Harry and Megan: How long will it last?

How long

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So a couple of weeks ago he gets booed in the GQ awards for pontificating about social media and “fake news” and yet on the cover of Time did anyone else notice the somewhat fuller level of ginger topiary than his actual thinning pate?

So a couple of weeks ago he gets booed in the GQ awards for pontificating about social media and “fake news” and yet on the cover of Time did anyone else notice the somewhat fuller level of ginger topiary than his actual thinning pate?
It's known as '(h)airbrushing' I believe ? ;-)

Yes, it has been discussed once or twice (a minute) since it happened.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer

Dwarf

LE

Or that the 1.83m Prince has shrunk?

That or the 1.68m St Markle has put on a late growing spurt.

I doubt anyone has said 'no' to her for a long time or said anything they think will be remotely disagreeable to her.

She's probably not going against any advice because there isn't any given any more.

I'm still miffed at certain things though like the ghost pregnancy, surrogacy, schooling, birth certificates, paying for the TIME cover etc...

I'm just surprised that nothing substantive has been uncovered, legally checked and run with by the press.
I read somewhere possibly on here that "somewhere in a newspaper editors office is a black safe in which is kept all the dirt on celebrities and the famous to be used when the time is right" it was I suppose a humourous tale but if it were true wouldn't now be the time to let the dogs loose and do some revenge trashing on Hairy and Maggot?.

Probably the main reason they chose M&M for the cover is that they are immediately recognisable, so people will notice that and then notice that they are on TIme's cover and so Time gets publicity for a failing magazine.

ed typo
I understood from a previous post that Time did not choose them but that in fact they paid to have the front cover picture.

Dwarf

LE
I understood from a previous post that Time did not choose them but that in fact they paid to have the front cover picture.
Were they on the list but asked to be on the cover if they hoofed in a wedge?

I read somewhere possibly on here that "somewhere in a newspaper editors office is a black safe in which is kept all the dirt on celebrities and the famous to be used when the time is right"
I very much doubt that. Newspapers (and editors careers) are all about circulation figures and ad revenue right now. If the numbers are falling, watch out for your job. If they’re rising you’re doing OK.

If it’s you that breaks a mega scoop then boom, you’ve made your name.

No editor would ignore such ratings/career fodder, especially if there was a chance that it wouldn’t hit the headlines under their watch but under that of the next editor.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
I very much doubt that. Newspapers (and editors careers) are all about circulation figures and ad revenue right now. If the numbers are falling, watch out for your job. If they’re rising you’re doing OK.

No editor would ignore such ratings/career fodder, especially if there was a chance that it wouldn’t hit the headlines under their watch but under that of the next editor.
No, it's true. There is stuff that is widely known but which for various reasons is unpublishable.

But cautious editors must beware of possible litigation of which the Maggot makes free with.

I do agree, and it's only speculation at the moment that she will target Camilla. But for the American audience they need the soap opera touch and she fits the bill as the wicked family breaker. I can't see who else is in line, it has to be the famous royals who are known to the Americans and they have already been done, and have lawyered up. So unless he gets all heartfelt and weepy about how he felt jealous of his bro, but now he is over it, and how bad a dad Charles was but he forgives him, and growing up without a mum, which is all woke but not shocking, then he has only one real choice.
Megraine doesn't care as long as she gets publicity and $$$ because she ignores her own dad and I'm sure she thinks that if the RF get into the catfight she wanted then she will benefit if Charles has to take sides and William gets angry. But it would be another huge mistake, especially as she is getting bad publicity over her own dad who is making constant noises about being abandoned, not seeing his gradkids and not having met his daughter's husband. Not good in the U.S. which is pro-family.
She's racking up a good anti-meg list of people here.

My bold knowing MeMegains history of telling lies, I wouldn't put it past her to "reveal" it was the nasty Camilla who was the racist who speculated on their potentials offsprings colour but she had kept quiet to try and please Charles!
I also think that should the ginger eunuch dare leave of his own accord, she will invent a whole new category of lies to paint him as the cruel, selfish, violent, manipulative wife beater & father and she only tolerated him for the sake of the children!
Plus of course sueing him for every $ he has and umpteen million more that his family might be tempted to give him.
Whichever way it goes he's in for a very rough ride & IMHO deserves every bit of it!!