Harry and Megan: How long will it last?

How long

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I can hear the grinding of teeth in the Montecito McMansion from here:

THAT'S how you become an influencer. Become a person of substance in your own right. (OK, so Amal married a film star but there's always been more to George than red carpet appearances and Mrs Clooney was internationally renowned in her own field before they met)
Excellent - The Clooneys are everything she wants to be - but she's got Harry (who has one job, be a Prince, and he's shit at that) in a rented house they can't afford, crashing Zoom calls with the Pawnee, Indiana Woman's Bake Off Collective to say 'Go Girl!', while...

HAHA!

Excellent - The Clooneys are everything she wants to be - but she's got Harry (who has one job, be a Prince, and he's shit at that) in a rented house they can't afford, crashing Zoom calls with the Pawnee, Indiana Woman's Bake Off Collective to say 'Go Girl!', while...

HAHA!

That and Megan will never be this good at acting

Dwarf

LE

He's quite cynical about Ms Markle and speculates that she has been advised to clean up her act if she really wishes to enter politics and reconnect with people like Obama. I ask myself if that is really possible. As she has managed to get on peoples "Beware she's toxic" list and the same people would likely wish to stay onside with the RF it will take a lot of work.
If she does make serious moves then her past actions will come under the microscope, her treatment of her family, her youthful crewing yachts and her matrimonial history all would to my eyes be strikes against her with the voters. Add to that her recent history with the RF and moves to Canada and California which will drag up her petulance and bullying, her manipulation of her husband, her incapacity to keep secrets, the rumours about surrogacy, and her decision making processes that are designed with her sole benefit in mind. Someone will bring up the Bench as her intellectual measure, though admittedly after Trump that might not be such a hinderence.
All of this would seem to me to mitigate against her against serious candidates especially as she is now seen as a figure of ridcule, with this comment about the Time mag as a prime example.
" Are we all being horrible about Harry's hobbit hair, or Cousin IT standing in front of him. The wax work photos scared the bejebus out of me, instead of a magazine cover it looked more like a cover of any one of the Chucky movies. Or one of those dodgy 80's one hit wonder hairbands."
Is all this overcomable to allow her to run for office? I would think that a long period of rehabilitation where she doesn't put a foot wrong would be necessary. A coming together with the RF would also seem to be a prerequisite step, though there is a problem. According to this video it could happen if Harry bins the idea of his book. But then there are all those $$$ at stake and she will need them and much more if she wants to progress in U.S. politics. Then if, as has been mooted, she is trying to rebrand Archwell the same $$$ are really necessary. It would also mean her putting aside her thoughts of a book and I really can't see her doing that.
If she does ever reach office then American politics will have gone from its current moribund state to fully zombiefied.

He's quite cynical about Ms Markle and speculates that she has been advised to clean up her act if she really wishes to enter politics and reconnect with people like Obama. I ask myself if that is really possible. As she has managed to get on peoples "Beware she's toxic" list and the same people would likely wish to stay onside with the RF it will take a lot of work.
If she does make serious moves then her past actions will come under the microscope, her treatment of her family, her youthful crewing yachts and her matrimonial history all would to my eyes be strikes against her with the voters. Add to that her recent history with the RF and moves to Canada and California which will drag up her petulance and bullying, her manipulation of her husband, her incapacity to keep secrets, the rumours about surrogacy, and her decision making processes that are designed with her sole benefit in mind. Someone will bring up the Bench as her intellectual measure, though admittedly after Trump that might not be such a hinderence.
All of this would seem to me to mitigate against her against serious candidates especially as she is now seen as a figure of ridcule, with this comment about the Time mag as a prime example.
" Are we all being horrible about Harry's hobbit hair, or Cousin IT standing in front of him. The wax work photos scared the bejebus out of me, instead of a magazine cover it looked more like a cover of any one of the Chucky movies. Or one of those dodgy 80's one hit wonder hairbands."
Is all this overcomable to allow her to run for office? I would think that a long period of rehabilitation where she doesn't put a foot wrong would be necessary. A coming together with the RF would also seem to be a prerequisite step, though there is a problem. According to this video it could happen if Harry bins the idea of his book. But then there are all those $$$ at stake and she will need them and much more if she wants to progress in U.S. politics. Then if, as has been mooted, she is trying to rebrand Archwell the same $$$ are really necessary. It would also mean her putting aside her thoughts of a book and I really can't see her doing that.
If she does ever reach office then American politics will have gone from its current moribund state to fully zombiefied.
I hve a feeling the outcome of the bullying investigation launched by HMQ might be influential too, depending on how much of the resut is made public

Dwarf

LE
I hve a feeling the outcome of the bullying investigation launched by HMQ might be influential too, depending on how much of the resut is made public
If she did decide to run for office it would be found and dragged into the public domain. But I have a feeling that as it is independent the whole thing will likely be published. Unless the RF come to a deal with the Markles to lay off or it gets splashed over every newspaper there is.

