Harry Dunn killed by US diplomat's wife

Even though I have a reasonable working knowledge of the VCDR and VCT, I would be more than miffed if one of my kids was topped by an errant diplomat, irrespective of the country. I doubt that I would let the matter drop and say 'oh well, that's the way it is' - mind you I might be tempted to keep quiet if I was offered a FO huge ex gratia payment.

Even though I have a reasonable working knowledge of the VCDR and VCT, I would be more than miffed if one of my kids was topped by an errant diplomat, irrespective of the country. I doubt that I would let the matter drop and say 'oh well, that's the way it is' - mind you I might be tempted to keep quiet if I was offered a FO huge ex gratia payment.
When the parents went to America, and met the Donald, I believe it was reported that he offered to write (well get one of his flunkies to) a cheque there and then and bring in Sacoolas to talk to the parents.

The parents' lawyer said no, but tbh I feel it should have been accepted. Maybe not there and then but that is likely to be best they could hope for.

Failing that a civil action in the American system seems possible.

Personally I wish people would give over on the whole 'jailing her' thing. She made a mistake, the judge would have realised that and adjusted the sentence accordingly. This whole thing has been blown way out of proportion by those involved in advising the bereaved and the sh*t driver (apparently it's not the first time she's been had up for driving like a c*nt).

PhotEx

On ROPS
On ROPs
When the parents went to America, and met the Donald, I believe it was reported that he offered to write (well get one of his flunkies to) a cheque there and then and bring in Sacoolas to talk to the parents.

The parents' lawyer said no, but tbh I feel it should have been accepted. Maybe not there and then but that is likely to be best they could hope for.

Failing that a civil action in the American system seems possible.

Personally I wish people would give over on the whole 'jailing her' thing. She made a mistake, the judge would have realised that and adjusted the sentence accordingly. This whole thing has been blown way out of proportion by those involved in advising the bereaved and the sh*t driver (apparently it's not the first time she's been had up for driving like a c*nt).

Raaaaaaaaad is a typical American ambulance chasing lawyer.
of course he will have ‘advised’ the family to turn down a US .Gov check, if they took it, he won’t get his 35% cut like he will from a civil action. Its SOP when US officials are involved in accidents, ooops, here’s a cheque.

and ‘driving like a c*nt? really? There’s CCTV of her right up to just before the point if the accident, perfectky Good driving, no aggressive accelerating, within the speed limit, just a moments in attention and on the wrong side.

The Dunne’s , well not Mr Dunne, who seems like an embarrassed passenger aboard his clearly obsessed (she seems to have a photograph of literally every second of Harry’s life) wife’s outrage bus, have done zero help by ramping up into maximum screeching witch hunt mode from day one, and turning a tragic accudebt into a hysterical anti American witch hunt, complete with torches and pitchforks Straight out of the gate,

and ‘driving like a c*nt? really? There’s CCTV of her right up to just before the point if the accident, perfectky Good driving, no aggressive accelerating, within the speed limit, just a moments in attention and on the wrong side.
Everyone can drive perfectly if you just limit the distance to just before the bad driving before an accident. And yes, I know what it's like to drive on the opposite side of the road, I was in Germany for a number of years and have driven all over the world. Not even a speeding or parking ticket (touch wood). It was drilled into me when I was a little lad that I was driving a 'potential weapon' that could kill if not handled correctly.

It comes after The Sun Online revealed that Mrs Sacoolas and her husband – believed to be a US spy – have racked up a string of driving convictions in the States before moving to the UK.

She was even once convicted of running through a level crossing, while her husband was rapped for speeding and ignoring traffic signs.

I'm content that she was probably tired and not thinking correctly when driving (three weeks after arriving in UK from Virginia (I assume) so not only different road rules but also a a five hour time difference. There was no malice but I can't help thinking the whole thing has been handled very, very badly by the various flunkies on both sides of the pond.

And I can't fault Harry's mum. I'd be f*cking raging if that was my kid. I'd imagine Anne Sacoolas (the american driver) would feel the same way if it were one of her kids on the bike instead.

