Harry and Megan: How long will it last?

How long

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dwarf

LE
Book Reviewer
What rejection(s)? From what's been said, people were bending over backwards to accommodate an absolute prima donna. The rejections are all in her head.
Sure there was a lot of accomodation, and if she had made a serious effort to buckle down and admit to failures and bad behaviour she might have made a go of it. PWH* didn't help though, and from what I've read on here and other places by taking her side against staff and being quite nasty on occasion he was turning his back on everything his family and the Army taught him about working with people. Instead he should have been teaching his new wife all about life and responsibilities in the RF rather than abdicating the responsibility with what Meghan wants Meghan gets.

But herein the problem. I think the word rejection was the wrong one to use
though I get VH's point. Personally I think the word excuse would be better.
Once the shine was beginning to wear off and there were some whispers in the press she started looking for reasons to get back to California and the life she wanted. It wouldn't be that difficult to engender in that fairly unused brain of his, whispers that set out her truth. PWH wanted to protect his wife from what had happened to his mum and I'm sure she knew that, so he would be inclined not to think things through but to react and take her side.
So she could easily put a slant on things said or done, some women do this all the time, (my brother's first wife being a classic).
"She said that, what do you think she meant?" about a totally innocent remark. "We were put aside/ put in a secondary position today" when they were at a table or on the balcony. "That newspaper was horrid to us, maybe it was leaked" about a mildly negative or questioning piece.
Easy I think to get PWH thinking negatively and start looking for the bad in everyone rather than trying to mend things. Once he sees negative images he has gone over to the dark side and it would be easy to get him thinking about the way out he had always wanted, especially if he is the white knight protecting his family.
The rejection wasn't in her head so much as planted in his and nurtured by her.

*Pussywhippedharry

Being a "guest editor" is not the same thing as being an actual editor. It just basically amounts to renting your name to a publication for promotional purposes. The actual editing still gets done by people who actually know how to edit for the press.
Yep.
You MIGHT be asked to select a photo from a set of photos all as good as each other.
Ditto a headline.

I was being facetious, having had to work with difficult ‘geniuses’.

Dunning-Kruger to the fore. The less able they are, the more able they think they are.

MM to a tee, in fact.
Yip.
Most of the chaps we worked with recognised their inadequacies, asked a lot of 'why do you do it this way?' questions, and were happy to learn.
In fact one world famous chap wrote us a very nice letter - yep, WROTE by hand! - thanking us for the opportunity, and saying how much he appreciated what we did, and he'd have a totally different view of the media from now on.
However, we did have to deal with some right tossers...

Oh, it’s a health thread. I’d assumed he was talking about certain ARRSErs.

My eye was doubtless drawn while having a FFS moment over those wastrels. Their antics are so repetitive that side bar clickbait has become strangely appealing

Back to the Monstrous Montecitos. I found that bit from Valentine Low quite interesting and a point he made resonated.
He said that Megs was looking for rejection so she could say that they should relocate to the USA.
It's something mentioned on here before, and which I have thought, that her plan always involved living at least a large chunk of the year in California. This so she could return in triumph and be a queen bee there showing the people that didn't rate her before how important she was and how they should be her friends or followers.
How much she actively contrived this rejection or how much she used her bad press and behaviour resulting from a total lack of real understanding of her position is moot.
I think at the beginning the plan was for the future, but as her dismay at finding out she wasn't doing it right, that actual work was involved, and she wasn't ever going to outshine Kate accelerated the move.
However the rubbing people's noses in it and being regal isn't actually working out is it?
A song from the film Sweet Charity comes to mind:
'If they could see me now, that little gang of mine, eating fancy chow and drinking fancy wine...'

Yip.
Most of the chaps we worked with recognised their inadequacies, asked a lot of 'why do you do it this way?' questions, and were happy to learn.
In fact one world famous chap wrote us a very nice letter - yep, WROTE by hand! - thanking us for the opportunity, and saying how much he appreciated what we did, and he'd have a totally different view of the media from now on.
However, we did have to deal with some right tossers...
Sidetracking slightly, many moons ago, I got tickets (through the kind offices of the Nuffield Centre) to be in the audience of one the Fawlty Towers episodes (the one with the Germans). At the end of the evening, John Cleese came forward and thanked us for coming and saying how important it was for the performers to have a live audience so they could judge how well the programme would be received. He didn't have to do it and he went up very highly in my estimation.

Sidetracking slightly, many moons ago, I got tickets (through the kind offices of the Nuffield Centre) to be in the audience of one the Fawlty Towers episodes (the one with the Germans). At the end of the evening, John Cleese came forward and thanked us for coming and saying how important it was for the performers to have a live audience so they could judge how well the programme would be received. He didn't have to do it and he went up very highly in my estimation.
Recognition of us little people goes long way.

