Harry and Megan: How long will it last?

How long

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

woger wabbit

War Hero
Andrew has been an Honorary Vice Admiral since 2015

Was due to be promoted to full Honorary Admiral in 2020 but then all that noise around Epstein and car crash interview led to a view being formed that this would have more than a slight whiff of being........ inappropriate.

Fact he even considered now trying to ponce around as a full Admiral in these circumstances is simply nauseating.

Harry has wilfully cast aside his heritage and links.

Quite rightly both been told to get stuffed.

If it makes them feel better, understand Hugo Boss still do a line in black suits.
Andrews' promotion to Admiral was deferred because he stood down from any Royal duties, as for Mr Markel he quit Royal duties and lost his military appointments so he is not entitled to wear any uniform, however if the other members of the family who have the right to wear their uniforms are not allowed to because it would embarrass Harry, well he should be embarrassed and shown up for what he is, a scheming, vindictive brat, end of. Meagain I understand has made arrangements to watch the funeral by a private link, is she interested in the service? no she is interested in seeing how Harry is treated and hoping to have ammunition for further gripes at the Royal Family, wait out.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Rose Hanbury's husband to make a point after spreading lies about an affair between her and William when RH was seated next to Harry at the Spanish State Banquet that Mrs Sussex was not invited to? (Colour me surprised why you would not want the inexperienced / a loose cannon at a state banquet. ) Only for solace, you understand, not to undermine a Court Official and friend of the family - she'd not be doing it for maximum impact on three fronts at all........
I don't know the story behind this, who claimed there was an affair, Rose Hanbury or her husband, the Marquess of Cholmondeley ?

I understand she has made herself toxic to the LA elite and USA super-rich - her next logical step - simply with the toxic non-conformism she has so publically displayed.

Others have pointed out that after a lifetime of trying to force her way up and fit in, the struggle is now automatic and she wll never be happy or take on the values and unwritten rules of her new sphere becuase she can't adapt. Others have risen from less, with more struggle and merged as high or higher more successfully, so it is not impossible.

All of it wasted effort.
Rose Hanbury or the underfunded and oppressed Californian goffel ?

Around the time of the Spanish State banquet, it was leaked that an affair was taking place between Rose/ William . There was a subsequent social seperation between the two married couples, who had been close friends, living near to each other, for a while. This was taken by the press, 'naturally' as proof of 'something up'. (In hindsight is was probably common discretion to avoid further tonguewaggery).

After Megxit, the Cholmondleys were seen and photographed walking to church, very pointedly in the Queen's party with Catherine and William. They would not normally have attended in this way or been with the principals.

Meghan had wanted to be present at the state banquet. I understand that Catherine did not immediately attend State banquets as I imagaine that you would want discretion and experience at a set piece diplomatic event like this. Rose, Catherine's close friend, was seated next to Harry. Rose's friend husband is the Chamberlain (?). Perfect target if you want to go nuclear. This was leaked through Giles Coren's twitter feed during Meghan's social weekend with her friends Amsterdam

NB - Coren's tweet Screenshot - before it was taken down

NB2 - also note
Rose's position in the entry procession: right behind Catherine. Not the place of a woman Catherine is avoiding all evening, although they may have avoided close scrutiny together under the circumstances. (Press pictures of Rose and one other guest in the same corridor claiming that this was her position at the tail end of the procession looks like more like a loo break IMvHO)

Nothing wrong with being a model / anyone and marrying up, especially of you can fit in with needs of the family you are marrying into, learn and manage the fulfill the sensible expectations your new family life requires of you. You can bring much that is new and useful to the table. Problem is when you are new , bullheaded and determined that all tables should now be wheelbarrows, regardless of reason.

Last edited:
I am still wondering what Meghan has planned for Saturday now her plans are being somewhat thwarted by HM The Queen.
In actual fact I reckon a lot of it is put together by Meghan's other gang of children who call themselves the PR team. After all Harry could not be bothered about visiting when his grandfather was very ill. So, why bother now?
Nobody likes him -
he isn't allowed to wear a uniform -
set apart from those he would like to have started a row with.
I assume he is there because Meghan said he had to be when she sets up her little performance.
Apparently her friend Gayle King is hosting a live CBS special prior to the Funeral..... and *shock* she has a "special guest". So Megs get to have her say immediately before the funeral begins with nobody around to challenge her. The gopping bint.

Apparently her friend Gayle King is hosting a live CBS special prior to the Funeral..... and *shock* she has a "special guest". So Megs get to have her say immediately before the funeral begins with nobody around to challenge her. The gopping bint.
Plus she’ll have all the time Harry is away. Short of a private aircraft, Harry won’t get a flight to LAX before Sunday morning at the earliest, plus 11h or so in the air.
A lot of damage could be done in that time.
Still, if Harry has to stay, let’s hope for some good heart to heart chats in the family overnight.

ipso_facto

War Hero
Andrews' promotion to Admiral was deferred because he stood down from any Royal duties...

That's the propaganda. In reality Andrew was sacked by the Queen or as the rumours go, it was Prince Charles who insisted he needs to be retired(removed). Given the circumstances, like Harry he should not have the right to any military uniform or his title of HRH.

