Harry Dunn killed by US diplomat's wife

brightonhippy

Old-Salt
US diplomat's wife leaves UK after becoming suspect in fatal road crash | UK news | The Guardian
The wife of a US diplomat has left the UK after becoming a suspect in an investigation into the death of a motorcyclist involved in a fatal road collision, police said.
Harry Dunn, 19, died after his motorbike and a car collided near RAF Croughton in Northamptonshire on 27 August.
Northamptonshire police said a 42-year-old American woman who was being treated as a suspect in their investigation had left the UK.
The foreign secretary, Dominic Raab, said he had called the US ambassador to “express the UK’s disappointment that she had left the country.

compare and contrast this case Gueorgui Makharadze - Wikipedia georgian diplomat killed a young girl immunity was wavied and he was jailed

Robme

LE
I heard this on the news today, it’s a bloody disgrace if she is using diplomatic impunity to evade the law. The U.K. should demand that she is returned to the U.K. so that the Police/CPS can finish their investigations. And if they don’t, tell the Yanks that we won’t be sending anymore U.K. citizens to the US no mater what they are alleged to have done. My understanding of the mater is that she is not the Diplomat, but spouse of.

Thanks to Blair US plod is well within their rights to come over here and arrest someone, so if we refused to send UK citizens over they have their own recourse

Must admit first time I drove into RAF Croughton I was shocked to see a USAAF person , in the UK standing guard with some type of M16 . Mind , the RAF station was very well maintained . The base was well looked after , could imagine Spitfires parked up waiting for a scramble.

Thanks to Blair US plod is well within their rights to come over here and arrest someone, so if we refused to send UK citizens over they have their own recourse
I thought they had to apply for an extradition to put a British citizen before their courts?

Must admit first time I drove into RAF Croughton I was shocked to see a USAAF person , in the UK standing guard with some type of M16 . Mind , the RAF station was very well maintained . The base was well looked after , could imagine Spitfires parked up waiting for a scramble.
USAAF?

I certainly hope this person is returned to the UK forthwith.

I heard this on the news today, it’s a bloody disgrace if she is using diplomatic impunity to evade the law. The U.K. should demand that she is returned to the U.K. so that the Police/CPS can finish their investigations. And if they don’t, tell the Yanks that we won’t be sending anymore U.K. citizens to the US no mater what they are alleged to have done. My understanding of the mater is that she is not the Diplomat, but spouse of.
That's a new one on me

US diplomat's wife leaves UK after becoming suspect in fatal road crash | UK news | The Guardian
The wife of a US diplomat has left the UK after becoming a suspect in an investigation into the death of a motorcyclist involved in a fatal road collision, police said.
Harry Dunn, 19, died after his motorbike and a car collided near RAF Croughton in Northamptonshire on 27 August.
Northamptonshire police said a 42-year-old American woman who was being treated as a suspect in their investigation had left the UK.
The foreign secretary, Dominic Raab, said he had called the US ambassador to “express the UK’s disappointment that she had left the country.

compare and contrast this case Gueorgui Makharadze - Wikipedia georgian diplomat killed a young girl immunity was wavied and he was jailed
Ref your title, you missed out "Alleged" or suspect in.

Mind you with your previous on anything US I suspect it was intended.

I do hope the US send he back should the UK police & CPS decide she has questions to answer in court.

Well she must be frightened of something if she has done a runner. About time we got hard with these spouses of diplomats if they do not have diplomatic immunity and even then one surely could count on a diplomat to co-operate. If she doesn't return, withdraw all UK/US co-operation. Bet her old man is a bit miffed now his career is buggered. Next job somewhere south of the Sahara. :cool:

Ref your title, you missed out "Alleged" or suspect in.

Mind you with your previous on anything US I suspect it was intended.

I do hope the US send he back should the UK police & CPS decide she has questions to answer in court.
Excellent points.

I also would note and hope the US will be guided by the UK's action in a similar (that is, the spouse of a "diplomat" invoking diplomatic immunity) case less than a year ago where the UK waived the immunity to allow the US to arrest the alleged abuser.

Course it won't happen. This would be a case of US can chuck big rocks but when someone chucks back they get all "Harrumphey" and rattle their Washington Posts. :cool:
And you know this how may I ask? Is it not a bit premature to make such a flat statement?

They've always had the right to use lethal force on their bases in the UK. It's why our guys were stagging on during Greenham Common.

And you know this how may I ask? Is it not a bit premature to make such a flat statement?
I don't, yes it is and how coincidental that she departs in the middle of a police investigation and the US diplo service refusing to identify her, simply that the family have returned to the US. Now do let me rattle my Daily Star and "Harrumph" as is my right. :cool:

Excellent points.

I also would note and hope the US will be guided by the UK's action in a similar (that is, the spouse of a "diplomat" invoking diplomatic immunity) case less than a year ago where the UK waived the immunity to allow the US to arrest the alleged abuser.

New York Post? It must be true

Chaps,
We have read numerous times in the past of Arabian wives being either let off or whipped out the UK for, allegedly, their "sport" of mega-buck Oxford St pilferrings etx...using Diplomatic "Impunity".
Is this US female's immunity not covered by her husband just the same?

Latest Threads