Harry Dunn killed by US diplomat's wife

If, indeed, that's what she really was.

As opposed to (say) a junior admin support officer.

It may be my aearly onset alzheimer's, but I don't recall reading anything that unequivocally proves her to be the former, not the latter.

she was very high level.
back in the US, she was commended for her work and promoted to Section Chief.

cest las vie, but the CIA won’t give her up

Her husband is a tech analyst of a more junior grade. She is now deskbound, but was still more senior than him in grade as a field operative.

As a television drama goes, the US Government co-operated extensively with the production of the show. The characters are supposedly pastiches of real life personnel.
Supposed and Pastiche do not constitute anything remotely like 'proof

My point is that Unca Sam is remorselessly protective of its citizens, irrespective of their misdemeanours in the world beyond CONUS.

You can Google the Sun for 09/10/19 if you wish. It tells some of the story, but not the whole story. Your turn to deal.
"It is believed Mrs Sacoolas, her husband and three children were flown out of Mildenhall, the US air base in Suffolk, reports the Telegraph."

Yep, that's deffo looking like extraordinary efforts to get her out of the country. I mean, taking 2.5 weeks and after a letter from the FCO saying you might as well get her out of the country. Looks like the next season of Homelands has written itself right there

"It is believed Mrs Sacoolas, her husband and three children were flown out of Mildenhall, the US air base in Suffolk, reports the Telegraph."

Yep, that's deffo looking like extraordinary efforts to get her out of the country. I mean, taking 2.5 weeks and after a letter from the FCO saying you might as well get her out of the country. Looks like the next season of Homelands has written itself right there

As I said, it is part of the story, but not the whole story. A 'friend' of the family subsequently gave much of the game away in a press interview in an attempt to be helpful (to whom is not entirely clear).