Harry and Megan: How long will it last?

How long

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Got back last Friday after 3 weeks in France - absolute bliss! No internet and absolutely nothing about this pair on the French news channels - no one in France is interested in them. As a bonus, there was nothing about Wee Jimmy Krankie either - the only reference to her fiefdom was when Lyon beat Rangers.

Megain in a few short years...

sad-pablo-lonely.gifimg

She thinks expensive = class, more expensive = more class.
Just like those who buy status cars or wear big rings or even big yachts. If that was her background, where she was surrounded by show off wealth then perhaps it isn't surprising. If she came across Kate who actually just oozes class naturally, and she didn't understand, then to try to outclass her she just goes more and more designer label which actually makes her look cheap. But she won't see that because of the above formula.
She's also ripped any class that her trophy husband might have had right out of him.

My bold precisely, there was a programme here on one of the ITV channels about "Kate the making of a modern queen" which show how Kate is the perfect choice and just shows how really cheap & nasty the megain creature is!

Like Michael Jackson's trousers, Megain's clothing does not fit her because they are not hers. I doubt she would be allowed to get anything tailored, even if it was needed. She certainly would say that she looks good, as others have said, because the clothing is expensive. Tart.
From what I understand the outfits on loan for promotional purposes are delivered by courier just before the event in question and then picked up again shortly after. There would only be a fitting and alteration if the person showing them off was a valuable enough celeb that the exposure the clothes would get was worth the effort.

For Meghan she probably gave them her measurements and the owners picked out something off the rack that was roughly the right size that they wanted to advertise and had someone deliver it and pick it up after.

Someone mentioned that the clothes looked much too warm for the weather. Well, fashion sellers are going to be showing off the new fall fashions now, not the old stuff from the summer. They are showing off what will be suitable next month, not what was suitable for the day in question. I guess that's the difference between wearing your own clothes and being a mobile shop window manikin.

Dwarf

LE
My bold precisely, there was a programme here on one of the ITV channels about "Kate the making of a modern queen" which show how Kate is the perfect choice and just shows how really cheap & nasty the megain creature is!
It also shows the ideas she had before entering the RF. The NY tour was set up to mirror her ideas of what royalty should be, fawned over, expensive hotels, meeting important* people, wearing expensive kit, big cars, and having to do minimal work and not get your hands dirty. Then back to your life of luxury while the hoi poloi get on with what you told them to do and the entities like pharmatceutical companies rush to put your ideas into practice.
Shouldn't take long for the Spams to rumble her.

*OK, relatively important.

It also shows the ideas she had before entering the RF. The NY tour was set up to mirror her ideas of what royalty should be, fawned over, expensive hotels, meeting important* people, wearing expensive kit, big cars, and having to do minimal work and not get your hands dirty. Then back to your life of luxury while the hoi poloi get on with what you told them to do and the entities like pharmatceutical companies rush to put your ideas into practice.
Shouldn't take long for the Spams to rumble her.

*OK, relatively important.
Is there any report that tells us what it was they said about vaccines without having to actually listen to their speech on video (which I don't have the patience for)?

Dwarf

LE

OZ is now no go for them. How do they manage to alienate one of the most open countries in the world?

Aphra

Old-Salt
Slammed by pharmaceutical companies and agencies as inaccurate - and gruesome (but good if you need to bring up a furball or those magnets you swallowed in desperation to get away from all this twaddle) - global citizen speech to the waiting multitudes
May I take this opportunity to thank you for reading that so I don't have to. Also, you have a marvellous way with words and your furball/magnets comment deserves a funny as well as a like.

Nemesis44UK

LE
Book Reviewer
That dress does her no favours at all as she's starting to chunk out by the looks of it.

Shame, as she has immaculate teeth, dark eyes and a nice wet mouth. If Harry ever wanted rid, she can come and see me. As long as she doesn't speak and is willing to put out, that is.

Aphra

Old-Salt
Further to my earlier comment about my mother, she often made clothes for what used to be called the County set. She also carried out repairs and alterations for that group. Much of the clothing to be repaired or altered was inherited, like dinner suits, morning suits and especially tweed country wear. The real landed gentry would no more dream of buying a tweed coat than they would of buying a tiara. It's simply not done, or wasn't at that time.

I suspect Harry grew up around that mindset, certainly his father, grandparents and Aunt Anne are prime examples of thrift in clothing so I'm guessing Megan's conspicuous consumption (see the engagement dress) was something he hadn't seen much of before they met.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
That dress does her no favours at all as she's starting to chunk out by the looks of it.

Shame, as she has immaculate teeth, dark eyes and a nice wet mouth. If Harry ever wanted rid, she can come and see me. As long as she doesn't speak and is willing to put out, that is.

I agree, she's porking up and getting a serious case of the dumpy.

Grownup_Rafbrat

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I agree, she's porking up and getting a serious case of the dumpy.
Because she 'needs' free clothes she's in thrall to what folk send her rather than buying clothes that suit and fit her.

And if the allegations about how she treats people are true, which employee of the fashion house is going to send her things to make her look good? ;-)

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
Because she 'needs' free clothes she's in thrall to what folk send her rather than buying clothes that suit and fit her.

And if the allegations about how she treats people are true, which employee of the fashion house is going to send her things to make her look good? ;-)
Perhaps the measurements she supplied are a trifle fanciful ?

Maybe something from the Anne Summers S&M range?

Latest Threads