Harry and Megan: How long will it last?

How long

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Partnership with a global Multinational eh?

Seems they are full of woke direction for the masses, but when it comes to cold hard cash, they'll bend over for anyone.

Who next? Partnership with Daesh?

More do as I say, not as I do from Mr and Mrs Cúnt.

I can only think that she hates Kate because she is everything she is not, a nice person who didn't trap her Prince with open legs or have to fight for a contract the same way because of a lack of talent to reach the top.
Simply by being herself Kate puts Meggie in a not so good light and that's what a narcissist can't stand, an unfavourable comparison. A shame, she might have learned a lot.

That depends on which story you believe.

We invited an American couple that were on a simulation course I was teaching to dinner one night and all they did all evening was talk money - what salaries other employees were on, office politics etc. I remember when we went to Venice a few years ago and were sitting in a canalside restaurant near the Rialto bridge. I was earwigging 3 Americans (2 women, 1 man) at the next table, exactly the same - money, money, money, nothing about where they were and what they had seen, they might as well have been in a restaurant in New York. The truth is, Americans have no conversation outside of their own little materialistic world - they are not told anything about what goes on in the wider world so they don't know anything else to talk about.

I remember a piece about dating in the US. It said something like, for middle-classes or those with aspirations, it's always worth going on dates with women with a copy of your pay slip in your pocket, so that you get all out there first to avoid an embarrassments. heartbreaks or disappointment later on when it does become shared.

Noted but- soupçon uses a circumflexything. A combat indicator of a language that is lacking. It’s also ‘in your facey ffrenchyness’. Words such as beret etc are passable, I suppose but..when they start pushing boundaries and ramming it down your throat with their ç àáê etc then a line must be drawn!
Ahem. Soupçon has a cedilla. In French, use of a circonflex - ^ - generally indicates adding an ‘s’ after that letter will give you the English word (near as dammit), eg hôtel = hostel/hotel; mât = mast.

I remember a piece about dating in the US. It said something like, for middle-classes or those with aspirations, it's always worth going on dates with women with a copy of your pay slip in your pocket, so that you get all out there first to avoid an embarrassments. heartbreaks or disappointment later on when it does become shared.
My Bold. That statement highlights the perceived shallowness and totally money orientated mind set of middle class Septics. Money is everything, all else becomes a secondary consideration.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
Ahem. Soupçon has a cedilla. In French, use of a circonflex - ^ - generally indicates adding an ‘s’ after that letter will give you the English word (near as dammit), eg hôtel = hostel/hotel; mât = mast.
Apparently, if you catch one they nearly always get away. They can grow new tails and legs and everything.

My Bold. That statement highlights the perceived shallowness and totally money orientated mind set of middle class Septics. Money is everything, all else becomes a secondary consideration.

It is a very consumer driven culture, but hypergamy is not just a game for Yanks.

A gold digger is still a gold digger no matter how beautiful she is.

...hubby's big bro will always be the bigger deal as a future king and that nice Kate will be a future queen. How dare she be better or a bigger deal than me!? After all the schlong I've had to do gargle?...

Gratis

Have a look at the record of women in Hollywood and the fashion world who built their careers on their looks rather than other talents. How many are known for being kind, modest, and generous? Being a poisonous personality is built into the culture of Hollywood and the fashion industry. You claw your way to the top of the pecking order while everyone above you shits on you from a great height, and you return the favour to everyone below you that you can.

I'm sure there are some nice actresses and models, but they tend to be outnumbered by the not so nice ones.

The only thing that can be said in favour of wealthy men marrying trophy wives is that the sort of man who would want one is also the sort of man who deserves to be inflicted with one.

Not that I'm saying that any of the above applies to anyone relevant to this thread. I would say though that if I was looking for a wife I would look elsewhere other than the entertainment industry.
I think I mentioned something about this earlier in the thread - it's US culture full stop. I've worked for some major consultancies with US clients and the expectation is that you are shat on when you are on the bottom of the ladder so one of the perks of climbing the corporate greasy is to sht on your subordinates on the way up because it's what happened to you. I liken it to "your turn in the barrel sailor".

Ditto the ostentatious show of wealth. An interesting article in today's Daily Heil about the queen being frugal and continuing to use an old bakolite dial phone (though probably not that frugal given the extent to which an analogue antique has had to be integrated into a digital secure comms network) to make calls.

A few years ago we did the obligatory 2 weeks of Disney and I signed up to one of the timeshare sales pitches (free week's pass to a theme park and $200 for sitting through a pressure sales pitch and repeating the line "I don't care how great you tell me it is, there's no value proposition for me here so thanks but no thanks, now where do I collect my $200?). At the sign-in stage I had to tell them my income bracket and I was immediately assigned their super-duper highest revenue generating mega-salesman replete with a sports-coat and slacks louder than a Foo Fighters gig and Jimmy Saville levels of drooped bling. 10 mins was spent with him telling me how successful he was and inviting me to share in his success (thanks but no thanks there John, now where's my $200?). The sales pitch was all about the status symbol of owning a share in a multi-million $$ pad (so not actually multi million if a 1/100th share costs me $33k - to me it's a $33k pad I can only use some of the time amounting to 1 week every 2 years or downtrade to one of their more motel type gaffs whenever I want). The value proposition was "brag about owning a bit of a $3.3m apartment to your mates but never get to actually use it unless you buy more unit shares or maybe once every couple of years you can bring them along an show them how successful you are for a whole week". I could find better things to spunk $33k on than week in every 2 years taking my mates off to a luxury 3 bed resort trying to pretend to them I had more than a fractional time share, but the Yanks were lapping it up and in the 2 hours I was there being passed up the sales food chain to the Executive Vice President and Galactic Commander of Sales who could offer me a better deal than the last Supreme Leader of the Tills as authorised to do (cheers John, where's my $200?) 3 families were stood on the podium rang the bells, got showered in confetti and stood there like lemmings while they boomed out "celebrate" by Cool and the Gang on the sound system in return for a chunk of their savings they'd now invested in the American Dream.

