Harry and Megan: How long will it last?

How long

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
I watched last night's tribute to Prince Philip and was struck by the the genuine affection of William, Peter, Zara and Lady Louise speaking of their grandpa and what seemed to be very contrived comments from Harry. He referred to HM and Philip as 'an adorable couple'. I've never heard a man use that word to describe two adults but perhaps it's commonly used nowadays? I found it condescending in the extreme.

I also found myself thinking that a couple of years ago I'd have found Harry's informal approach refreshing and likeable but now I'm clearly incapable of seeing the good in him, which is no doubt as much a reflection on my character as his.
It's the sort of thing a senior would say to a junior, if that makes sense.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
I watched last night's tribute to Prince Philip and was struck by the the genuine affection of William, Peter, Zara and Lady Louise speaking of their grandpa and what seemed to be very contrived comments from Harry. He referred to HM and Philip as 'an adorable couple'. I've never heard a man use that word to describe two adults but perhaps it's commonly used nowadays? I found it condescending in the extreme.

I also found myself thinking that a couple of years ago I'd have found Harry's informal approach refreshing and likeable but now I'm clearly incapable of seeing the good in him, which is no doubt as much a reflection on my character as his.

It was the 'thank you for your service' comment that had me reaching for the Flammenwerfer.

syrup

LE
New York is being blessed with a visitation today:

In what capacity?

They aren't there on UK / Royal business

Does the Mayor of NYC personally meet every unemployed z list actress and her unemployed junior officer husband?

Once again proof that without his family they are nothing

bentobox

Old-Salt
In what capacity?

They aren't there on UK / Royal business

Does the Mayor of NYC personally meet every unemployed z list actress and her unemployed junior officer husband?

Once again proof that without his family they are nothing
I think it might be UN related in some tangential way?

Chef

LE

Chef

LE
A few of the papers have made a point of mentioning the fleet of gas guzzling SUVs transporting them round NY
Missed opportunity for Elon Musk to cabby them round in a Tesla.

Free loading and preachy.

No, that’s their shortened form of Lilibet, as they made clear during the headline-grab after the cushion was removed birth.
actually a made-up name, to make headlines easier to fit.
Tabloid subs are famous for it, as are 'celebs'.
Hence we have had J-Lo, RiRi, TomKat etc.
The Sun loves Wills and Kate... Harry and Megs.
Much easier to fit into GBFO headlines than 'Prince William and Catherine'

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
actually a made-up name, to make headlines easier to fit.
Tabloid subs are famous for it, as are 'celebs'.
Hence we have had J-Lo, RiRi, TomKat etc.
The Sun loves Wills and Kate... Harry and Megs.
Much easier to fit into GBFO headlines than 'Prince William and Catherine'
No, they did actually say that they would be shortening further the diminutive term that they bespoiled for the sake of some more public privacy.

Latest Threads