Harry and Megan: How long will it last?

How long

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
Omid Scobie says Harry must have definitely mentioned the name to HM The Queen.

If I remember rightly Omid Scobie and some other person wrote a book about Harry and Meghan without actually researching any info.

Perhaps that's how Omid (odd name) obtained his info this time.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer

If I remember rightly Omid Scobie and some other person wrote a book about Harry and Meghan without actually researching any info.

'Mentioning and gaining approval or acceptance are polls apart.

I'm sure Omid knows that; he seems a grounded sort.

syrup

LE
A Solicitor losing her job, over a comment that I dont find offensive, are we not allowed to make jokes any more
frankly I hope Joanna moves elsewhere workwise and makes a shit load of money

Thing is with these tow clowns they wanted Privacy but to control what they wanted out there.

They will get that very soon as they gradually shut down all form of comment about them.

Pretty soon the only way they will get stuff out there is to leak it through Scooby Doo

A Solicitor losing her job, over a comment that I dont find offensive, are we not allowed to make jokes any more
frankly I hope Joanna moves elsewhere workwise and makes a shit load of money

H&M seem to be extremely toxic and causing a lot of upset around them (here, USA, Australia....) Yes, they should be given the privacy they "crave" and no more interest from media and more importantly no more interest from the likes of Hello magazine and all the others. Let them wallow in California in the mess they have made for themselves and watch others make a wonderful success of their lives. As always, it's the children you have to feel sorrow for but maybe they can go back to the surrogate parents.
(Allegedly etc etc etc)

Dwarf

LE
What he said

I really like this bloke, he shoots from the hip. He finishes by saying that tens of thousands of Brits are asking for H&M's titles and rank to be put in abeyance. That Harry should give up his titles walk into the Californian sunset and stay there.

It raises a few questions, one being if at any point in the future Harry could have a future in the UK? Possibly post_Meghan? I can't see him being popular at all and the amends he would have to make would be enormous to do any damage control at all. But when it all collapses what on earth could he turn his hand to?

Another being the possibility if enough people signed the petition to have his titles revoked if HMQ would actually do so. I know she is ruled by protocol but at the end of the day it is she who can change protocol by virtue of being the gaffer. Also he's her grandson and it would hurt to do so, but if there was a huge call for it?

The logical, and decent thing when Harry retired into a 'private' life would have been to renounce his titles, but there is no way that Queen Meghan would ever let him do that no matter how great the pressure. It also underlines their intentions of using their position to make moolah and be famous that they could not do so.

Another being the possibility if enough people signed the petition to have his titles revoked if HMQ would actually do so. I know she is ruled by protocol but at the end of the day it is she who can change protocol by virtue of being the gaffer. Also he's her grandson and it would hurt to do so, but if there was a huge call for it?

That is absolutely no possibility whatsoever of that happening.

The nearest she ever came to responding to the great unwashed was when that bloody flag was lowered to half-mast when Diana died. There are many who think that even that was a mistake.

Aphra

Clanker
As we've all seen, Omid Scobie (shudder) is making the most of his 15 minutes and it crossed my mind that his co-author, Carolyn Durand, seemed to have been less keen to enter the fray as I don't recall seeing much from her in the media. I wondered if she was perhaps regretting her involvement? How wrong I was. A quick search revealed her latest pearl in the Independent headlined thusly:

‘Lilibet’s birth will be a powerful reminder for Harry and Meghan that they made the right choice to leave’​

going on to rehash all the reasons they've previously done to death and fawning over the dreadful pair in a way that makes Scobie look restrained. Apologies for not posting a link but it's easy to find should you want to.

Edited for spelling.

syrup

LE
As we've all seen, Omid Scobie (shudder) is making the most of his 15 minutes and it crossed my mind that his co-author, Carolyn Durand, seemed to have been less keen to enter the fray as I don't recall seeing much from her in the media. I wondered if she was perhaps regretting her involvement? How wrong I was. A quick search revealed her latest pearl in the Independent headlined thusly:

‘Lilibet’s birth will be a powerful reminder for Harry and Meghan that they made the right choice to leave’​

going on to rehash all the reasons they've previously done to death and fawning over the dreadful pair in a way that makes Scobie look restrained. Apologies for not posting a link but it's easy to find should you want to.

Edited for spelling.

So Scooby Doo reckons that naming the sprog after grannie will remind them that it was a good idea to leave
Presumably that will be because of all the bad parenting, grandparenting and racism.

Wow that's some tribute

Good job they aren't practising Jews or the next kid might have been called Adolf in tribute to his work

Aphra

Clanker
So Scooby Doo reckons that naming the sprog after grannie will remind them that it was a good idea to leave
Presumably that will be because of all the bad parenting, grandparenting and racism.

Wow that's some tribute

Good job they aren't practising Jews or the next kid might have been called Adolf in tribute to his work
It's the other one, Durand, that's saying it, but I agree with your conclusions. As a Red Sea Pedestrian myself, your last sentence had me chuckling. One of my aunties was proud to call herself a 'twobee' and could not be persuaded that it should be 'fourbee', bless her.

Lilibet is a charming name, but to make it more accessible to the American media I think it should more properly be hyphenated, as with other mainstream forenames such as Billy-Bob and Betty-Sue.

Apologies for not posting a link but it's easy to find should you want to.
Thank you, but I’d rather eat my own Scrotum. Respect to you for taking a hit for the team and trawling through that dirge, so we didn’t have to!

I really like this bloke, he shoots from the hip. He finishes by saying that tens of thousands of Brits are asking for H&M's titles and rank to be put in abeyance. That Harry should give up his titles walk into the Californian sunset and stay there.

It raises a few questions, one being if at any point in the future Harry could have a future in the UK? Possibly post_Meghan? I can't see him being popular at all and the amends he would have to make would be enormous to do any damage control at all. But when it all collapses what on earth could he turn his hand to?

The logical, and decent thing when Harry retired into a 'private' life would have been to renounce his titles, but there is no way that Queen Meghan would ever let him do that no matter how great the pressure. It also underlines their intentions of using their position to make moolah and be famous that they could not do so.
To me it seems it all went to rat shit when he became CG RAF Regt the shame would make anyone want to become a recluse tbh

Thing is with these tow clowns they wanted Privacy but to control what they wanted out there.

They will get that very soon as they gradually shut down all form of comment about them.

Pretty soon the only way they will get stuff out there is to leak it through Scooby Doo
best someone sorts Scooby doo with the business end of a cricket bat rapidly then

I get the impression that if Harry told Meghan to do whatever the colloquilaism is for "I've had enough, pack your bags and piss off" then he would probably be welcomed back by the majority. In general the mood would change to "You were a muppet, you messed up, now get your head down and get back to work" and in a couple of years he'd be back to being accepted.

The divorce proceedings would be fun though, In the red corner you have the wokist american glitterati and in the blue corner the British establishment.

Cromarty

War Hero

I thought his name was Omit Not-a-Scooby.