Harry and Megan: How long will it last?

How long

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
From what I am reading, American people of colour are exhorting other people of colour to stop supporting her blindly and first assess what she has done to boost new ethnic talent. She attaches herself to people who are rising or have already risen but has done nothing to actually assist those launching.

They also recognise from experience that while people of mixed race do have more complex identity issues to explore, most will stick to or revert to the paler parent's group *, and that Meghans own ethnic positioning transparently has nothing to do with anything more than which way the wind blows most favourably for her needs.

* Our family experience, although a little more interesting as white mum has now married a 'nationalist': still they like to prove they are not racist by having mixed race members.

ETA - if you are right and Harry is going for Camilla in his book he'll have set light to not only the last family rescue bridge, but the emergency ladder, Bo'sun's chair and tightrope, too. If he thinks Charles is avoiding him at present.......

Last edited:

Chef

LE
It speculates that Harry's book will target Camilla because he needs something salacious about the RF. Well I suppose Camilla is RF by marriage and a lot of people blame her for what happened with Diana, so she's the fig.11. Edited for brevity.
Consider Camilla's entry into the RF and where she stands in the public's affections. I'd say she's done pretty well as regards her rehabilitation from 'The other woman' to @Doing a good job despite her background.

Compare and contrast with the Sussex's popular start to getting booed by showbiz types at an award ceremony.

I can imagine Charles and Camilla getting invited to social gatherings here and in the US that Harry and Meghan wouldn't even make the appendix to the reserve invite list.

That NY Post article was interesting as it is bang up to date, and has reached the same conclusions as Arrse and the British public, though why some British newspapers still seem to be scared of her I don't know.
I liked this, "Let’s just call them what they are: ponderous and platitudinous. "

If that's what the U.S. press is saying about them then what chance of her plans actually coming to fruition if people are seeing them as ridiculous rather than as references. The 9/11 stunt backfired rather spectacularly in the negative press and comments it engendered.

It speculates that Harry's book will target Camilla because he needs something salacious about the RF. Well I suppose Camilla is RF by marriage and a lot of people blame her for what happened with Diana, so she's the fig.11. Also if the Queen has set her lawyers on alert there's really no-one else. But has Henner actually thought this through, or is he going along with it because his Mistress has given him no choice?
I read that Camilla actually had a fairly good relationship with William and Harry so there's another support gone. Though possibly because she saw through Megraine then the latter sees her as a target.
However, whatever we think about Camilla she is Charles' loved wife and if Harry gives her a right pasting then he can only create more emnity between the Montecito Markles and his Dad.
Given Megraine's track record though she will trash anyone including her family, and perhaps she sees this as giving her more grounds for claiming ill-treatment when Charles reacts. Can she not see where this is going? Is she really that unintelligent? Are her PR teams that bloody useless?

I see her and her plans like this:

View attachment 604572
She trashes the Royal Family and her own family, is it not possible that there are stories out there that people are not sharing for fear that the maggot will sick her lawyers on them, are they wait for the right time? Come on people this is the "rope a dope" time as I believe the pair are at their most vulnerable due to waning popularity in the US and the UK.

That cover photo couldn't be any more airbrushed, unless some of his his hair has miraculously grown back

Some/most of the comments on this article are telling even from those resident in the States!!

Sid14, Graceland, United Kingdom, 38 minutes ago

This shows just how out of touch and delusional TIME magazine is . The people in the list they have compiled , is disturbing and very shocking. How can anyone ever take this publication seriously again?

Graunt, Peterborough, United Kingdom, 39 minutes ago

Whose that wimpy looking bloke in the background. Is it one of her staff brought to make her look big and show who is in charge.

Barry G, Hau Hin, Thailand, 39 minutes ago

Only one good thing came out of this list - The Kardashians did not make it. The rest is pure crap with Cringe and Winge top of the list.

MaryMuir, edinburgh, United Kingdom, 23 minutes ago

Marching mercenaries. I have yet to see evidence of their compassion. Both parties have fractured relationships with their own family. From parents to siblings The only boots on the ground will very soon be up their backside.

NoOneKnows
, Yonkers, United States, 25 minutes ago

To who did they give a voice that was voiceless? I don't remember anyone, specific person or entity, that has come forward with a "voice" that was gagged or shut in any shape or form. On the other hand, all they do is voice their yapping selves and truthfully, we're all sick and tired of them!

syrup

LE
Consider Camilla's entry into the RF and where she stands in the public's affections. I'd say she's done pretty well as regards her rehabilitation from 'The other woman' to @Doing a good job despite her background.

Compare and contrast with the Sussex's popular start to getting booed by showbiz types at an award ceremony.

I can imagine Charles and Camilla getting invited to social gatherings here and in the US that Harry and Meghan wouldn't even make the appendix to the reserve invite list.

