Harry and Megan: How long will it last?

How long

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The whole soap opera has become so cringeworthy it makes my teeth itch, but neither side is going to come out of this favourably at all. A dignified silence is being held by certain RF members perhaps, but the reports now coming out about royal staff being 'traumatised' and unable to work is also ultimate cringe...

....a working life of being an overdressed sycophantic lickspittle with an average day with nothing more stressful than being spent polishing some silverware or plumping up some pillows and then because the new boss is a bit of a dragon and takes you out of your very, very comfortable Comfort Zone it suddenly becomes the end of the world...

The more stories that come out that are intended to rattle Meghan's cage and prove the 'nasty boss' bit the more the gloss comes off the whole RF saga. Harry has started something that is going to prove difficult to put a stop to...

Unsympathetic news editors will pounce on easy meat stories like this one now about Meghan. Not just British press either, this report is Australian.

"......one incident that caused alarm occurred when Meghan hosted a shooting party at Sandringham for Harry’s friends, shortly after their engagement...
She had ordered personally embroidered red blankets for each guest... but when they arrived, they weren’t the right shade of red for Meghan and she went mental at Melissa (Touabti),” the source said. Will she sue the papers over that one as well?

HCL

LE
I don't disagree - but our (unwritten) constitution, and the democracy (such as it is) on which it is founded assumes the Crown to be sufficiently potent to hold Parliament to account.

In turn, this assumes the Crown to have sufficient power (and therefore a power base) to exercise that authority unchallenged and effectively.

It also assumes that Parliament can and will - when necessary - be held to account.

Right now, the Crown is devoid of power, so the assumed checks and balances are non-existent

Mother of all Parliaments?

It's a sham.

Agreed, total sham.

The crown's powers though are held through nominally by the Cabinet but effectively by the First Lord of the Treasury.

The POTUS is impotent compared to what Boris can get up to. Good being a Brit, init.

I'm inclined to reinforce my '5 years' prediction in the poll above, possibly leaning toward 6 or 7. The stress of life with MM must be getting to Henry; I haven't seen a smile from him in any news site for ages now. The reasonably credible stuff about her bullying manner will be tearfully countered in the fat African-American woman's interview tomorrow, no doubt, but then all the other side of the story will be released. I feel for our Monarch, for whom I have nothing but amazed respect.

Does anyone remember the British Ambassador to South Africa and his wife, Boateng? She and he had a similar sense of self-importance and superiority to those around them; it's all so strangely alike.

Interesting interview here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Let's assume some or all of this happened as said - this would mean that Harry goes from fanny-struck dimwit who would be welcomed back once reality hit and he crawled back with his tail between his legs, to being complicit and being partly responsible for putting established staff through shit and affecting their wellbeing.

I suppose the truth lies somewhere in between but it isn't pretty, or forgivable.

1st result in google says ginge is worth $10 million.

But the thick **** wants to live an unhappy life with an aging psycho spunk bucket ?

madness...

Let's assume some or all of this happened as said - this would mean that Harry goes from fanny-struck dimwit who would be welcomed back once reality hit and he crawled back with his tail between his legs, to being complicit and being partly responsible for putting established staff through shit and affecting their wellbeing.

I suppose the truth lies somewhere in between but it isn't pretty, or forgivable.
I do think that whatever the case is, he isn't going to be Great in the entertainment industry, and he isn't going to be Great in much else. His Missus is pretty poor in all of that. Let's face it; he's fucked.

...to someone else......

The whole soap opera has become so cringeworthy it makes my teeth itch, but neither side is going to come out of this favourably at all. A dignified silence is being held by certain RF members perhaps, but the reports now coming out about royal staff being 'traumatised' and unable to work is also ultimate cringe...

....a working life of being an overdressed sycophantic lickspittle with an average day with nothing more stressful than being spent polishing some silverware or plumping up some pillows and then because the new boss is a bit of a dragon and takes you out of your very, very comfortable Comfort Zone it suddenly becomes the end of the world...

The more stories that come out that are intended to rattle Meghan's cage and prove the 'nasty boss' bit the more the gloss comes off the whole RF saga. Harry has started something that is going to prove difficult to put a stop to...

Unsympathetic news editors will pounce on easy meat stories like this one now about Meghan. Not just British press either, this report is Australian.

"......one incident that caused alarm occurred when Meghan hosted a shooting party at Sandringham for Harry’s friends, shortly after their engagement...
She had ordered personally embroidered red blankets for each guest... but when they arrived, they weren’t the right shade of red for Meghan and she went mental at Melissa (Touabti),” the source said. Will she sue the papers over that one as well?
My God. Next it'll be that she flipped because the blue M&Ms hadn't been removed from the sweet bowl.

