Harry and Megan: How long will it last?

How long

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Never said I wanted him back. Packed of to Africa to combat poachers maybe.

Oh the irony. I have add-blocker and can't read it. I take it the article is questioning whether Ethic are really what they say they are, or just another investment firm in it for the comission.
According to the MNSBC article they are no different to any other investment firm, they are in it for the money to and heck with the ethical bit, Hairy and Maggot will learn this to their cost in the end, I hope.

Edited for spelling.

Last edited:

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
Impact Partners. I had to look that one up. Apparently the meaning of 'high profile clients who will help us attract more clients' has changed.
Impact partnerships are a specific type of multi-sector partnership, designed to create clear and meaningful impact towards a social or environmental goal. The partnerships set clear outcomes, have a transparent division of labour, they have a mechanism for taking stock, adapting and learning. As an innovation method, the central goal of an impact partnership is to scale current effective activity in a given area through the power of cross-sector collaboration, or to generate new ideas and solutions with measurable impact delivered across sectors.

How do impact partnerships work?​

There is a growing consensus that to tackle the most pressing problems the world is facing, such as inequality and the changing world of work, we need to harness the collective resources, skills and power from multiple sectors. Impact partnerships unlock a significant and untapped pool of resources for social good, by bringing together the commitment, assets and expertise from across different sectors to tackle tough challenges more effectively.
Impact partnerships typically bring together:
  • Large corporates - with huge resources, highly motivated staff and often global reach. Big firms can be well placed to come up with solutions, especially on issues like mental health where there is both a strong motive for them to improve employee engagement and wellbeing and the opportunity that comes from daily interaction.
  • Government - with convening power and authority to incentivise participation with funding, policy and regulation.
  • Civil society - with the expertise and depth of knowledge on entrenched social issues and funding resources to support the partnership.
  • Social innovators and citizens - with ideas, drive and expertise on the issues being addressed.
I have read that a couple of times and for the life of me can't see where they fit in.
Playing polo, driving apaches, social crewing of yachts, low-level acting, snagging princes, and throwing teacups. Doesn't seem to fit.

All that woke-psycho-babble to say celebrities who invest and can attract more clients, and people fall for it.
Heck, I can hardly understand it so maybe that's how it works. "It's woke-speak it must be good".

More publicity for the duo is the bottom line.

Deal clinched for green investment at the suv-using, private jet flying, luxury hotel room trip to NY.
Oh the irony.

Ed for repeated paragraph.

In his mother's case the impact partner was Dodi Fayed.

Dwarf

LE
According to the MNSBC article they are no different to any other investment firm, they are in it for the money to and heck with the ethical bit, Hairy and Maggot will learn this to there cost in the end, I hope.
Learn? No chance. they already know. They want the best return for their dosh and I would be interested to know how ethical/green is their portfolio, because I'm betting very little. It was all about advertising, Ethical get their 'famous' clients and get to attract others. M&H get to say how green and responsible they are while investing in stuff like Exxon. like going home in private jets after telling people how to live responsibly.

Can't open the MSNBC article.

Liked the Vlog article, I took a couple of things from it.
Hot on the heels of the announcement that the Sussex duo will not be attending a party to celebrate the Diana statue on 19 October 2021, came leaks from the New York City ‘tour’ that the duo were asked to leave the UN meeting ahead of schedule due to unauthorised filming, hence the swift and stormy faced exit. Video footage shows a small entourage entering the building, but the crew didn’t film the entrance but can be seen to be filming the hasty exit. Usually, TW would saunter and pose for the cameras, but she seemed eager to get out, and was less than happy as she climbed into her less than eco-friendly car. The visit was for Archewell footage, and it seems that TW didn’t get the content she had planned.

Confirming that the visit was about content to look good in a video and very little about doing something real, if that is now possible with these two.

As the fauxmatarians masquerade as ethical social warriors and activists to save the world from the previous generations, their uninmportant word salad sermons are just noise – the kind that normal and sane people ignore. They are the epitome of what is unethical in society. Until the titles are stripped, and Harry and his issue are removed from the Line of Succession, then the unethical duo will persist in their crusade to milk the titles, while throwing cheap jibes at members of the RF whenever they can. The Monarchy has a responsibilty to represent the nation, but what kind of message are they promoting when they don’t have the guts to stop delinquent spolit brats who have deceived, and harmed the nation?

We understand that the RF is maintaining a dignified silence but the point is being raised that possibly they are doing more harm than good by doing so.
I think we would all like to see them as Mr and Mrs W, but perhaps would not like to see the Queen involved in doing the deed.

Will their antics actually bring them down faster? Megraine doesn't just want to be rich, she also wants to remain famous. They might actually make money enough to live a fabulous lifestyle beyond what most of us will see, but that won't be enough if the cameras stop clicking for her.
Though maybe after NY and the dresses which she wants to be accustomed to Harry may be getting fed up, we can only hope.
Who or what is "TW" please?

Who or what is "TW" please?
Tommy Wobinson?
1634635166442.jpeg

Dwarf

LE
Find a friend, and a cup...

Does she have any friends left?

oooooh you should see the ructions various overseas: I'll lis tthem tomoorrow - too tired now

Oh dear.
a woman who has given up work - ie her Royal duties - is now the expert on maternity leave to look after sprogs.

The Duchess of Sussex has made her most overtly political intervention yet, sending an open letter to two senior US figures on proposed parental and sick leave legislation.

Meghan said she was writing to the Congress members not as an ‘elected official….[nor] a politician’ but as an ‘engaged citizen and a parent….and as a mom’.

The extraordinary 1,030-word letter – given to supportive media to share – asked the Speaker of the US House of Representatives Nancy Pelosi and the Majority Leader in the US Senate Chuck Schumer, both Democrats, to consider her plea ‘on behalf of my family, Archie and Lili and Harry’.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Oh dear.
a woman who has given up work - ie her Royal duties - is now the expert on maternity leave to look after sprogs.

The Duchess of Sussex has made her most overtly political intervention yet, sending an open letter to two senior US figures on proposed parental and sick leave legislation.

Meghan said she was writing to the Congress members not as an ‘elected official….[nor] a politician’ but as an ‘engaged citizen and a parent….and as a mom’.

The extraordinary 1,030-word letter – given to supportive media to share – asked the Speaker of the US House of Representatives Nancy Pelosi and the Majority Leader in the US Senate Chuck Schumer, both Democrats, to consider her plea ‘on behalf of my family, Archie and Lili and Harry’.

I didn't know that she knew 1,030 words.

Oh dear.

By admitting how much her father sacrificed to ensure she was clothed and fed, you'd expect she'd show a little appreciation and gratitude now she's as rich as Croesus.

She says she started work at 13. That's nothing. As a 6 year old, I set up a table in the street outside our house and started selling the contents of my parents house so I could buy a football. I still remember the enlightening conversation with my old man when he got back from work.

Oh dear.

No doubt, filed under B. For bin..

Latest Threads