Regardless of the public affection consider where Camilla's standing with his father and brother is.
His father has done a ot of work ad no doubt had to on occasion put his foot down to ensure Camilla has been accepted by the RF and pushed back against a lot of the Diana fan club to get her where she is

William from the outside looking in doesn't seem to have to much drama with her either

Going after Camilla may be Harry's biggest mistake yet and forcing his father to take sides may be the end of the affair with Harry cast aside by his father and brother

That NY Post article was interesting as it is bang up to date, and has reached the same conclusions as Arrse and the British public, though why some British newspapers still seem to be scared of her I don't know.
I liked this, "Let’s just call them what they are: ponderous and platitudinous. "

If that's what the U.S. press is saying about them then what chance of her plans actually coming to fruition if people are seeing them as ridiculous rather than as references. The 9/11 stunt backfired rather spectacularly in the negative press and comments it engendered.

It speculates that Harry's book will target Camilla because he needs something salacious about the RF. Well I suppose Camilla is RF by marriage and a lot of people blame her for what happened with Diana, so she's the fig.11. Also if the Queen has set her lawyers on alert there's really no-one else. But has Henner actually thought this through, or is he going along with it because his Mistress has given him no choice?
I read that Camilla actually had a fairly good relationship with William and Harry so there's another support gone. Though possibly because she saw through Megraine then the latter sees her as a target.
However, whatever we think about Camilla she is Charles' loved wife and if Harry gives her a right pasting then he can only create more emnity between the Montecito Markles and his Dad.
Given Megraine's track record though she will trash anyone including her family, and perhaps she sees this as giving her more grounds for claiming ill-treatment when Charles reacts. Can she not see where this is going? Is she really that unintelligent? Are her PR teams that bloody useless?

I see her and her plans like this:

View attachment 604572

My bold, methinks she is such an agressive, self centered, know it all, narcissisist, she will ignore/overide any action they recommend if itdoesn't suit her warped perceptions.
She has become so deluded over the last few years that her actions are almost that of a person who is almost certifiably mad!
He is so under her influence as to be totally subservient to her every whim!

DSJ

LE
She trashes the Royal Family and her own family, is it not possible that there are stories out there that people are not sharing for fear that the maggot will sick her lawyers on them, are they wait for the right time? Come on people this is the "rope a dope" time as I believe the pair are at their most vulnerable due to waning popularity in the US and the UK.

Wouldn't they be for the book being written by Tom Bower? Rumour mill is that there was no shortage of people willing to share their experiences of Me-gain with him. I should imagine the army of lawyers at the publishing house will be all over it right up to the day of publishing.

I doubt anyone has said 'no' to her for a long time or said anything they think will be remotely disagreeable to her.

She's probably not going against any advice because there isn't any given any more.

I'm still miffed at certain things though like the ghost pregnancy, surrogacy, schooling, birth certificates, paying for the TIME cover etc...

I'm just surprised that nothing substantive has been uncovered, legally checked and run with by the press.

A couple more comments, the first one possibly explaing why Time made this crazy decision.

ROB TONTO, Rome, Italy, 55 minutes ago

If you connect the dots - Time Magazine is owned by Mark Benioff, and interestingly Mark Benioff is the CEO of Salesforce and interestingly Harry is a senior executive for Salesforce. How about naming those who developed the Covid-19 vaccine; there are many scientists from many countries. How about naming the 13 American soldiers who gave up their lives to protect the Afghan people? Some on this list are just not worthy but are there only because they are part of the private club or the super rich and elite and actually have no accomplishments to brag about.

usher2512, London, United Kingdom, 55 minutes ago

They really do need to recognise that they have reached the end of the road and it's well past time to give up trying to be global icons and settle for a private quiet life because that's all there is for them now. They blew it with the interview that was supposed to make them, and it's best to go away and try to regain some dignity.

Amelia Lara, Hereford, United Kingdom, 54 minutes ago

Yep, shes positively weeping into her Cartier bracelets! These two are so tone deaf its astounding

rainit, London, United Kingdom, 56 minutes ago

Wonder how much you have to pay for this type of air brushed exposure? Shame on you Time.

Reverend Moondoggie, Nomad City, United States, 1 hour ago

Does anybody still read Time magazine?

DSJ

LE
I doubt anyone has said 'no' to her for a long time or said anything they think will be remotely disagreeable to her.

She's probably not going against any advice because there isn't any given any more.

I'm still miffed at certain things though like the ghost pregnancy, surrogacy, schooling, birth certificates, paying for the TIME cover etc...

I'm just surprised that nothing substantive has been uncovered, legally checked and run with by the press.

Maybe that is being saved for post-separation when Harry is kicked into the long grass & back hiding in the UK, and his soon-to be ex-wife is in full on vengeful harpie mode, screaming for the crown jewels, 7 palaces, her own Regiment (1 YACHTS), allowances etc or else secrets will be let slipped.

It's teetering woefully: I have even seen a 'sugar' (lobotomised Sussex shock-troops) tweeting that they wonder if there is a Lillibet......

