How long

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Grownup_Rafbrat

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Anyone else see the news about the Japanese Princess leaving the Royal Family because she has married a commoner? She's moving to the USA too.

It will be interesting to see whether she tries to set up an alternative court...

Listening to that parent's video with all the bitches, Megraine is alienating what would be a natural democrat voting pool, the less well-off and generally ethnic* voters. Swanning in in designer kit, filming without permission, handing out rotten veg, reading from a duff book for which you then ask a contribution to your bank-balance charity, and telling kids she is a princess is a really effective way to create empathy with your potential supporters.
Way to go Megsie.

*Can I still say ethnic?
She must have been on another universe when empathy, truth and sensitivity were handed out.

*I don't know, I won't tell anyone if you don't

Dwarf

LE
Book Reviewer
Anyone else see the news about the Japanese Princess leaving the Royal Family because she has married a commoner? She's moving to the USA too.

It will be interesting to see whether she tries to set up an alternative court...
At least they are more inclined to follow through to the logical conclusion of their failures.
1635335266937.jpeg

Anyone know if H likes sushi?

I think the Japanese royal renounced money owed to her for leaving the family/becoming a commoner. She seems unlikely to lay on that she is an ex Princess but it will help her in an understated way in the social stakes.

Is it possible she really did marry for love. I mean the Japanese one,of course?

I think the Japanese royal renounced money owed to her for leaving the family/becoming a commoner. She seems unlikely to lay on that she is an ex Princess but it will help her in an understated way in the social stakes.

Is it possible she really did marry for love. I mean the Japanese one,of course?

If she converts to Judaism, she could be a Jap JAP

This one I found interesting, it's all about the school visit in NY when apparently parents were given envelopes asking for contributions to Archwell Charity. If true that is sinking low, despite the fact that it wouldn't even cover the cost of her knickers.
Parents were not asked if kids could be filmed which in this day and age is potentially litigious. But for me the biggest one is that Megraine told the kids she was a princess. Apart from the dubious veracity, it shows for me what she really wants 'her truth' to be, she still wants to be that royal personage that everyone gushes about, the Cinderella fantasy. That's why the limos and the ersatz royal tour, she can't accept that she blew it all with her interviews. The harder it is to accept one's mistakes and let go of things, the harder it will be when forced to.

Herewith some of the comments: (She isn't helping her popularity if she wants to go into politics.)

One of the mothers has talked about the incident she said it wasn’t at their visit that money was requested ,it was a note that went out to parents requesting that they donate $5 to Archwell foundation .She also said parents were not asked if their children could be videotaped or filmed She said the two boxes of verges were past their use by date and tomato’s over ripe .She was a very angry parent and also said Megan told the children she was a princess.. Only one woman’s take on the event but all rings true if you consider the greedy pairs past performances .

The person was a parent. She said Megan told her daughter she was a princess. Also, the school didn't ask for parental permission to meet Harry and Megan. The money was asked for as a donation because her child received one of Megan's books. They tossed the book.

Well Neil, here are some more "hear says" about that visit to that Harlem school. Supposedly one of the children that attends that school and was one of the children during the visit states that the wife told the children she was a "Princess". The parent of this child was upset because as a parent she was not told her child was going to be meeting visitors at the school. Not sure if it's just "sour grapes" from a parent or not. The video post is on YouTube from Sophie Luna titled "parents from Harlem New York thank Harry and his wife for recording our children". The video is quite "entertaining" and shows what some Americans think about this former royal couple!

- I liked it.

You can’t show up at public schools in an outfit that costs more than the schools annual operating budget and expect it to go well. Plus why is she poverty pimping other peoples kids when nobody sees hers? These 2 are so tone deaf. She had to give away all the copies she bought herself

You contacted the school. More than one parent has said that their children were filmed without parental permission and that the school sent letters home requesting a $5 donation. Most were not happy about all that. Further, the so-called donation of vegetables were actually free from an area grocery because the veggies were past prime and unsellable. Maybe the awful Harkles gave the unsellable books to the school but so what? You give those grifters way too much leeway.
Ha! "I'm a princess".... and the lies just keep coming. She's even been lying in the unctuous open letter to Pelosi and Schumer. If you write verifiable untruths to the Speaker of the House of Representatives, isn't that the same as lying to the whole House i.e. the whole United States? The old tug the heartstrings about surviving on $4.99 salad bar lunches when in fact her own (now deleted) Instagram account contained this...

meghan-markle-1002921.jpg

Apparently Musso & Frank's is one of the more expensive Hollywood diners and she'd trough down there with her dad after "every tap and ballet class". For ten years from 5 to 15 years old and while attending two of the most expensive fee paying schools in city. Lies like a rug.

