Harry and Megan: How long will it last?

How long

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DSJ

LE
Where’s the “I’d rather chew my own arm off” button when you need it?! :grin:

1635364575066.png

Look into my eyes... not around the eyes....

Dwarf

LE
Some of me wants to, just to see how awful and mediocre. Most of me already knows.
It might actually be useful. Before watching something like the neighbours holiday snaps a few minutes of the Bench beforehand might make it bearable in comparison.

Dwarf

LE
According to Rumour Control Harry is extremely worried about his Gran's health. Not that it stopped him deciding to issue his book before she carked it, apparently there has been contact via private secretaries to ask just that. Though I imagine his mistress wouldn't even contemplate a postponement, especially as Random House want it now and as scandalous as possible. That it would be potentially detrimental to HMQ's health wouldn't even register on Megraine's radar.
However moments like this will certainly give Harry pause for thought, or what passes for such an exercise in his head.

Personally I had an experience when my dad was dying and I was in the UK, her back home was giving me a hard time and it was having an effect on my daughter so I returned for three days but unfortunately missed my dad's passing which I thought would be a little later. I considered that my partner had caused me to abandon my dad at exactly the wrong moment and it widened a gap between us. That I made poor decisions in timing my trip is something that I have also had to consider and live with.
Not looking for sympathy as it's twenty years now but it does tell me that Harry will be regretting some of his decisions right now and that he will be thinking that the reason for those decisions is Megraine. This could be an important friction point between them, especially if she insists on keeping him firmly under control and stuck on their present course. If she does her best to keep him from making any rapprochement or trying to contact his Gran then this will definitely cause resentment and a cooling of his feelings towards her. Also if Harry feels for any reason that his actions are responsible or in part responsible for his Gran's ill-health or, worse, premature death by aggravating the situation then the guilt will be difficult to shift and he will also blame Megraine for persuading him to follow the path they are on. The more she tries to persuade him otherwise and keep him on her track, the more she will lose him. If he comes back for HMQ's funeral or a serious operation and the family effectively turn the back or are extremely cool or wary of him then he will finally realise the full ramifications of what he has done.
Right now Megraine has to tread a very fine line with Harry, and I can't see her being capable of that with her me first, second and always.
Karma is very subtle at times.

Perhaps the Arrse Book Club should review it, save the rest of arrse from the pain and high blood pressure!

That's a cruel & unusual task for any sensible reviewer to undertake. I can't see many if indeed any bothering!!

According to Rumour Control Harry is extremely worried about his Gran's health. Not that it stopped him deciding to issue his book before she carked it, apparently there has been contact via private secretaries to ask just that. Though I imagine his mistress wouldn't even contemplate a postponement, especially as Random House want it now and as scandalous as possible. That it would be potentially detrimental to HMQ's health wouldn't even register on Megraine's radar.
However moments like this will certainly give Harry pause for thought, or what passes for such an exercise in his head.

Personally I had an experience when my dad was dying and I was in the UK, her back home was giving me a hard time and it was having an effect on my daughter so I returned for three days but unfortunately missed my dad's passing which I thought would be a little later. I considered that my partner had caused me to abandon my dad at exactly the wrong moment and it widened a gap between us. That I made poor decisions in timing my trip is something that I have also had to consider and live with.
Not looking for sympathy as it's twenty years now but it does tell me that Harry will be regretting some of his decisions right now and that he will be thinking that the reason for those decisions is Megraine. This could be an important friction point between them, especially if she insists on keeping him firmly under control and stuck on their present course. If she does her best to keep him from making any rapprochement or trying to contact his Gran then this will definitely cause resentment and a cooling of his feelings towards her. Also if Harry feels for any reason that his actions are responsible or in part responsible for his Gran's ill-health or, worse, premature death by aggravating the situation then the guilt will be difficult to shift and he will also blame Megraine for persuading him to follow the path they are on. The more she tries to persuade him otherwise and keep him on her track, the more she will lose him. If he comes back for HMQ's funeral or a serious operation and the family effectively turn the back or are extremely cool or wary of him then he will finally realise the full ramifications of what he has done.
Right now Megraine has to tread a very fine line with Harry, and I can't see her being capable of that with her me first, second and always.
Karma is very subtle at times.

I truly, truly hope you're right...but unfortunately I fear the muppet is, by dint of being the most serious case of cnut-struck ever known to Man, will continue to be controlled by the weapons-grade narcissist until she gets bored and chins him off for a billionaire.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
I truly, truly hope you're right...but unfortunately I fear the muppet is, by dint of being the most serious case of cnut-struck ever known to Man, will continue to be controlled by the weapons-grade narcissist until she gets bored and chins him off for a billionaire.

Her only choices are to stick with Harry or go large as the gay divorcee. Billionaires are generally brighter than Harry Windsor and have far better options available than to acquire and subsidise a highly volatile and self-absorbed harpy who is shop-soiled, clearly putting on timber and certain to chew their ears off 24/7 with inane wokery and chronic mcgonagallism.

Her only choices are to stick with Harry or go large as the gay divorcee. Billionaires are generally brighter than Harry Windsor and have far better options available than to acquire and subsidise a highly volatile and self-absorbed harpy who is shop-soiled, clearly putting on timber and certain to chew their ears off 24/7 with inane wokery and chronic mcgonagallism.
I found Mcgonagle (?) quite good.
Just sayin'.
(The wonderful, wonderful waters of Leith,
Where the women go down to wash their teeth) It was at least 60 years ago, some things are just memorable!

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
I found Mcgonagle (?) quite good.
Just sayin'.
(The wonderful, wonderful waters of Leith,
Where the women go down to wash their teeth) It was at least 60 years ago, some things are just memorable!

You seem to be talking yourself into a job as Arrse reviewer of 'The Bench'.

You seem to be talking yourself into a job as Arrse reviewer of 'The Bench'.
Oh.
Sorry. I'm not very well.
I've got to go away.
A long way away!!

I'd love to, but..

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
What about giving the book as a prize to the SPOTY?

As a further refinement to your excellent idea, how about wiring their account to the audio book so they have to listen to the entire thing before they can post?

Dwarf

LE
As a further refinement to your excellent idea, how about wiring their account to the audio book so they have to listen to the entire thing before they can post?
OOOOH. Now that is pure evil. - Doffs hat.

Dwarf

LE
While I agree that the muppet is indeed in a web that he will find difficult to break out of, I think that little by little he will get distanced from her by her actions and attitudes and the way she makes him go against his judgement from time to time and separates him from his family which will bite deeper the longer it goes on. But it could take time, especially if his kids anchor him in place.
But will she let him go unless she has a prestige position, not just money? I doubt it. We see that with the NY visit, the limos, the ersatz royal tour, the clothes because people expect her to look fabulous, and the "I'm a princess" bit. That's what she wants, the glamour and people fawning over her because she is important. If she gives up Harry then she gives up all of that, so she won't until she has a position that gives her that, mere billions won't cut it, unless he promises to use them to buy her what she wants. But as @FORMER_FYRDMAN says, most billionaires are smarter than to take her on board.

Latest Threads