Harry Dunn killed by US diplomat's wife

There is no way on God's Green Earth that the CIA would give up a former intelligence officer; however, she could (and , imho, should) be prosecuted in a US court, assuming that the Americans would consent to this.
If, indeed, that's what she really was.

As opposed to (say) a junior admin support officer.

It may be my aearly onset alzheimer's, but I don't recall reading anything that unequivocally proves her to be the former, not the latter.

If, indeed, that's what she really was.

As opposed to (say) a junior admin support officer.

It may be my aearly onset alzheimer's, but I don't recall reading anything that unequivocally proves her to be the former, not the latter.

If she was a junior admin support officer, the Americans would have not gone to the extraordinary lengths that they did to get her out of the UK.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
It seems Biden's head of security for his entourage whilst in the UK told all the drivers:
"Remember whilst in this country you drive on the wrong side of the road" :policeflat:
If they drive on the right then they will be driving on the wrong side! :) :drunken:

To be fair it would be the same in reverse, we wouldn’t give up an intelligence asset (spouse), for similar.

There are frequent crimes committed with pre mediation by several diplomats from less friendly countries, which are not reported in the media, as no doubt ours have and are.
We start nailing diplomats to the cross and prosecuting them, guess what happens to ours?

I suspect she will not leave the USA ever again, she will be for ever know as that person who forgot which side of the road to drive on, the family will get a financial settlement and that’s it.
For those serving overseas, HMG's line is to face the music locally, if there will be a fair trial and comparative sentencing. As pointed out before, this would have been a tragic yet largely unreported case if the US had waived her immunity and the matter heard before the courts in Northampton. There was no public interest in Mrs Sakoolas being imprisoned; she would have been convicted, fined and expelled (with all the career damage that would involve to her and her husband). Harry's family would have received the justice they deserved and the matter would be closed.

For those serving overseas, HMG's line is to face the music locally, if there will be a fair trial and comparative sentencing. As pointed out before, this would have been a tragic yet largely unreported case if the US had waived her immunity and the matter heard before the courts in Northampton. There was no public interest in Mrs Sakoolas being imprisoned; she would have been convicted, fined and expelled (with all the career damage that would involve to her and her husband). Harry's family would have received the justice they deserved and the matter would be closed.
Causing death by dangerous driving usually carries a prison term.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
I’m not so sure, forget the fact she is is American.
The fact is driving on the wrong side of the road is dangerous and there was a good chance she would have been charged with causing death by dangerous driving which as we know carries a term of imprisonment. She could easily and should have IF found guilty spent time behind bars.
The fact that she is American and was use to driving on the other side will be taken into mitigation but not in the charging decision.

If she was a junior admin support officer, the Americans would have not gone to the extraordinary lengths that they did to get her out of the UK.
Extraordinary lengths? Didn't they just chuck her on the Trooper flight out of Mildenhall?
It's not like they had to have a CIA team break her out of prison

Link?
ETA: perhaps we have a different understanding of extraordinary? ISTR previous post on this thread saying it's SOP for the US to rapidly get out of the country anyone with Dip Immunity who does something serious

She didn't leave on a either a US-flagged scheduled flight on her Dip Passport or on a US Military flight from Mildenhall.

In your opinion.

In mine, they would.

Because 'Mur'ca, Yea!!

You think too highly of their machinery of State.

I've had quite a bit of contact with the US machinery of state; some of it is underwhelming (much like some of ours), but they tend to get the bits around their LEAs and SIAs right.

It seems Biden's head of security for his entourage whilst in the UK told all the drivers:
"Remember whilst in this country you drive on the wrong side of the road" :policeflat:
Well? It is the wrong side of the road to us. At least the head of security took the trouble to point that out to the bodyguard who will be driving Sleepy Joe around your fair country. He probably didn't explain it to Sleepy Joe as he knew that it would go in one ear and out the other. :-D
Cookie Monster riding in a  Technical.jpg

Mathew Broderick had a similar accident near Enniskillen taking out a couple of members of one of my ex wife's family. fined $175.00 yankee dorrar.