How long

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Grownup_Rafbrat

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Given Beatrice and Eugenie are quite off-the-wall names, I'm surprised they didn't name it Gertrude or Ingegerd.
They are historic royal names.

Just not pet names used only in the family.

They are historic royal names.

Just not pet names used only in the family.
I am still chuckling over your invention of the term 'iffspring'.

I believe it is a first.

10/10

Ah, the joys of living language - 'ifspring' and 'mythcarriage'

As to names - Fergie may be a loose cannon but at least she has manners:

Beatrice was Victoria's fifth and youngest daughter who was kept by her side, only marrying as her husband agreed to live with in Victoria's household

Eugenie was Victoria's grand-daughter through Beatrice and her husband Prince Henry of Battenburg.

Beatrice had mentioned she would like to name her first daughter Lily - as a deferred compliment to her grand mother's pet name. That's where Mrs Sussex got that idea from. All her ideas are stole- heavily derivative.

There is no birth recorded for a Lilibet Diana in the expected cachement areas - but there is a Diana Mary.......despite the brothers allegedly agreeing that neither would directly first-name a child after their mother. Having read discussion eslewhere, who is and isn't named on a birth certificate in California is a whole other area of interest.

Edited for fat-fingery

Last edited:

Dwarf

LE
242326537_360824302410667_5003371571337884356_n.jpg

Dwarf

LE
Ah, the joys of living language - 'ifspring' and 'mythcarriage'

As to names - Fergie may be a loose cannon but at least she has manners:

Beatrice was Victoria's fifth and youngest daughter who was kept by her side, only marrying as her husband agreed to live with in Victoria's household

Eugenie was Victoria's grand-daughter through Beatrice and her husband Prince Henry of Battenburg.

Beatrice had mentioned she would like to name her first daughter Lily - as a deferred compliment to her grand mother's pet name. That's where Mrs Sussex got that idea from. All her ideas are stole- heavily derivative.

There is no birth recorded for a Lilibet Diana in the expected cachement areas - but there is a Diana Mary.......despite the brothers allegedly agreeing that neither would directly first-name a child after their mother. Having read discussion eslewhere, who is and isn't named on a birth certificate in California is a whole other area of interest.

Edited for fat-fingery
With the issue of did they ask HMQ permission to use Lilibet it occurred to me that maybe Harry intended to and then bottled it, followed by bottling telling SWMBO saying that he had, or sort of had.
That would explain it.

Or maybe they were just lying again.

Ed typo

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
With the issue of did they ask HMQ permission to use Lilibet it occurred to me that maybe Harry intended to and then bottled it, followed by bottling telling SWMBO saying that he had, or sort of had.
That would explain it.

Or maybe they were just lying again.
A man who gave the Taliban a Paddington Hard Stare has no problem seeing off the likes of Meghan.

Surely. Right?

Maaaaaybe.

The problem is that the Queen had said that she would not be referred ot again by that name.

Hence Beatrice's intention to christen as Lily and leave the inference broadly unstated.

The king and Queen of Spain would not longer refer to her as Aunt Lillibet (I believe another branch of the UK family was allowed the same, can't recall which) as the last person who called her that was now gone.

Most people with empathy, would respected that as avoiding a trigger to recall loss.

IT was not the equivalent of a vacated building ripe for squatting in.

...either York girl, HMtQ, Princess Charlotte, Jessica, her old college friends, her staff, Catherine's Staff, any other woman. Men in general, mammals, reptiles, avians, insects, dinosaurs, most types of conifer, sedimentary rock, metamorphic rock on alternate Wednesdays and cosmic matter.

Anne and Sophie were a reach too far. (Watch Sophie face Mrs Sussex down at her last Commonwealth service 51 - 57 seconds )

Last edited:

Dwarf

LE

Chef

LE
Is it just me or does Meggsie on TIME have a resemblance to this bloke from Mad Magazine?

View attachment 605747
Could be, one is a clownish figure of fun, with a fictionalised background, forever following the next trendy news item or film.

The other is Alfred E Neuman.

RTU'd

LE

Announcement of the birth of​

Princess Beatrice and Mr Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi's baby​

Published 20 September 2021​

Her Royal Highness Princess Beatrice and Mr Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi are delighted to announce the safe arrival of their daughter on Saturday 18th September 2021, at 23.42, at the Chelsea and Westminster Hospital, London.

The baby weighs 6 pounds and 2 ounces.

The new baby’s grandparents and great-grandparents have all been informed and are delighted with the news.

The family would like to thank all the staff at the hospital for their wonderful care.

Her Royal Highness and her child are both doing well, and the couple are looking forward to introducing their daughter to her big brother Christopher Woolf.

Source @ https://www.royal.uk/announcement-birth-princess-beatrice-and-mr-edoardo-mapelli-mozzis-baby

The Arrse Regiment (Gun Coy) will be firing a 69 gun salute from the Wandle Park at 19:00 tonight.

Dwarf

LE

I love this bloke, he nails it. His final asteroid comment says it all.

Apparently they want to rebrand, and aim to have Harry outgun William globally. Perhaps if they heard this video they might think again.

Chef

LE

I love this bloke, he nails it. His final asteroid comment says it all.

Apparently they want to rebrand, and aim to have Harry outgun William globally. Perhaps if they heard this video they might think again.
Puts me in mind of a Warren Zevon song (Edited for clarity)

He was an accident waiting to happen
Most accidents happen at home
Maybe he should have gone out more often
Maybe he should have answered the phone

Hip-shakin' shoutin' in gold lame
That's how he earned his regal sobriquet
Then he threw it all away
For a porcelain monkey

He threw it away for a porcelain monkey
Gave it all up for a figurine
He traded it in for a night in Las Vegas
And his face of velveteen

From a shotgun shack singing Pentacostal hymns
Through the wrought iron gate to the TV room
He had a little world, it was smaller than your hand
It's a rockabilly ride from the glitter to the gloom
Left behind by the latest trends

Eatin' fried chicken with his regicidal friends
That's how the story ends
With a porcelain monkey

It's about Elvis but the end and the song remains germane.

Dwarf

LE
A man who gave the Taliban a Paddington Hard Stare has no problem seeing off the likes of Meghan.

Surely. Right?
Maybe if he gets a platoon of Gurkhas around him again.

karma is a bitch.

Away this weekend and the two Narcissists who have made a hobby less pleasant for us over the last few years were there with their respective spouses, as anticipated.

Wasn't looking forward to it but they were all smiley wavey at us and trying to tag on because they were utter billy no mates, whereas we like to talk to people - who are kind enough to return interest. This is how it goes: there has to be give - it can't all be take. You just have to stick to gritting your teeth and wait it out.

Latest Threads