Tom Bower's biography should be a best seller if he gets all this in.

Chef

LE

On the news yesterday, I believe. She renounced her princessship due to marrying a commoner. I wondered if Mrs Sussex would have been as keen on her husband if he really cut all ties with the RF and suggested they move to a job in Africa to get really involved in conservation.

Let alone having a registry office wedding, just a few friends, and a party of twenty at TGIF.

Paper said her husband is a lawyer in New York, so I guess money won't be a problem for them.

The Stumbling block to Princess mako's marriage was financial irregularity - perceived or otherwise by western eyes. The groom's mother was given / borrowed some money from a previous fiance. I believe the groom has sorted this out, Princess Mako - who is very popular (she would have had a change to lower status on any marriage, as that is how it is done there) and refused the money so that her husband could not be accused of marrying for benefit.

However, with pressures of Japanese royal life being what they are for women of the household, finally being able to set up home with a large part fo the expectations removed from her shoulders will be win-win. They were married a the marriage office without any public ceremony and a simple fait accompli announcement to the press.

I wish them luck and a long and happy life together.

bentobox

Old-Salt
The Stumbling block to Princess mako's marriage was financial irregularity - perceived or otherwise by western eyes. The groom's mother was given / borrowed some money from a previous fiance. I believe the groom has sorted this out, Princess Mako - who is very popular (she would have had a change to lower status on any marriage, as that is how it is done there) and refused the money so that her husband could not be accused of marrying for benefit.

However, with pressures of Japanese royal life being what they are for women of the household, finally being able to set up home with a large part fo the expectations removed from her shoulders will be win-win. They were married a the marriage office without any public ceremony and a simple fait accompli announcement to the press.

I wish them luck and a long and happy life together.
But what about the huge celeb wedding, website, books, chat with Oprah........

Grownup_Rafbrat

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
It's the only book pertaining to these two that I'll consider buying.
Perhaps the Arrse Book Club should review it, save the rest of arrse from the pain and high blood pressure!

No need to read it when you can listen to the author reciting it all. Go on I dare you!!

:pukel::pukel::pukel::pukel::pukel::pukel::pukel::pukel::pukel::pukel:
Where’s the “I’d rather chew my own arm off” button when you need it?! :grin:

Aphra

Old-Salt

Well the couple were engaged for eight years and she has given up, forever, her place in the Japanese royal family. Even if the marriage fails (which I hope it won't) she can't return as a princess as she has willingly been stripped of the title. Mako has given up everything for her new husband and suffered the opprobrium of her countrymen for doing so. I think that would qualify as a love match.

Mako's husband left his home and family, moved to probably the most competitive legal job market in the world and, despite the vastly different culture, language and writing, appears to have made a success of his chosen career, having recently won an award for his work.

The media is desperate to portray Mako and Kei Komuro as the new Harry and Meghan but there's really nothing about the Japanese couple that westerners would criticise. They've decided to live privately and work for their living and so far, they seem to be doing everything right. Time will tell but I hope they're happy in their new life.

Grownup_Rafbrat

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Well the couple were engaged for eight years and she has given up, forever, her place in the Japanese royal family. Even if the marriage fails (which I hope it won't) she can't return as a princess as she has willingly been stripped of the title. Mako has given up everything for her new husband and suffered the opprobrium of her countrymen for doing so. I think that would qualify as a love match.

Mako's husband left his home and family, moved to probably the most competitive legal job market in the world and, despite the vastly different culture, language and writing, appears to have made a success of his chosen career, having recently won an award for his work.

The media is desperate to portray Mako and Kei Komuro as the new Harry and Meghan but there's really nothing about the Japanese couple that westerners would criticise. They've decided to live privately and work for their living and so far, they seem to be doing everything right. Time will tell but I hope they're happy in their new life.
Wonder whether Megaine will offer her advice on 'how to succeed in private life', and what the response might be from someone raised in an incredibly polite society?

bentobox

Old-Salt

Did the Brides Father attend the wedding?

Aphra

Old-Salt
Did the Brides Father attend the wedding?
None of her family attended but they said farewell to Mako in public with press present which is, I understand, quite a statement and a departure from standard protocol. She certainly hasn't fallen out with her family and her younger sister, Princess Kako was pictured hugging Mako goodbye, an unprecedented display of affection for any member of the Japanese royal family.

Aphra

Old-Salt
Wonder whether Megaine will offer her advice on 'how to succeed in private life', and what the response might be from someone raised in an incredibly polite society?
Wouldn't it be marvellous to be a fly on the wall for THAT conversation? I imagine it would surpass even 'recollections may vary' as the polite put-down of the decade.

Latest Threads