Harry and Megan: How long will it last?

How long

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

syrup

LE
Supposedly Diana was very much like this as well.

She's completely like Diana only difference being Diana knew how to play the game inside the Royal Family because essentially she was posh totty that grew up like them.
What she doesn't get is she's stepped down from the platform the RF and will have to rely on her "talents" to make do.

She's probably realised hat he's solid and has as much chance of standing on is own two feet as a one legged Irish Dancer

At some point they need to start delivering real stuff or NetFlix et al will drop them like hot potato's.
You can only get so far on your dead mum

Dwarf

LE
I agree, but I think she's able to present, albeit temporarily, as though she has the attributes you mention. We probably all know/have known people like that; they're charm personified until you've served your purpose, whatever that may be, then you cease to matter/exist and their facade falls away.

That photo of Meghan and Harry in the back of the car where she appears to be growling. That's the real Meghan. No credible billionaire would go anywhere near her. But then, Amber Heard copped off with Elon Musk, so what do i know?

I quite liked this of how she got Harry addicted and emasculated. Whether she has the talent to repeat with a further amour is moot now she has been held up in the blaze of self-generated publicity.
Possibly an older man might fall for it, but the ones who have the power or position which she wants will likely be alert to her wiles. To snag a victim he needs to have no idea he is being hunted, as Harry didn't. People are likely to be more alert right now she has put herself in the spotlight.

Chef

LE
I quite liked this of how she got Harry addicted and emasculated. Whether she has the talent to repeat with a further amour is moot now she has been held up in the blaze of self-generated publicity.
Possibly an older man might fall for it, but the ones who have the power or position which she wants will likely be alert to her wiles. To snag a (rich) victim he needs to have no idea he is being hunted, as Harry didn't. People are likely to be more alert right now she has put herself in the spotlight.
So a brain dead lottery winning hermit.

Not so easy to find these days.

She might get herself a provincial american industrialist - but wouldn't bother to try as he would be below her standards. If they do divorce, she will waste so much life and effort keeping up a front instead, instead of cutting her cloth and comproimising with a fellow whose white-knighting joy in life might be to treat her like a princess - because there's nowt so strange as folk.

I could explain this with references to the historical feminisation of the frontier West as a reaction to east coast victorian values but I have to wash up and I'm not wasting more of my brainery on the succubus for a bit.

She's completely like Diana only difference being Diana knew how to play the game inside the Royal Family because essentially she was posh totty that grew up like them.
What she doesn't get is she's stepped down from the platform the RF and will have to rely on her "talents" to make do.

She's probably realised hat he's solid and has as much chance of standing on is own two feet as a one legged Irish Dancer

At some point they need to start delivering real stuff or NetFlix et al will drop them like hot potato's.
You can only get so far on your dead mum
And trying to destroy the RF with their disclosers of their truth. It is to hoped that the public both in the UK and the US will soon become bored with their constant whingeing about their sad life with the Royal Family and the lack of privacy accorded them and their offspring by the media. Talking of the media, I receive the headline stories from the Daily Telegraph to my in box every day, invariably most of the headlines are about the Sussex's, I suspect that these are planted by their PR teams to keep them current with the public, one of these headlines is in fact a complaint by them that they don't have enough privacy, you couldn't make it up.

I suppose a living example would be Jerry Hall. First Bryan Ferry, the epitome of cool at the time. Then Mick Jagger whom she managed to stick with far longer than any of his other paramours and who has been globally famous for half a century. Finally she got Rupert Murdoch to the altar and whatever one may think of him, it can't be denied he's immensely wealthy.

I like Jerry, she's smart, funny, doesn't take herself too seriously and no-one seems to have a bad word to say about her. I briefly met her once in a shop on the King's Road in the early 80's and was struck by how much better looking she was in person and how unaffected she seemed, despite then being one of the most sought after models in the world.

I think the Duchess will never match those ladies previously mentioned. She's no Jackie O, nor is she a Jerry H, IMHO.
Closer to Cynthia Plastercaster I reckon.

Old and Grumpy

Old-Salt
1627603462256.png

Better still, it is now suspected that the publishing deal was done early in California, and the publishers thought they too were going to get sole exposes intead of the Tuesday's cold beef leftovers. As did Oprah, before the Corden interview happened and the Archie picture leak took her exclusives. No real business sense.

Last edited:

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
Better still, it is now suspected that the publishing deal was done early in California, and the publishers thought they too were going to get sole exposes intead of the Tuesday's cold beef leftovers. As did Oprah, before the Corden interview happened and the Archie picture leak took her exclusives. No real business sense.
No, just greed.

No, just greed.
Appears so - cast the net wide and reap the benefits, but that can only be done once and now it appears they they are pissing off some seriously powerful people (Oprah, Spotify, Netflix) who do not like to be made fools of, especially in public. With hindsight, if Oprah had sense she would remodel the famous interview as showing how untruthful the truths were and didn't she do well exposing the pair.

There is only so much "I'm a poor black girl made good" and "I'm a normal guy who strived above adversity"

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
Appears so - cast the net wide and reap the benefits, but that can only be done once and now it appears they they are pissing off some seriously powerful people (Oprah, Spotify, Netflix) who do not like to be made fools of, especially in public. With hindsight, if Oprah had sense she would remodel the famous interview as showing how untruthful the truths were and didn't she do well exposing the pair.

There is only so much "I'm a poor black girl made good" and "I'm a normal guy who strived above adversity"
...a mixed-race black girl whose family is predominantly white in published photographs and who was privately educated. A below-average guy with a short attention span who had every privilege.

Those two, you mean?

I'll take those levels of deprivation and adversity.

...a mixed-race black girl whose family is predominantly white in published photographs and who was privately educated. A below-average guy with a short attention span who had every privilege.

Those two, you mean?

I'll take those levels of deprivation and adversity.

Oh they have suffered, really suffered!

Not to be trusted then - there’s a surprise.

skeetstar

Old-Salt

Problem is, H&M used Winfrey as a mouthpiece to present their warped version of the way they were treated. They took Winfrey for a fool, and now she knows it. For her to do anything now would just expose her as being duped by H&M. So she'll just cut off contact with them, and try and put it all behind her

Not as much as their adoring public us.
Oh you unfeeling bastard. You've never known the worry of deciding the best colour of your Range Rover SVA Autobiography. So bad in fact that the only way to cope was to buy three. Or deciding your wedding day guest list when your budget is limited to a measly £32 million by an uncaring and unfeeling father. Your truth is nothing to their truth ;-)

Last edited: