Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Black Maskers

• I Don't Have a Clue What You Are Talking About

• Black Nasty

• Total voters
I keep seeing references to black maskers but I always thought it was harry black. Has Harry Black changed his name by deed poll?

Its Harry Black, I have even trained the purchasing staff where I work to call it so. They used to call it electrical insulation tape ffs.

Standby, gonna change the poll

Edited to add, you cant change a poll once submitted, bugger

Mod edit:yes you can, you have to edit the original post though, i added back nasty option for you . :wink:

If you mean - Tape, Pressure Sensitive, Adhesive, Waterproof, Cloth Backing - Then it should be called JT (Jungle Tape).

Harry Black and Black Maskers are terms spoken by amateur users of said item :D

BLACK NASTY

In the RN I've always known it as HBM, Harry Black Maskers.

It has single handedly managed to keep the fleet afloat for a number of years. Also great for making flight deck footballs.

dingerr said:
If you mean - Tape Pressure Sensitive, Adhesive, Cloth Backing - Then its correct term is, JT (Jungle Tape).
No mate he's on about gaffa tape (Black nasty, Harry black, etc.)

Harry Black, Jungle Tape, Black Maskers and any one of a number of different names.

One of the best is "The Force", because it 'has a light side, a dark side and it holds the universe together'. :D

A good gag to play with harry black is to pull off a long sticky white thread and stick it to the side of someone's car. Looks just like a big fcuk off scratch. Watch victim going mad from the comfort of the office window.

Always called it Black & Nasty. 1001 uses, from mending wagons to Gimp suits :D

Always black nasty to me. I only ever heard Harry Maskers from the Navy.

RumBumandBaccy said:
It has single handedly managed to keep the fleet afloat for a number of years. Also great for making flight deck footballs.
And its kept the RAF in the air since the dawn of time

Oh for me its Black and Nasty

To Chavs its Blk n asty

Legs

ADC
Book Reviewer
It's Black Nasty. However the PC Brigade might get a tad excited, and consider it a racially abusive name....