Harry Dunn killed by US diplomat's wife

There might be a rational explanation as to why Mrs Sacaloos “wasn’t/is“ now recognized as being working for the Americans??

Like she was found in the Mediterranean by local Fisherpeople unconscious with a couple of Bullet wounds, she suffered from “psychogenic amnesia”. After a few adventures along the way, she makes her way back to RAF Croughton where she meets the husband And her memory is restored (APART FROM THE MEMORY OF WHAT SIDE OF THE ROAD TO DRIVE ON!) and it seems she was part of a secret CIA “Sleeper Cell”?

If Jason Bourne can get away with that type of storyline then in the USofA it is plausible!

Ok here’s another train of thought from the likes of fiction, 007 movies, Jason Bourne, or what not say for example has in has been completed to remove a threat in countryside in true Pinewood Studios or Paramount Studios Fashion. Then the good guys be it 22 or SB or Delta/SEALS/SAD Exfil After their deed but on way out inadvertently and accidentally kill a civvy or civvies be it if any age, and it’s oh shit.

Then what??

btw slightly digressing while it’s nice they brought the Jason Bourne series to the 21st century ..,they should have stuck by the book plots instead of going against them and in a way seemed anti govt. Preferred the original two part series with Richard Chamberlain, Jaclyn Smith, Donald Moffat, and legendary English actors denholm Elliott, Phillip Madoc, Anthony Quayle, Peter Vaughn and German actor Wolff Kahler, as it was close to the plot.

the sequels that followed again were nowhere like the books.

Also in latest Jason Bourne look at the CEO of Deep Dream character, the actor who portrays him is of similar controversy.

cheers

Ok here’s another train of thought from the likes of fiction, 007 movies, Jason Bourne, or what not say for example has in has been completed to remove a threat in countryside in true Pinewood Studios or Paramount Studios Fashion. Then the good guys be it 22 or SB or Delta/SEALS/SAD Exfil After their deed but on way out inadvertently and accidentally kill a civvy or civvies be it if any age, and it’s oh shit.

Then what??

btw slightly digressing while it’s nice they brought the Jason Bourne series to the 21st century ..,they should have stuck by the book plots instead of going against them and in a way seemed anti govt. Preferred the original two part series with Richard Chamberlain, Jaclyn Smith, Donald Moffat, and legendary English actors denholm Elliott, Phillip Madoc, Anthony Quayle, Peter Vaughn and German actor Wolff Kahler, as it was close to the plot.

Also in latest Jason Bourne look at the CEO of Deep Dream character, the actor who portrays him is of similar controversy.

cheers
:roll:

Then what??

cheers
What on Earth are you talking about?

trust me if you've worked with or for them, you know there is no SR

Of course there is a SR. Hell the UK is the honorary 51st State ;)

Yep. When you have US Marines trying to spot-check your kit, you know you aren't thought of much.
Is that better or worse than RAF movers?

The latter confiscated (in perpetuity) my 1" penknife, when we (The Army Staff College - obviously Jihadis to a man!!) flew to Berlin, a matter of weeks before the Wall fell.

A few weeks later, I marched an entire infantry Company aboard one of their aircraft.

All of them armed with bayonets and rifles.

What on Earth are you talking about?

Example the SAS does a raid on group of bad folk say the city center in secret, with no local plod made aware. The 22nd carry their Mission successfully and Exit the scene only to accidentally kill a passer by.

Or MI5/Special Branch Team busts a group of terror suspects covertly in a viLage or town secretly and accidentally kills passer by / innocent civilians during the raid or operation.

Who gets in the neck then, if your get my drift and would there be any CPS involved??

cheers

Example the SAS does a raid on group of bad folk say the city center in secret, with no local plod made aware. The 22nd carry their Mission successfully and Exit the scene only to accidentally kill a passer by.

Or MI5/Special Branch Team busts a group of terror suspects covertly in a viLage or town secretly and accidentally kills passer by / innocent civilians during the raid or operation.

Who gets in the neck then, if your get my drift and would there be any CPS involved??

cheers
I'm sorry, am I missing something? What's this got to do with the application of the Vienna Convention on Diplomatic Relations?

In the situation you describe, a police investigation would be conducted into the circumstances of the killing and the results passed to the Crown Prosecution Serivice, who will decide if charges are brought against known individuals. No different really from a member of the public killed in a police car pursuit.

Hi mate I am trying to make a comparison with Mrs S occupation and mission at the base, that’s all.

Sorry if I Am not coming across clearly.

cheers
In the situation you describe, the operators are unlikely to be accredited to the Receiving State and thus not afforded diplomatic privileges, such as immunity from detention and prosecution. Perhaps the closest to your scenario was the reaction of both Afghan and Iraqi governments to the egregious behaviour of private military contractors - basically, they removed their licences to operate in-country, knowing that getting most of these cowboys to a local court was a near-impossibility.

Moreover, their deliberate actions would be incompatible with their status and would be PNGd. Along with the of that country's mission. Think what happened to Russian Embassies after the Salisbury attack. Hundreds of Russian intelligences officers worldwide were PNGd.

Last edited:
Yep. When you have US Marines trying to spot-check your kit, you know you aren't thought of much.
I do some work with marine Corps aviation especially from the flight test community (grads or instructors at Pax River). They seem to speak Highly of and trust the Fleet Air Arm Junglie community even complimentary about teeny weeny airways. They are always happy to work with us I always hear.

Likewise the Senior Pilots or instructors of Junglie squadrons speak highly of the Marine Corps Aviation.

Also worth a read is Major Mark Hammond DFC book Immediate Response. Mind you he has an American wife as he met her when in exchange to one of the HMlLA squadrons at Camp Pendleton flying the then Bell AH-1W SuperCobra.

Post his adventures in He,and he even went on exchange to fly Apaches here and think he’s transferred his commission to RAF.

C09F6D92-46B9-455A-B3E3-87AF4D02B8CC.jpeg

Also referring to the CVF thread, and the Wake Island Avengers F-35B deployment on QE carrier has anyone heard any rumbles, discontent beteeen them and us all huddled together on the ship last year??

cheers

Last edited:

Latest Threads