Dwarf

LE
Trump had/has the wealth to buy his way into office. He has enough, potentially, to do it again (and still might). She doesn't.
Very true, which is why I think that the rebranding of Archwell has to be a preliminary step in order to actually make serious enough money to step into the arena. I think that might have been the idea, use Harry's money to generate some more with Netflix etc. then use that to make Archwell an Empire which would give enough money to achieve her goal.

But she will also need to attract donations and have links to the Democratic Party or figures that carry weight within the party like the Obamas who have designated her as persona non grata..
Instead of establishing a serious base to work from in the future she has managed to actually go backwards and that will take a lot of coming back from.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
Very true, which is why I think that the rebranding of Archwell has to be a preliminary step in order to actually make serious enough money to step into the arena. I think that might have been the idea, use Harry's money to generate some more with Netflix etc. then use that to make Archwell an Empire which would give enough money to achieve her goal.

But she will also need to attract donations and have links to the Democratic Party or figures that carry weight within the party like the Obamas who have designated her as persona non grata..
Instead of establishing a serious base to work from in the future she has managed to actually go backwards and that will take a lot of coming back from.
In all honesty, if she really thinks she's capable of the highest office she's seriously deluded. She failed as an intern down in Argentina (circumstances to be debated...) and has hardly shown herself to be even moderately talented at anything else since.

She's ama
In all honesty, if she really thinks she's capable of the highest office she's seriously deluded. She failed as an intern down in Argentina (circumstances to be debated...) and has hardly shown herself to be even moderately talented at anything else since.
She's amazingly talented at trapping princes and alienating large numbers of people in a very short space of time

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
She's amazingly talented at trapping princes and alienating large numbers of people in a very short space of time
Quite so. But even her (very closely monitored) Wikipedia page notes that she considered a political career... "However, she did not score high enough in the Foreign Service Officer Test to proceed further with the US State Department."

Okay, I doubt The Donald would have passed either - or several other past presidents, for that matter. But it's a measure of her intellect.

I doubt if she'll clean up her act as she doesn't know how to. If she has, as some people claim, a mid-range, not very intelligent, narcissistic personality disorder, then she will not have the self awareness to change. On the other hand politics attracts narcissist and psychopaths, etc.

This is an analysis by HG Tudor who claims he is an narcissist himself. She absolutely give me the creeps.

I doubt if she'll clean up her act as she doesn't know how to. If she has, as some people claim, a mid-range, not very intelligent, narcissistic personality disorder, then she will not have the self awareness to change. On the other hand politics attracts narcissist and psychopaths, etc.

This is an analysis by HG Tudor who claims he is an narcissist himself. She absolutely give me the creeps.

That look of Theresa May's is a killer

The level of funds and backing to take a run at the top job in the US is way beyond just rich & wealthy.

Trump was an outlier in many aspects - 'she' isn't even close to any of the requirements to have a stab at my Parish Council. Then again, with 'Idiocracy' becoming a more accurate documentary by the day... who knows!?

Dwarf

LE
She is, but since she married Harry when has reality formed a part of her scenarios?

Unless the politics thing is just a cover while she rejigs Archwell and other charities to amass a serious fortune.

Alas then she's not in the limelight or on Time then.

She is, but since she married Harry when has reality formed a part of her scenarios?

Unless the politics thing is just a cover while she rejigs Archwell and other charities to amass a serious fortune.

Alas then she's not in the limelight or on Time then.
As I wrote before, she wants to out Kardashian the Kardashians. An endless whirl of parties and holidays, which SHE picks, and for which the TV companies pick up the tab.

Old and Grumpy

Old-Salt
As I wrote before, she wants to out Kardashian the Kardashians. An endless whirl of parties and holidays, which SHE picks, and for which the TV companies pick up the tab.
The TV companies only pick up the tab because so many really sad bastards watch the programmes and the advertisers pay - Just need to stop feeding the system and stop watching.....

Latest Threads