By the time we'd been harangued by at least 3 people with the word "president" in their job title we were quietly ushered downstairs to a back door and told to sign for our $200 pre-paid amex card and SeaWorld pass like prisoners getting their kit back from stores on the way out of pokey. They don't take rejection well these "winners at life".

I think I mentioned something about this earlier in the thread - it's US culture full stop. I've worked for some major consultancies with US clients and the expectation is that you are shat on when you are on the bottom of the ladder so one of the perks of climbing the corporate greasy is to sht on your subordinates on the way up because it's what happened to you. I liken it to "your turn in the barrel sailor".

Ditto the ostentatious show of wealth. An interesting article in today's Daily Heil about the queen being frugal and continuing to use an old bakolite dial phone (though probably not that frugal given the extent to which an analogue antique has had to be integrated into a digital secure comms network) to make calls.

A few years ago we did the obligatory 2 weeks of Disney and I signed up to one of the timeshare sales pitches (free week's pass to a theme park and $200 for sitting through a pressure sales pitch and repeating the line "I don't care how great you tell me it is, there's no value proposition for me here so thanks but no thanks, now where do I collect my $200?). At the sign-in stage I had to tell them my income bracket and I was immediately assigned their super-duper highest revenue generating mega-salesman replete with a sports-coat and slacks louder than a Foo Fighters gig and Jimmy Saville levels of drooped bling. 10 mins was spent with him telling me how successful he was and inviting me to share in his success (thanks but no thanks there John, now where's my $200?). The sales pitch was all about the status symbol of owning a share in a multi-million $$ pad (so not actually multi million if a 1/100th share costs me $33k - to me it's a $33k pad I can only use some of the time amounting to 1 week every 2 years or downtrade to one of their more motel type gaffs whenever I want). The value proposition was "brag about owning a bit of a $3.3m apartment to your mates but never get to actually use it unless you buy more unit shares or maybe once every couple of years you can bring them along an show them how successful you are for a whole week". I could find better things to spunk $33k on than week in every 2 years taking my mates off to a luxury 3 bed resort trying to pretend to them I had more than a fractional time share, but the Yanks were lapping it up and in the 2 hours I was there being passed up the sales food chain to the Executive Vice President and Galactic Commander of Sales who could offer me a better deal than the last Supreme Leader of the Tills as authorised to do (cheers John, where's my $200?) 3 families were stood on the podium rang the bells, got showered in confetti and stood there like lemmings while they boomed out "celebrate" by Cool and the Gang on the sound system in return for a chunk of their savings they'd now invested in the American Dream.

By the time we'd been harangued by at least 3 people with the word "president" in their job title we were quietly ushered downstairs to a back door and told to sign for our $200 pre-paid amex card and SeaWorld pass like prisoners getting their kit back from stores on the way out of pokey. They don't take rejection well these "winners at life".

We did similar in the Dominican Republic a few years back. But before we got Mr Bling for the hard-sell, we had a 30-something handsome and articulate Venezuelan Dentist to do the donkey work. He sorrowfully told us he wasn't allowed to practice in the DR and selling time share to Fat Canadian's (not me BTW, I'm English) is all anyone would offer him.

It can't have been empowering buttering up tired tourists to hand over to fat blingy gobby American's to claim the big prizes.

For about 0.5 milliseconds I felt sorry for him and thought about asking where to sign

Last edited:

I inherited Holiday Property Bonds off my dad when he died. An odd timeshare scheme where you still have to pay maintenance costs for your 2 weeks holiday (that is similar price if an actual holiday off the internet).
I got the hard sell of investing more money into the scheme, but I did not like the idea of being tied to their resorts and having to pay market rates for the privilege on top of a hefty "investment".

Lots of BS about exclusive accommodation and not having to mix with normal people etc. I could not see the value in it. Bragging rights to have a choice of holidays from a small pool if properties and cut yourself off from the open market place.

I ended up cashing in the bonds, but the kicker was 25% if my dad's original "investment" was taken as commission at the start of the policy.

Last edited:
I’m quite impressed with your pedantry output these past few weeks. There have been a few notable exclamations.
Long may it continue!

Partnership with a global Multinational eh?

Seems they are full of woke direction for the masses, but when it comes to cold hard cash, they'll bend over for anyone.

Who next? Partnership with Daesh?

More do as I say, not as I do from Mr and Mrs Cúnt.
The same one she wrote to as a kid and expressed her outrage and moral indignation at the sexism in their advertising strategy, which set her trail blazing as the champion of wimmins rites that she is?

There isn't a whiff of hypocrisy anywhere in this sordid tale of selling your integrity to the highest bidder and you would be an out and out racist member of the patrimony, or the Royal Family, for even unconsciously thinking it. Megain is oppressed.

Latest Threads