“He was furious and shouted: ‘What Meghan wants, Meghan gets.’ Suffice to say it didn’t go down too well.”

Says it all about Harry, in my opinion. Too bad too, as he was a likable enough bloke as a Rupert (or chinless wonder) and his Invictis Games did provide something for the injured veteran to strive for after service. No thanks to that toxic bitch he married it's all going to go bust.

CBS Network carries the Troublesome Twosome being interviewed by Oprah the Whale in prime time, but I won't be watching.

Oprah Blowhole.JPG

Dwarf

LE
1st result in google says ginge is worth $10 million.

But the thick **** wants to live an unhappy life with an aging psycho spunk bucket ?

madness...
Pure Shakespeare that. But succint and to the point.
Well put.

To be fair Lewis Hamilton has no problem racing in Saudi, so being a hypocrite is the height of wokeness

Pedant Head on - Bahrain and the Emirates. They never have had F1 in Saudi - Pedant head off.

I'm guessing lokiuk's reference was to Hamilton's refusal to condemn the decision to stage a GP in KSA this year? LH was asked by several NGOs and rights groups to speak out/call for a boycott and said something to the effect that cutting off regimes with poor human rights records wasn't productive and there needed to be some engagement (i.e. 'I'm going to participate in the race' - he may have subsequently said this, but I don't hang on his every word. Or on any of them, thinking about it).

I'm not sure when, or if, he realised that he'd retrospectively appeared to provide justification for all the rebel sporting tours of South Africa when Mssrs Vorster, Viljoen, Botha & deKlerk were in office...

Agreed, total sham.

The crown's powers though are held through nominally by the Cabinet but effectively by the First Lord of the Treasury.

The POTUS is impotent compared to what Boris can get up to. Good being a Brit, init.

The crown hasn't been able to hold parliament to any sort of real account since William IV sacked Lord Melbourne in 1834. The reserve powers - which aren't a sham, but possibly because no monarch has been in a position to have to use them - are the nuclear option for some pretty dire situations which involve (in effect) the PM/government refusing to abide by the law and precedent.

They're 'break glass in case of dire constitutional emergency' powers, and despite the heat and noise surrounding Brexit, we've never come close to their having to be used. Whether this means that they are a good thing (an ultimate safety net, not beholden to any electoral interest) or not (spectacular effects, but almost impossible to envisage a scenario where they'd actually be required) is open to debate.

That the Duchess of Sussex would be an utter disaster should we get to a position where she held those powers through her hold on King Henry IX's testicles or as an elected head of state is almost certainly not up for debate...

Awol

LE
I'm guessing lokiuk's reference was to Hamilton's refusal to condemn the decision to stage a GP in KSA this year? LH was asked by several NGOs and rights groups to speak out/call for a boycott and said something to the effect that cutting off regimes with poor human rights records wasn't productive and there needed to be some engagement (i.e. 'I'm going to participate in the race' - he may have subsequently said this, but I don't hang on his every word. Or on any of them, thinking about it).

I'm not sure when, or if, he realised that he'd retrospectively appeared to provide justification for all the rebel sporting tours of South Africa when Mssrs Vorster, Viljoen, Botha & deKlerk were in office...

The crown hasn't been able to hold parliament to any sort of real account since William IV sacked Lord Melbourne in 1834. The reserve powers - which aren't a sham, but possibly because no monarch has been in a position to have to use them - are the nuclear option for some pretty dire situations which involve (in effect) the PM/government refusing to abide by the law and precedent.

They're 'break glass in case of dire constitutional emergency' powers, and despite the heat and noise surrounding Brexit, we've never come close to their having to be used. Whether this means that they are a good thing (an ultimate safety net, not beholden to any electoral interest) or not (spectacular effects, but almost impossible to envisage a scenario where they'd actually be required) is open to debate.

That the Duchess of Sussex would be an utter disaster should we get to a position where she held those powers through her hold on King Henry IX's testicles or as an elected head of state is almost certainly not up for debate...
Didn’t HMQ allegedly get close to invoking the Royal Perogative in a situation concerning Blair?

My memory is unclear, but I’ve got this feeling that Charlie was involved and that Blair was trying to do something (akin to selling the UK to a small French town for personal profit) and the RF slapped him down, either officially, or whilst he was sitting in the back of an Uno.

Maybe others will remember better than I.

This has been flying around Social media and it’s laughable to think this is a big decoy / distraction.

FCD65AE7-EF24-49DC-8829-EC79AB9587F8.jpeg

Not that anyone with a bit of savvy can Make their own judgement whether to watch the media Circus that will unveil in the next 24 hours.

cheers

syrup

LE
According to todays media tonight the sainted one will explain that Archie isn't a prince because the RF wanted to see how dark he would be.

Latest Threads