Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Harry Dunn killed by US diplomat's wife

Turing right onto an empty road, even easier in the dark, oh, what’s that, it was 8.30pm, not high noon as many seem to imagine.
You know that it's still broad daylight at 8:30 pm in August?

he’s not the first biker to loose an argument with a car, the way people are carrying on, you’d think this was unique and the greatest tragedy on the roads in recorded history, not just one of 319 biker fatalities in 2019.
Sorry mate but you're way off base here . Playing the pragmatist is all well and good but i daresay had it been your offspring then you'd be in the shed sharpening the pitch fork like any parent would .

Your unit of measure is what - years of age or MPH?

I ask because my PIL is an octogenarian and we've only recently got him to understand that he needs to give up on the driving thing.
My Grandad was convinced one day after he turned the gas hob on and couldn't remember how to turn it off. So he drove to the fire station for assistance, parking the car on a convenient round about on the way... right out of the blue he went from normal to 'wtf!'.

Conversations in the home he was sent to were surreal at times. He once told me he had to get the oxygen going to the lads in the mine (his former trade) but the 'oxygen pipe' was the hand rail down the corridor... still we got the oxygen going in the end.

Just imagine if Ann Sacoolas went to court and had the opportunity to defend herself in the circumstances of the accident ?

Things like being experienced in right hand side driving, summer evening, unfortunate chance of Harry Dunn approaching before she corrected to the correct side of the road, etc

Just imagine if Ann Sacoolas went to court and had the opportunity to defend herself in the circumstances of the accident ?

Things like being experienced in right hand side driving, summer evening, unfortunate chance of Harry Dunn approaching before she corrected to the correct side of the road, etc
I'm happy to be guided by others - but from what was discussed at the time, jail was a most unlikely outcome unless aggravating factors emerged during the investigation.

nope, sun set at 8.00pm
Nope. Sunset in London on 27 August 2019 was at 20:29. RAF Croughton is 1° 11' west of London so sunset at the scene would have been 20:33.

"Lighting-up time" (when cars are required to use headlights) is half an hour after sunset.

Now, if you really want to insist on your argument, should she also be charged with driving at night without lights?

I'm happy to be guided by others - but from what was discussed at the time, jail was a most unlikely outcome unless aggravating factors emerged during the investigation.
I asked my daughter (solicitor) about this some time ago. Death by dangerous driving usually results in a custodial sentence. A UK citizen could reasonably expect a minimum of 2 years.

It's not a minor charge.

That's why it wrankles that she's getting off scot free.

I asked my daughter (solicitor) about this some time ago. Death by dangerous driving usually results in a custodial sentence. A UK citizen could reasonably expect a minimum of 2 years.

It's not a minor charge.

That's why it wrankles that she's getting off scot free.
One way the US could have 'managed' this was to waive her immunity from prosecution but not her inviobility - ie she could not be arrested or detained. Upsetting as it would be for her family, the public interest would not have been served by Ms Sakoolas being imprisoned.

Fire4effect

Old-Salt
Actually, yes it was just a few seconds, and as is very well known, the most dangerous manoeuvre and the cause of most driving on the wrong side accidents right across Europe is.... Turing right onto an empty road, even easier in the dark, oh, what’s that, it was 8.30pm, not high noon as many seem to imagine.

and the ‘death by dangerous driving’ charge was politically motivated BS by Northamptonshire plod under pressure from tbe Dunne clan.
the sentencing guidelines clearly state, no agravating circumstances = death by careless driving, a a minor charge - fine and points.

I’m intrigued by what it is you’ve had sight of that indicates the standard of the evidence across the whole of this case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m intrigued by what it is you’ve had sight of that indicates the standard of the evidence across the whole of this case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Secret text, imprinted upon the interior of his tinfoil headwear, I strongly suspect.

He can't possibly have an 'in' to the decision making processes around major defence spending decisions, AND those around the departure of this US bint, AND those going on within a small, single county police force.

Now... she has been declared as having diplomatic immunity. we can now use that against her......... basically she is fcked by her own governments previous Supreme court decisions as examples

Worse thing that could happen to her.

Could get on a plane.... declare yourself..... bailed the next day........ get back on a plane.... (Flight risk)?

Last edited:
Now... she has been declared as having diplomatic immunity. we can now use that against her......... basically she is fcked by her own governments previous Supreme court decisions as examples

Worse thing that could happen to her.

Could get on a plane.... declare yourself..... bailed the next day........ get back on a plane.... (Flight risk)?
Mrs Sakoolas had diplomatic privilege when she was accompanying her husband in the UK. Those privileges did not continue after she left the Receiving State (UK).

Mrs Sakoolas had diplomatic privilege when she was accompanying her husband in the UK. Those privileges did not continue after she left the Receiving State (UK).
By previous precedents of the USA Law courts................... bang her onto the next flight to the UK.

...................................................What's good for the goose is good for the gander.......................................................

Latest Threads