And that I allow.

Last edited:

Chef

LE
This is your bench.

Until the divorce.

Dwarf

LE
From the very first eggsample I knew eggsactly what we were in for, an eggscruciatingly long eggsercise of eggasperating puns that would eggsemplify with eggsactitude the eggsquisitly bad level of humour on that eggstraordinary eggshibition of egghaustively eggscitable eggspression and eggstemporisation that is Arrse and deserves a round of applause on the banjo.
Especially as we are discussing the eggsessively eggsplosive eggsagerated eggscrement that eggsceeds all decent behaviour from the egghaustingly eggshibitionist couple in Montecito .

Londo

LE
From the very first eggsample I knew eggsactly what we were in for, an eggscruciatingly long eggsercise of eggasperating puns that would eggsemplify with eggsactitude the eggsquisitly bad level of humour on that eggstraordinary eggshibition of egghaustively eggscitable eggspression and eggstemporisation that is Arrse and deserves a round of applause on the banjo.
Especially as we are discussing the eggsessively eggsplosive eggsagerated eggscrement that eggsceeds all decent behaviour from the egghaustingly eggshibitionist couple in Montecito .
You cracked it .

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
May I poach that?

Dwarf

LE

Dwarf

LE
Just been watching the Minions on Netflix. Scarlet the Villainess who thinks a crown should be her birthright just had me in mind of Princess Pinnochio. If you have it, check it out from about minute 50.

Here is your resting bench
Under the perfume rain of rose blossom
You fücking stupid ginger cünt

Haiku, complete with kireji.

Last edited:
(...) ETA - same lines - holding over of bullying enquiry report to bridle intentions to crash Jubilee year behaviour?
The "staff bullying" allegations are not a minor matter. The Governor General of Canada got the boot over exactly this sort of thing. If Her Majesty's representative in Canada can be forced to resign over this sort of issue, then royals, even minor ones, can't expect to get away with doing the same in the UK.

It started off as rumours and leaks to the press and developed from there. Here's a report from late July 2020, when the press stories were based on "sources with direct knowledge of the office".
Gov. Gen. Payette has created a toxic climate of harassment and verbal abuse at Rideau Hall, sources allege

The sources say Payette has yelled at, belittled and publicly humiliated employees. They accuse her of throwing tantrums in the office and, on one occasion, tossing an employee's work aside and calling it "shit."

On a single day, multiple people were seen leaving Payette's office with tears in their eyes after private meetings with the Governor General, said one source. In another instance, a staff member was spotted crying in their car.

"She screams and humiliates staff in front of others," said a former employee. "It's verbal abuse. In no world is it OK to treat people that way."

The story continued to grow until the PM was forced to order an investigation. It was a big scandal and the government were taking a lot of heat over the issue. An outside HR consultancy was hired to review the allegations and produce a report.

On the 21st of January of this year, the GG was forced to resign.
Payette stepping down as governor general after blistering report on Rideau Hall work environment

Gov.-Gen. Julie Payette and her secretary, Assunta di Lorenzo, are resigning after an outside workplace review of Rideau Hall found that the pair presided over a toxic work environment.

Last year, an independent consulting firm was hired by the Privy Council Office (PCO) to review reports that Payette was responsible for workplace harassment at Rideau Hall.

Sources who were briefed on the consulting firm's report told CBC News that its conclusions were damning.

It's now 5 months later and the government still haven't replaced the GG yet as they look for ways to distance themselves from the selection process in order to not remind people who was responsible for selecting the last one.

Since the GG is the personal representative of Her Majesty, there are direct parallels between the GG's conduct and duties and the conduct and duties of a working member of the Royal Family.

So the staff bullying allegations with respect to Meghan are a serious matter which in my opinion direct affect whether she can be considered suitable for conducting royal duties. It can take a while to get to the bottom of things, but there is clear precedent in the Canadian GG case which says that it cannot be swept under the carpet if it is found that the allegations are true.

Now it seems they are not making their sponsors happy, perhaps not the fury the Sun is claiming but surely disquiet.
Six months after an 18$M deal with Spotify they have released a whopping 37 minutes of airtime.
Next they want a few months off after becoming parents again.

