Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Harry Dunn killed by US diplomat's wife

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
I sometimes wish more exchanges on this site ended like this.
I'd prefer the correspondents spilt each others blood and bone.

Or at least exchanged bodily fluids.

And Raaaaaaaaaaad the Ambulance chaser rages on in the face of the reality that always was

It's claim made by her defence lawyer who as I read elsewhere said he was unable to substantiate the claim. Given how Sacoolas, her supporters, backers and powers that be have behaved ever since her runner there is no reason to believe the claim until something proves it.

I would not be surprised if this was another ruse to wriggle out of a civil and/or criminal case, and we (UK powers that be) are in no position to challenges whatever bollocks the US comes up with.

Last edited:
It's claim made by her defence lawyer who as I read elsewhere said he was unable to substantiate the claim. Given how Sacoolas, her supporters, backers and powers that be have behaved ever since her runner there is no reason to believe the claim until something proves it.

I would not be surprised if this was another ruse to wriggle out of a civil and/or criminal case, and we (UK powers that be) are in no position to challenges whatever bollocks the US comes up with.

went back to USA, was given an award by POTUS for her recent activities, and promoted to a senior post at Langley.

All Raaaaaaaad has to do is read the local Beltway papers.

And avoid be alone in dark and isolated places for the foreseeable future...

...avoid not being alone...

went back to USA, was given an award by POTUS for her recent activities, and promoted to a senior post at Langley.

All Raaaaaaaad has to do is read the local Beltway papers.

Not only did the get out of jail shenanigans start immediately (I bet as soon as the crash and death became known by the US powers that be they knew exactly what they were going to do) then she got promoted ASAP to go with it. This has been lies and obfuscation from the start, without the crash I wonder if she would still have been in the UK now just working as normal.

It's unprincipled people that have got us here from Sacoolas up on both sides of the pond. August and admirable leadership my a***.

One comment I read from her legal team was that this was a tragic accident and not a crime. I wondered if in the US such an event would be considered a potential criminal act and if so was he lying then? I don't suppose they care, they are bullet proof for any legal action here and don't care about anyone else anyway.

The Dunn Family's claim is based on their belief that she was an officer with A&T accreditation at the time, that is, she was working at RAF Croughton. When the 'Defence Communications Staffs' moved to Croughton in the mid 1990s, the FCO was concerned about incidents such as this happening, being so far out of London. The FCO got the USG to agree to 'pre-waive' immunity for staff working there with 'Administrative and Technical' accreditation so that they could be subject to 'municipal law' ie the domestic law of the Receiving state, to wit, the UK. Thus, in the High Court findings published before Christmas, it was pointed out that if Mr Sacoolas had been the driver in the accident, his right to immunity from prosecution had already been waived (and would have had his day in court), but this waiver did not apply to dependents.

However, Mrs Sacoolas was never accredited to the US Embassy Annex (ie never declared to the FCO as staff), she was not meant to be working at Croughton, and there is no evidence presented to the High Court that she did. And Harry's family will struggle to find evidence (that is admissible) that she was.

Of, and for @Steamboat, Ms Sacoolas was apparently concerned about her safety and the fairness of the legal system in the UK. If she had STFU and the Ambassador and US Department of State had accepted this was nothing more than a dreadfully sad accident, the case would have been heard in Northampton, and in all probability a large fine would have been rendered and she would have left the country, as it was unlikely to have been in the public interest for her to have been imprisoned. No more of her, and this sad case, would have been heard. Instead, the clumsy and egregious approach by USG has exposed the base and its staff - and the ambiguous relationship to the UK - to unwelcome limelight.

Last edited:
"Working in US intelligence" my arrse. In the same way that working in the post room at Hereford doesn't make you special forces, the fact that this bint may have had some tenuous link with their J2 folks is a scandalous cop-out. If she was a genuine spook, she'd hardly be co-located with her husband at Croughton. Typical yank double standards.

One comment I read from her legal team was that this was a tragic accident and not a crime. I wondered if in the US such an event would be considered a potential criminal act and if so was he lying then? I don't suppose they care, they are bullet proof for any legal action here and don't care about anyone else anyway.
Great piece of deflection by her legal team.
If it’s OK because she didn’t mean to kill Harry then she (and the US worries about their special snowflake ending up in a British prison) have got nothing to fear so she can pop over, turn up in court and say I didn’t intend to kill anyone

All sorted

If she had STFU and the Ambassador and US Department of State had accepted this was nothing more than a dreadfully sad accident, the case would have been heard in Northampton, and in all probability a large fine would have been rendered and she would have left the country,
IMHO, that is indeed the fundamental truth beneath this whole dismal story.

Seems Pakistan got a better result for their dead relatives than the UK has here....

The difference is that the Pakistani authorities had him in detention...

Yep. Secure scenes, witnesses and suspects.

Nice of the US to cast such shade on the UK Criminal Justice system.

Oh well. Best we know our place.

Remind me to be outraged next time the US gobs off at Russia refusing to extradite a national.

"Working in US intelligence" my arrse. In the same way that working in the post room at Hereford doesn't make you special forces, the fact that this bint may have had some tenuous link with their J2 folks is a scandalous cop-out. If she was a genuine spook, she'd hardly be co-located with her husband at Croughton. Typical yank double standards.
In terms of diplomatic privilege, there are no differences.

it was rather obvious from the start she was the dog and the hubby was the tail who wasn't wagging his Station Chief. And Raad and Team Dunn were barking up the wrong tree.
Senior NSA spooks don’t do guest appearances in the local magistrates.

NSA core values from their website
Love the last one, what a joke.

Core Values​

• Commitment to Service - Knowing that the country, our friends and allies are relying on us, we are dedicated to fulfilling our commitment to serve and to excellence in the pursuit of our critical mission.
  • Respect for the Law - Everything we undertake in our missions is grounded in our adherence to the U.S. Constitution and compliance with the U.S. laws, regulations and policies that govern our activities.
  • Integrity - We are committed to communicating honestly and directly, acting ethically and fairly and carrying out our mission efficiently and effectively.
  • Transparency - We are committed to fostering public understanding of NSA's mission and to providing complete transparency to those who authorize and oversee NSA's work on behalf of the American people.
  • Respect for People - We are committed to ensuring that all NSA personnel are respected, included and valued for their diverse backgrounds, experiences, skills and contributions to our mission and culture.
  • Accountability - We are accountable for our actions and take responsibility for our decisions, practicing wise stewardship of public resources and placing prudent judgment over expediency.

Latest Threads