Dwarf

LE
Book Reviewer
Na
'If they could see me now, that little gang of mine, eating fancy chow and drinking fancy wine...'
Nailed. That's exactly it. What's the.point of marrying the world's most eligible bachelor if you can't show him off and make everyone jealous and in awe of you?

I've been pondering, as one does, on the glaring differences between a Princess and a 'princess', wondering whether I would ever believe anything the Duchess of Montecito said again. I wouldn't have the same doubts about the veracity of anything said by HRH Anne, Princess Royal. If Anne said a thing was true, I'd be inclined to believe her because I think she would be truthful even if the truth was unflattering to her or her relatives. It wouldn't necessarily be 'her' truth, but I'd trust her to tell the objective truth.

What convinces me that Anne is to be trusted? Her lifelong work ethic, lack of whingeing, blunt approach to sycophants (and, well, everyone, really) and robust sense of humour. She just gets on with the job and lives her life outside Royal duties very privately. She's very hands on with her charity patronages and very well informed about the day to day activities they are involved in. She's extremely well liked by the personnel of those charities as a committed and knowledgeable patron. So far as I know, none of Anne's friends or staff have seen fit to trash talk her, even anonymously.

While Anne would, I'm sure, be the first to admit she has her faults (not being able to control her dogs for one) her other qualities far outweigh them. Meghan could have used Anne as an example of how to be a modern Princess, keeping official and private lives separate by simply not engaging with the nonsense media but allowing access when promoting good causes. It's a shame, although no surprise given what we now know about her, that Meghan couldn't see it.
Anne isn’t shy on bringing the tea and biccies out on a tray to lads on a job at her Gaff either.
( personal experience,)
She has many of the best traits of her mum and dad, Twenty minutes alone with her out of earshot and Megan would never be the same again.!

How soon will we have the opportunity not to watch this latest tv stunt ?

Only asking as I need to plan a work-around for it and the run-up/follow-up media w@nkfests

Aphra

Old-Salt
Meghan could only dream of having a scintilla of the talent of Gwen Verdon, the originator of that role on Broadway. Or even the far less talented although oft reborn Shirley MacLaine.

I still can't help but think that the only logical solution to all this in Meggies eyes is to push and push until the Ginger one finally has enough and leaves her. She can then play the victimhood card to the n'th degree and be free to say whatever she wants about the evil family that ousted her etc etc ad-nauseum.
She will (likely in her daydream musings) be catapulted to mega-stardom and be rolling in the money and fame whilst not having to lift a finger ever again.

My bold don't forget the no doubt extortionate alimony she'd screw out of him under Californian law. $$ has always been behind her obsessive need for attention!

UgLee

Clanker
Just had this appear on my FB feed.
To avoid the requirement to embolden clickbait it's from a book called “Brothers And Wives: Inside The Private Lives of William, Kate, Harry and Meghan” by someone called Christopher Andersen.

The source reported that on Nov. 27, 2017 — the same morning the engagement of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle was officially announced — Prince Charles mused to his wife, Camilla, “I wonder what the children will look like?”

A spokesperson for Prince Charles told The Post: “This is fiction and not worth further comment.” A spokesperson for Harry and Meghan did not respond to requests for comment.

I wish the famous Meghan and whoever her hubby is or was would stop giving these titbits to the gutter press and promoting the papparazzi and their intrusive attacks on people of substance.

My bold don't forget the no doubt extortionate alimony she'd screw out of him under Californian law. $$ has always been behind her obsessive need for attention!
California has some very equitable divorces recently. Some rich women are very upset because they're having to pay their ex husbands alimony.
If he's earning less than her, she'll be the one paying alimony.
They'll keep everything they brought in to the marriage, they'll divide assets obtained during the marriage and split any debt.
Child support will be based on the parenting agreement, if it's 50/50 custody he may not pay anything.

California has some very equitable divorces recently. Some rich women are very upset because they're having to pay their ex husbands alimony.
If he's earning less than her, she'll be the one paying alimony.
They'll keep everything they brought in to the marriage, they'll divide assets obtained during the marriage and split any debt.
Child support will be based on the parenting agreement, if it's 50/50 custody he may not pay anything.
She'll be getting the calculator out and deciding whether to hang on to him tooth and nail or move on to richer pastures

You would have thought that the Royal Family would have learnt a lesson from the last time an American married into the family, especially the Queen?

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
She'll be getting the calculator out and deciding whether to hang on to him tooth and nail or move on to richer pastures

There are no richer pastures - she's knocking on, she's putting on timber and she's receipted and filed as a patron saint of woke mentalism. If you're a rich chap, there are cheaper models with less mileage and a higher performance who are easier on the eye and cheaper to run.

Latest Threads