They need the money but can't be arrsed to fulfill their side of the deals. How long before this all dries up? Because I can't see people willing to spend big money on little return. Also if their popularity is on the wane they may not have an audience outside their woke fans.
Spotify was looking forward to a flow of airtime and it isn't happening. Claiming their money back or refusing to pay on the grounds of non-fulfillment may not be the result or publicity H&M were looking for.
I reckon they have three functioning braincells between them.

I don't know what is in H&M's contract, but I have read about cases of other new celebrities without a media track record. Apparently the media companies are used to dealing with people who promise but don't deliver, so the payment of money to the celebrities is directly linked to the amount of audience share generated. If your book, TV show, radio series, podcast, or whatever doesn't hit targets in terms of the size of audience, then you don't get paid.

The amounts of money announced for "deals" are normally estimates of how much the celebrity could gross (before agents fees, etc.) if all the stars align perfectly and they get massive sales or audiences.

The media company may pay an advance fee, but that is normally deducted from later payments (I'll avoid the term "royalties" to avoid confusion here). Some minor celebrities have ended up having to pay back their advance when sales bombed.

I would be very surprised if Spotify paid out any money that isn't directly linked to performance in some way. As I said however I have no inside knowledge of their contract, so that is just speculation on my part.

Of course suggesting that H&M have made any actual tangible cash off this venture is equally speculation as well. It's worth noting though that they don't seem to be in much of a hurry to come out with more podcasts, which you think they would if they were actually making millions off of it.

Last edited:
This is my bench. There are many like it but this one is mine. My bench is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me, my bench is useless. Without my bench I am useless. I must sit on my bench true. I must sit straighter on my bench than my enemy, who is trying to displace me. I must sit still before my enemy displaces me. I will. Before God I swear this creed: my bench and myself are defenders of my country, we are the masters of my enemy, we are the saviors of my life. So be it, until there is no enemy, but peace. Amen.

With apologies to Gny Sgt Hartman

Awol

LE
On Foulness, walking out to the inspection buildings in the breeding season you were always at risk from attack by the Canada Geese. Ended up they started doing something with the eggs to stop them hatching to control numbers. The conservation officer's remedy was to carry a bit of 4x2 and whack them!
When I was about 10 years old I’d cycle to a local stately home lake to fish after school. My dad had purchased a fishing permit for me and my brother to use, but not at the same time. My dad had been buying a permit for the lake for some years (and at some cost, about £125 per year in the mid-1970s), and the joint permit that my brother and I enjoyed was a special favour from the Estate Office. But it meant that if I was there, I was normally there alone.

The location was exclusive, but it was (and still is) a drop dead gorgeous place. The lake was a Capability Brown type of thing and was suitably massive (having no doubt drowned a couple of peasants’ villages in the 18th century) and the estate overall probably covered several thousand acres.

The lake was home to a couple of dozen nasty bastard Canada geese (presumably lost after a strafing attack on Berlin in 1945....). These things could smell the fear of a lonely schoolboy from about a mile away, and one beautiful summer’s evening, I was just packing my paltry fishing kit away (a single rod, a collapsible landing net and the obligatory gas mask case) when I heard the ominous sound of heavy wings splashing into the water just behind me.

To accommodate fishermen the lake had been provided with several dozen tee-shaped wooden stages projecting out about five metres from the shore and I was out at the far end of it.

Nervously, I turned around. Just where the staging reached the bank was an evil fat goose.... about three stone of feathered malice that was staring at me with horrible little eyes. I nervously edged towards the bank and just when I reached a critical point it did a dummy run at me, all hisses and stretched wings, making me run screaming back along the staging.

Within half an hour or so, my nemesis had attracted all his playmates with the noise he was making, and I was surrounded by the horrible fückers with no apparent way of reaching safety. I started to call for help, but the trouble was that there was no one else there. It was the private estate of the local aristocrat and the big house itself was over half a mile away. I knew there were no other fishermen there, because the car park had been empty.... and it was noticeably getting darker.

I tried several more times to escape over the next hour but to no avail and in the end I was just sitting at the end of the staging simply crying.