Everyone can drive perfectly if you just limit the distance to just before the bad driving before an accident. And yes, I know what it's like to drive on the opposite side of the road, I was in Germany for a number of years and have driven all over the world. Not even a speeding or parking ticket (touch wood). It was drilled into me when I was a little lad that I was driving a 'potential weapon' that could kill if not handled correctly.

I'm content that she was probably tired and not thinking correctly when driving (three weeks after arriving in UK from Virginia (I assume) so not only different road rules but also a a five hour time difference. There was no malice but I can't help thinking the whole thing has been handled very, very badly by the various flunkies on both sides of the pond.

And I can't fault Harry's mum. I'd be f*cking raging if that was my kid. I'd imagine Anne Sacoolas (the american driver) would feel the same way if it were one of her kids on the bike instead.
Have you read the findings of the High Court? I suggest that you do. There was absolutely no criticism of either the Northampton Police or the Foreign and Commonwealth Office and the claims from the family were 'without merit'. As others have said, the authority to waive her immunity and inviobility rested solely with the US Government.

just a moments in attention
20 seconds. Close your eyes and sing "Happy Birthday" two and a half times. You'll realise that it wasn't a "moment".

She's being accused of death by dangerous driving. A "moment" would have brought the lesser charge of death by careless driving.

That's aside from the number of indicators that she passed that provided a clue that she was on the wrong side of the road.

Have you read the findings of the High Court? I suggest that you do. There was absolutely no criticism of either the Northampton Police or the Foreign and Commonwealth Office and the claims from the family were 'without merit'. As others have said, the authority to waive her immunity and inviobility rested solely with the US Government.
I'm sure there wasn't.

The fact remains that through one individuals actions a great deal of hurt was inflicted upon other individuals.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Nobody denies that and the US could ha e resolved this at the time; instead a lot of the activity that is undertaken at RAF Croughton is now in open source.
Quite agree.

That it was a slam dunk case for culpability and thus she was leaving UK should have triggered a series of events.

Possibly including a personal visit by the base commander with a big f*CK off bouquet and cheque for the funeral.

PhotEx

On ROPS
On ROPs
20 seconds. Close your eyes and sing "Happy Birthday" two and a half times. You'll realise that it wasn't a "moment".

She's being accused of death by dangerous driving. A "moment" would have brought the lesser charge of death by careless driving.

That's aside from the number of indicators that she passed that provided a clue that she was on the wrong side of the road.

Actually, yes it was just a few seconds, and as is very well known, the most dangerous manoeuvre and the cause of most driving on the wrong side accidents right across Europe is.... Turing right onto an empty road, even easier in the dark, oh, what’s that, it was 8.30pm, not high noon as many seem to imagine.

and the ‘death by dangerous driving’ charge was politically motivated BS by Northamptonshire plod under pressure from tbe Dunne clan.
the sentencing guidelines clearly state, no agravating circumstances = death by careless driving, a a minor charge - fine and points.

PhotEx

On ROPS
On ROPs
I'm sure there wasn't.

The fact remains that through one individuals actions a great deal of hurt was inflicted upon other individuals.

he’s not the first biker to loose an argument with a car, the way people are carrying on, you’d think this was unique and the greatest tragedy on the roads in recorded history, not just one of 319 biker fatalities in 2019.

Actually, yes it was just a few seconds, and as is very well known, the most dangerous manoeuvre and the cause of most driving on the wrong side accidents right across Europe is.... Turing right onto an empty road, even easier in the dark, oh, what’s that, it was 8.30pm, not high noon as many seem to imagine.

and the ‘death by dangerous driving’ charge was politically motivated BS by Northamptonshire plod under pressure from tbe Dunne clan.
the sentencing guidelines clearly state, no agravating circumstances = death by careless driving, a a minor charge - fine and points.
Wrong - Turning right is very safe across Europe, turning left across Europe is risky and turning right in the UK is risky but turning left in the UK is safer

Death by dangerous driving is not a political charge, Ann Sacoolas caused Harry Dunn’s death by driving on the wrong side of the road. If she had remained to see court then she would have been able to defend herself against the charge, may have had it reduced and would have walked out of court with a fine having

When driving at night there is a new invention called lights that help people see things like road markings, signs and other road users

You still have not come up with anything where his mother has called for public execution

Last edited:

DarkBrig

War Hero
You drive a car at thirty at eighty you aim it