Harry Dunn killed by US diplomat's wife

I had to pause, take a breath and untangle that a little.

I sat with eight perfectly ordinary Americans, taking a hyper-civilised Afternoon Tea last week in Kensington Palace Gardens. I may well be doing the same this weekend.

I don't live in a third world hell-hole.

After 12 years of travelling into central London for work five days a week, just about anywhere in UK would appear Elysian.

None of the group appeared to think so either - but they were characteristically polite.
Who knows what they were thinking behind those bright Kalifornian smiles....

They do ask some odd questions it has to be said.

' Is History compulsory at your schools? ' :rolleyes:

Edited to add: The Press ( Gawd bless 'em) appear to focus on the unfortunate Ms Sacoolas as 'Mrs Diplo' …. hoist in that it may be SHE that has the State Department diplomatic immunity, because of the work she does, rather than her old man ?
I fear you may have missed the sarcasm and that it was simply a shot at Jonesys attitude and suggestion that UK asking for justice was akin to the storming of the US embassy in Libya -
Rather than a serious post about the US and UK in general

triggerigger

Old-Salt
A little tip for you sir, Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth 2nd is not a celebrity, she is the Sovereign of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, I would not refer to your President as a celebrity.
Ooh dear are you riding the cotton pony today?
_20191009_155723.JPG

woger wabbit

Old-Salt
Yes she was for a 1/4 of a mile.

She was also in country for three weeks, and it was 2030 hours.

But let’s see the toxicology reports for both drivers. How fast were they both going, how visible was the biker, what kind of reflective clothing and ppe was he wearing? Did he try to lay his bike down?

Or did she not see him and merge with a 19 year old on a crotch rocket going a bit fast who was not visible? Did the motorcyclist have some fault in this as well?
Please, please stop, she was on the wrong side of the road causing the accident resulting in death, end of discussion.

I would not refer to your President as a celebrity.
You would not, but he most certainly would.
Anyhow...reset button...maybe.
Political hoo-ha, head-to-one-side noddy-head tea & biccy sympathy, useless platitudes and /or patronising lessons on the world of "Impunity" just about to happen as the parents are with Raab in a moment.
I expect the UK will know more from them shortly..as far as they are "advised" ;) to disclose.

woger wabbit

Old-Salt
You would not, but he most certainly would.
Anyhow...reset button...maybe.
Political hoo-ha, head-to-one-side noddy-head tea & biccy sympathy, useless platitudes and /or patronising lessons on the world of "Impunity" just about to happen as the parents are with Raab in a moment.
I expect the UK will know more from them shortly..as far as they are "advised" ;) to disclose.
you are daft!

triggerigger

Old-Salt
Enlighten please "cotton pony" :???::???:
Sorry, its a gene hunt euphemism and I've been itching to use it. It refers to a ladys monthly instability. I see your point but have lost a deal of respect for royalty over the years. At least the usa prez has a job and his position is earned not hereditary. I see them as parasites in this time of austerity. I used to be quite a passionate royalist.

Nemesis44UK

LE
Book Reviewer
To say double standards exist in the Trans Atlantic relationship would be an understatement. I will leave it at that, we can’t hurt feelings this early in the day.
You are correct, but not the way you're inferring.

I think it was Barry Obama who put the myth to rest about there being a "special relationship" between our two countries.

It no longer applies, especially with the US not willing to share int with us because of Huawei routers or somesuch and the UK not willing to share it with Trump because it'll end up in Russian hands.

A fine pair!

LJONESY

On ROPS
On ROPs
You are correct, but not the way you're inferring.

I think it was Barry Obama who put the myth to rest about there being a "special relationship" between our two countries.

It no longer applies, especially with the US not willing to share int with us because of Huawei routers or somesuch and the UK not willing to share it with Trump because it'll end up in Russian hands.

A fine pair!

The important question I have from this mess, is why don't our governments really don't trust each other to do the proper thing anymore? As over the past few months, with other incidents it seems that "special relationship" is alive and well in name only.

Nemesis44UK

LE
Book Reviewer
The important question I have from this mess, is why don't our governments really don't trust each other to do the proper thing anymore? As over the past few months, with other incidents it seems that "special relationship" is alive and well in name only.
I think Syria did in the special relationship. We refused to join in a bombing campaign with the US as there hadn't been enough evidence to point to who was responsible for the chemical attacks. For the first time in a very long time, the US was without its little cousin. Did it upset people higher up? I know Barry wasn't happy, but were the CIA pi$$ed off? State Department? Any of those agencies might've had their noses put out of joint and started to cut us out of the loop.

LJONESY

On ROPS
On ROPs
I think Syria did in the special relationship. We refused to join in a bombing campaign with the US as there hadn't been enough evidence to point to who was responsible for the chemical attacks. For the first time in a very long time, the US was without its little cousin. Did it upset people higher up? I know Barry wasn't happy, but were the CIA pi$$ed off? State Department? Any of those agencies might've had their noses put out of joint and started to cut us out of the loop.
I think it has been a series of events that have built up to the current show we have now.
Remember your Ambo was very biased towards the Clinton's, and he did vouch for the legitimacy of a certain dossier that is viewed very skeptically by many here. Syria is another issue, then you have the Gulf and the decision to go with the French and Germans. The 5G affair by PMTM also caught many off guard. So with matters of American National Security no chances are going to be taken, which was the point I was trying to make. The United States would rather deal the fallout from extending the middle finger, knowing just what kind of bomb was going to drop on US-UK relations then allow the idiot driver to remain in UK custody. Which is telling.

tgo

Old-Salt
Sorry, its a gene hunt euphemism and I've been itching to use it. It refers to a ladys monthly instability. I see your point but have lost a deal of respect for royalty over the years. At least the usa prez has a job and his position is earned not hereditary. I see them as parasites in this time of austerity. I used to be quite a passionate royalist.
You should give your head a wobble.

Parasites...

Forbes reports the British monarchy "contributes nearly £1.8 billion to the UK economy" annually, including £550 million in tourism.6 May 2019

Nemesis44UK

LE
Book Reviewer
@LJONESY - On the other thread, you wrote:

"I think she was trying to do the right thing, but that choice was made for her for reasons that deal with National security. Your way of doing business makes many over here a bit leery"

Care to explain? The UK isn't exactly a banana republic, or is that what you believe? She would've had a fair trial with all the forensic and physical evidence available. Or do you not think so?

LJONESY

On ROPS
On ROPs
@LJONESY - On the other thread, you wrote:

"I think she was trying to do the right thing, but that choice was made for her for reasons that deal with National security. Your way of doing business makes many over here a bit leery"

Care to explain? The UK isn't exactly a banana republic, or is that what you believe? She would've had a fair trial with all the forensic and physical evidence available. Or do you not think so?
In order to interview her under caution does she not have to be arrested? If she went to trial she would not exactly be getting a jury of her peers either. Would she be released on bail, or due to the nature of the case and the hurt feelings denied bail? Her husband obviously does more than service the copy machine and drink coffee. She would be a person of interest to many, as would he. You also have agents from other hostile countries already in the UK that would find out about this couple.

We have Chinese spooks here in little old Wyoming, that like to follow and gather information about a certain installation and people on it. Finding ways to compromise people makes it quite easy to exploit them, and the information they know.

Latest Threads