Harry and William's wedding coats.

Caecilius

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Frock coat. Seldom worn, apart from by the Orderly Officer to carry out the 4 O’clock inspection of short guards at Horse Guards. A short guard is when the Queen is not in residence at Buckingham Palace. It is commanded by a CoH, so no officer, WO or trumpeter. The orderly officer rides to Horse Guards to inspect a short guard at 4pm wearing a frock coat. A strange choice of uniform to get married in.
It's also the appropriate form of dress at formal events with the Royal Family if entitled to wear one. The military members of the royal household wear frock coats fairly often, so I suspect Harry was just going along with that.

My nan would be horrified at the thought of being even slightly offensive to anyone, so she refers to anyone of colour as "Darkies".

The racist pig.
recently the FIL has become such as massive anti-Semite that I've paid for him to join the Labour party. After his strokes (the blood clot in the brain kind, not the gentle running your hand over something variety) he became much worse, again he defends such things by pointing out that he is friends with several "Old Jew boys'.

I have been banned from playing the clip of south park at him
"Eric, did you just say the F-word?"
"Jew? "
etc

Depends on where you live. In parts of East Africa you can't buy it for love nor money. This part of the world just put out a suitable container.
but for only £3 a month apparently we can provide unlimited, fresh drinking water to a village that is currently miles from water (and that's currently full of animal poo)

I was at the inlaws and my FIL decided to record the whole sodding thing, he kept flicking back and forth between that and whatever other shite he was watching and deciding that someone was 'obviously an american' becuase of his trousers.
I didn't know @jarrod248 had even met my FIL let alone 'turned him' to the rainbow side.
Mind you the FIL spent 5 mintues explaining why he wasn't a racist 'but all them blacks sound the same to me and I can't understand what they are saying'.
Do you mean the fellow with one of the Williams sisters who could’ve borrowed a good two or three inches of trouser cloth from bloke who was following him in?

Bloody colonials...

Do you mean the fellow with one of the Williams sisters who could’ve borrowed a good two or three inches of trouser cloth from bloke who was following him in?

Bloody colonials...
I think that was the one, or maybe it was the chap with metal legs. I wasn't paying much attention as my son and I were playing with minecraft lego and his new drone.

Thread diversion.

Watching an Afghan documentary on You Tube yesterday, The Army Sgt Major was referred to as Glenn Snazle in it, when he was a WO2 I believe.

Did he change his name for any known reason?

A more pertinent (though still utterly boring) question would be: Why haven't frock coats (of all kinds) been abolished? (What's wrong with FD or No.1s?)

Guaranteed the frock coat will be the fashion statement of 2018, and knock-offs, 'homage' items etc will be out on the racks on Kings Road by lunchtime today
That's a bit worrying - didn't Dianne Abbott wear something akin to a frock coat/Sgt Pepper styles on last week's Question Time.
Cultural appropriation that's what it is.