
Did you watch Ridge on Sunday? I can't remember who she was discussing case with, but Johnston & Trump blamed for her fleeing

Watched C4 News?

Well folks what a mess. But in the United States one is considered innocent until proven guilty. Perhaps if the hounds weren’t baying for blood and a kangaroo, court things might be different. But throwing one of our own for show trial justice is a bit unnerving. As demonstrated by many of our cousins across the pond in their quest to hang the Septic. But until you get the official crash report with all the details it is all SWAG. Who knows perhaps the 19 year old also had some fault as well.
There are already different stories:

First: Harry was going over brow of hill

Then: Harry was going round a bend

He was on a Kawa Sports bike and probably travelling fast. Did his helmet fail/fall off?

LJONESY

On ROPS
On ROPs
There are already different stories:

First: Harry was going over brow of hill

Then: Harry was going round a bend

He was on a Kawa Sports bike and probably travelling fast. Did his helmet fail/fall off?
The only folks that have all the details are the ones who investigated the crash.

Please, please stop, she was on the wrong side of the road causing the accident resulting in death, end of discussion.
Allegedly.

This person was involved in a RTA and has done a runner.

That doesn't make her look good but doesn't automatically make her guilty.

She is wanted in order to gather evidence, not because she has been found guilty of, or even charged with, a crime.

IMO that should be remembered before reaching for the rope and burning torches.

Did you watch Ridge on Sunday? I can't remember who she was discussing case with, but Johnston & Trump blamed for her fleeing

Watched C4 News?
No, and no.
I usually watch BBC news.

Immunity is being claimed under a different UK-US agreement that covers Spooks
Got any more details on that immunity agreement?

One wonders whether it is legislation, or a gentlemans agreement. Then one wonders how far the agreement actually extends to cover family. If it is just a nod and a wink agreement between a couple of spymasters and nothing is enshrined in legislation then she could technically be required to appear before a court.

It get's muddier and muddier.

A little tip for you sir, Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth 2nd is not a celebrity, she is the Sovereign of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, I would not refer to your President as a celebrity.
I'd barely describe him as human

Latest Threads