By some miracle I suddenly heard a voice and out of the dusk appeared a burly gamekeeper, complete with what seemed an enormous shotgun. I’m pretty sure he also had a halo. He strode nonchalantly out onto the the stage and with a few Anglo-Saxon expletives and a bit of the waving of the arms, he easily sent the birds flying off angrily.

To be honest, to a small kid, just being out alone ten miles from home as it was getting dark, was scary. Especially as I knew with some certainty that the closest house was half a mile away. To then face aggressive and dangerous animals (and everyone has been told that a goose’s wing can break an adult’s arm) and it verged on the traumatic, perhaps not for an adult, but definitely for a ten year old kid. Anyway, I was very scared.

Unsurprisingly, I’ve hated geese since that day, and every year I look forward to the Christmas roast with unusual joy.

Bâstard things.

Last edited:

Awol

LE
So the staff bullying allegations with respect to Meghan are a serious matter which in my opinion direct affect whether she can be considered suitable for conducting royal duties. It can take a while to get to the bottom of things, but there is clear precedent in the Canadian GG case which says that it cannot be swept under the carpet if it is found that the allegations are true.
In Canada.

In Canada.
I should have perhaps phrased it as that if Buck House decide to not sweep the matter under the carpet but rather to take steps in response to any report which turned up staff bullying, they can justify whatever steps they take very convincingly based on Canadian precedent. Note that I am not talking about precedents strictly in terms of legal rulings, but rather in terms of what is seen as what is acceptable behaviour and the proper way of dealing with breeches of it. In that case H&M would not be treated unfairly, but rather they would be treated exactly and equally as Canada's GG was.

The most effective thing for Buck House to do would likely be to let the wheels of justice grind ahead slowly but impartially at arm's length. Her Majesty and Charles need do nothing but let events take their natural course.

Meghan is likely aware of all this. What would her reaction to this be if the review comes out unfavourably? Make threats? Try to bargain? Is she feeling the pressure right now? It's an interesting question to contemplate as we try to guess at motives for whatever she is doing in the next while.

Awol

LE
I should have perhaps phrased it as that if Buck House decide to not sweep the matter under the carpet but rather to take steps in response to any report which turned up staff bullying, they can justify whatever steps they take very convincingly based on Canadian precedent. Note that I am not talking about precedents strictly in terms of legal rulings, but rather in terms of what is seen as what is acceptable behaviour and the proper way of dealing with breeches of it. In that case H&M would not be treated unfairly, but rather they would be treated exactly and equally as Canada's GG was.

The most effective thing for Buck House to do would likely be to let the wheels of justice grind ahead slowly but impartially at arm's length. Her Majesty and Charles need do nothing but let events take their natural course.

Meghan is likely aware of all this. What would her reaction to this be if the review comes out unfavourably? Make threats? Try to bargain? Is she feeling the pressure right now? It's an interesting question to contemplate as we try to guess at motives for whatever she is doing in the next while.
I think that British law probably provides enough existing legislation that counters bullying, that it would be unnecessary to point to Canada’s (very sensible) precedent.

I suspect that H&M are just being gradually fed enough rope to hang themselves in the court of world opinion, something they are clearly already doing themselves with gusto, apparently blind to the fact that they are being outplayed at every turn by the RF.

Living as they do in their bubble, surrounded by very well paid sycophants who are more than happy to feed their paranoias and obsessions and who are trying to keep the massively lucrative gravy train on the rails for as long as possible, they are blind and deaf to a rapidly changing world opinion, discounting any adverse reporting as being the work of bitter racists (because, everyone who says anything negative about them is always racist).

Therefore their little bubble is on a downward spiral and as they sink ever lower, they just have to keep poking the tiger that is the Royal Family, completely unaware that it can bite their heads off with ease at any moment.

I’ve made this point before.... the Palace is quietly sitting on the Nuclear Option. When the Californian Irritation gets too much, all the Palace have to do is leak the Hewitt files, separated from themselves by several layers of deniability. The thing doesn’t even have to be true (like everyone else, I certainly don’t know the truth, although I have strong suspicions), all it has to have is plausibility. In an instant, Prince Harry morphs into plain Mr Harry Hewitt, and as he not magically Disneyland Royal any more, gets dropped by the US lovies like a ton of hot bricks and instantly ruined.

He must be stupid not to see it.