The idiot comes out and says a few words about The Queen, says he loved Prince Philip as a father (a most odd comment) and thinks he can be rehabilitated. He then insists on playing dress up. How tone deaf and arrogant can he be?!

That's the propaganda. In reality Andrew was sacked by the Queen or as the rumours go, it was Prince Charles who insisted he needs to be retired(removed). Given the circumstances, like Harry he should not have the right to any military uniform or his title of HRH.

The idiot comes out and says a few words about The Queen, says he loved Prince Philip as a father (a most odd comment) and thinks he can be rehabilitated. He then insists on playing dress up. How tone deaf and arrogant can he be?!

I found his comment that Philip was 'the Nation's Grandfather' to be nauseatingly Blair-ish

Andrew is a knob. I know that because I know a few who served under him or alongside him.
What is this rehabilitation you speak of though? From What?
Essentially a group of tabloids have found someone to "diss him".
He is maybe guilty of having had dodgy acquaintences.

We may now wish to make comparisons against a former prime minister maybe??

I'd be the last person to stick up for Andrew or "H" as he preferred to be called onboard. The bloke who insisted he took his security detail through the fire sims at Phoenix with him but- he's been found guilty of feck all and at best is just a media pile-on traducing.

ipso_facto

War Hero
Andrew is a knob. I know that because I know a few who served under him or alongside him.
What is this rehabilitation you speak of though? From What?
Essentially a group of tabloids have found someone to "diss him".
He is maybe guilty of having had dodgy acquaintences.

We may now wish to make comparisons against a former prime minister maybe??

I'd be the last person to stick up for Andrew or "H" as he preferred to be called onboard. The bloke who insisted he took his security detail through the fire sims at Phoenix with him but- he's been found guilty of feck all and at best is just a media pile-on traducing.

So, you reckon he will come out of 'retirement' smelling of roses, resume all his duties and patronages, and the public will welcome him back with open arms crowning him with a halo for his stoical forbearance under such difficult circumstances?

Many people admire The Queen, including me, but it's possible once she goes the Royal Family may not survive if they continue to shield this 'knob' from answering questions like other mere mortals.

All this concentration on Ginger and Nutmeg is a distraction. They made their bed and they're going to lie in it. The more sophisticated UK population does not accept Nutmeg's ramblings anyway. They are not the one's to bring down the monarchy.

Last edited:
So, you reckon he will come out of 'retirement' smelling of roses, resume all his duties and patronages, and the public will welcome him back with open arms crowning him with a halo for his stoical forbearance under such difficult circumstances?

As much as I admire of The Queen, it's a possibility once she goes the Royal Family may not survive if they continue to shield this 'knob' from answering questions like other mere mortals.

All this concentration on Ginger and Nutmeg is a distraction. They made their bed and they're going to lie in it. The more sophisticated UK population does not accept Nutmeg's ramblings anyway. They are not the one's to bring down the monarchy.
You did not read my comment right.

Try again.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer

Many people admire The Queen, including me, but it's possible once she goes the Royal Family may not survive if they continue to shield this 'knob' from answering questions like other mere mortals.

Did you get your username from ironybay.com ?

Given the circumstances, like Harry he should not have the right to any military uniform or his title of HRH.

It's clear he was planning a "grand re-entrance" of sorts, he even had his tailor make up a full Admiral's uniform for the occasion

Dwarf

LE
No matter how uncomfortable he is with Meggie Sharptongue right now he'll go back for Archie. His sense of duty is still there but directed to the sprog.
Besides even trailer-trash is probably astute enough to make sure he is getting cuddles when he is a good boy, with the opposite when she doesn't get her way.

Dwarf's read too many Barabara Cartland novels ....... this a TRUE romance. You know, like Wallis and David had to make of it for years, for face, despite Jimmy Donahue and the rest of it.

Was it here that I read that Mrs Sussex will be commentating the Funeral broadcast in the US, sitting by her new best friend Gayle King?

Unmuzzled and unchaperoned. This will bring things to a speedy conclusion. * Meghan doesn't realise that she is already the dead fox on the roadside: any profile she thinks she can gain by this is merely equivalent to misfired nerve twitching. She forgets how much of her own 'following' is mainly purchased.

For those who think 'deny Phil the uniformed respect and those who represent regiments the chance to represent" I think that a very subtle management is happening, which, from what I understand , is a discrection HRHPPtDoE would have approved.

He should have been attended by full rig, but better he is laid to rest without distractive attendant media mavenning.

ETA* She already has no care what damage the Oprah interview did to her reputation in the UK, and continues to have no idea what damage the Oprah interview has done to her reputation in the US. LA smiles to her face, but no one will be available to take up her invitations, or include her - being the liability who sells other's privacy as she has shown herself to be. And that is without the shysterly business around undermining contract exclusivity

Last edited:

Dwarf

LE

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
I'm chuckling, as I had to do a double take. The advert currently at the bottom of this page is:
Screenshot 2021-04-17 at 10.08.59.png

Latest Threads