Harry Black or Black Maskers

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by meridian, May 18, 2008.

1. Harry Black

2. Black Maskers

3. I Don't Have a Clue What You Are Talking About

4. Black Nasty

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. meridian

meridian LE Good Egg (charities)

I keep seeing references to black maskers but I always thought it was harry black. Has Harry Black changed his name by deed poll?
  2. Its Harry Black, I have even trained the purchasing staff where I work to call it so. They used to call it electrical insulation tape ffs.
  3. Also goes by the alias of Harry Maskers or Black Nasty.
  4. meridian

meridian LE Good Egg (charities)

Standby, gonna change the poll

Edited to add, you cant change a poll once submitted, bugger

Mod edit:yes you can, you have to edit the original post though, i added back nasty option for you . :wink:
  5. blue-sophist

blue-sophist LE Good Egg (charities)

It's Bodge Tape, innit?
  6. If you mean - Tape, Pressure Sensitive, Adhesive, Waterproof, Cloth Backing - Then it should be called JT (Jungle Tape).

Harry Black and Black Maskers are terms spoken by amateur users of said item :D
  8. In the RN I've always known it as HBM, Harry Black Maskers.

It has single handedly managed to keep the fleet afloat for a number of years. Also great for making flight deck footballs.
  9. No mate he's on about gaffa tape (Black nasty, Harry black, etc.)
  10. Harry Black, Jungle Tape, Black Maskers and any one of a number of different names.

One of the best is "The Force", because it 'has a light side, a dark side and it holds the universe together'. :D
  11. A good gag to play with harry black is to pull off a long sticky white thread and stick it to the side of someone's car. Looks just like a big fcuk off scratch. Watch victim going mad from the comfort of the office window.
  12. Always called it Black & Nasty. 1001 uses, from mending wagons to Gimp suits :D
  13. Black Nasty. As opposed to Green Friendly.

14. Did you have to mention gimp suits :? MDN will be here soon :wink:
  15. Ah you mean Tape, Face Obscuring, Trooper, SAS.