A couple more comments, the first one possibly explaing why Time made this crazy decision.

ROB TONTO, Rome, Italy, 55 minutes ago

If you connect the dots - Time Magazine is owned by Mark Benioff, and interestingly Mark Benioff is the CEO of Salesforce and interestingly Harry is a senior executive for Salesforce. How about naming those who developed the Covid-19 vaccine; there are many scientists from many countries. How about naming the 13 American soldiers who gave up their lives to protect the Afghan people? Some on this list are just not worthy but are there only because they are part of the private club or the super rich and elite and actually have no accomplishments to brag about.

usher2512, London, United Kingdom, 55 minutes ago

They really do need to recognise that they have reached the end of the road and it's well past time to give up trying to be global icons and settle for a private quiet life because that's all there is for them now. They blew it with the interview that was supposed to make them, and it's best to go away and try to regain some dignity.

Amelia Lara, Hereford, United Kingdom, 54 minutes ago

Yep, shes positively weeping into her Cartier bracelets! These two are so tone deaf its astounding

rainit, London, United Kingdom, 56 minutes ago

Wonder how much you have to pay for this type of air brushed exposure? Shame on you Time.

Reverend Moondoggie, Nomad City, United States, 1 hour ago

Does anybody still read Time magazine?
Time Magazine are like AOL. They mattered in the US 20 years ago, while today the people who have heard of them are amazed they are still around.

Dwarf

LE
Time Magazine are like AOL. They mattered in the US 20 years ago, while today the people who have heard of them are amazed they are still around.
Probably the main reason they chose M&M for the cover is that they are immediately recognisable, so people will notice that and then notice that they are on TIme's cover and so Time gets publicity for a failing magazine.

ed typo

Last edited:
Meghan is using her colour, ethnic make up, and the recent BLM upheaval all to promote her cause.

Her sights appear to be set on White House ambition...a shame, Kamal Harris will get there first.

She set her sights on a Prince, and the c*nt struck Ginger Whinger fell to that ambition.

She has given him two kids, let's hope they don't stick a knife in his back as he has to his father, that would be Karma indeed.

Shallow privileged and ungrateful children, may their ingrattitude reap just rewards.

Dwarf

LE
This is when things could get vicious, when Megraine sees it's all falling apart, no invites to A-Lists, popularity failing, even the Time photo is being mocked, "Harry looks like her hair-dresser". But of course none of this is her fault, it's bad PR, it's the RF, it's...............everything but bad judgement and tactics. But instead of changing failed tactics she will simply intensify them lashing out at everyone and playing on the sympathy tack, like she did on Oprah.
She wanted to be American Royals, so had she considered what makes Royals successful, -being discreet, supportive, and doing real things as opposed to her fantasies of a life of social whirl, - she might have made a go of it. Instead she did what Royals never do, look for the limelight and haul off and stab your benefactors in the back, play on the poor me scenario, and lecture people from up high while never doing a decent day's work.

Can she change? Unlikely, on Harry's birthday he gets to play second fiddle to her standing behind her on a failing magazine. Will she go down kicking? Almost certainly.

I can only see this going one way, Harry will realise his stupendous mistake, separate from Her, spend the following 2 years trying to repair his relationship with his brother, father and the British public. Then the children will spend most of their time in the US, visiting Harry in the UK during holidays. The only question is how long.

Wouldn't they be for the book being written by Tom Bower? Rumour mill is that there was no shortage of people willing to share their experiences of Me-gain with him. I should imagine the army of lawyers at the publishing house will be all over it right up to the day of publishing.
Doubt it. Bower's a toothless tiger these days. His book on Bernie Ecclestone barely laid a glove on him.

Even if Megain goes full on for Camilla, I don't think that will work. I could be wrong but Camilla is far more popular with the British (and probably the US) public.

Most people are not stupid except for pre-pubescent and teenage girls, but unfortunately for her, this is Megain's target audience.

The Camilla of today is not the Camilla of 25+ years ago when Diana was the "People's Princess". Time has moved on, and since her relationship to Camilla became official, she has, in my view at least, been an object lesson in how to behave like a senior royal. She is hard-working, discreet and supports Prince Charles extremely well.

Because the British public are not stupid adolescent girls, and we have moved of from the "people's princess" fixation, Camilla is - again purely my own view - more accepted these days than even she knows. If Megain targets Camilla I think the British public will support Camilla.

We can see people with a proper work ethic and a commitment to duty and the country. Camilla has them and Megain does not. We can see that even now Camilla will support The Queen regardless of any personal issues between them, because she is aware of the duty she owes the Sovereign.

Megain has none of these things, and she is scrabbling around for skin-coloured sympathy, embarrassing the hell out of everyone around her, because she has never been brought up with a sense of discretion, honour and duty.

If she wants to measure herself against Camilla, she is on a hiding to nothing.