Harry and Megan: How long will it last?

How long

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just watching the RF ‘A team’ showing what celebrating diversity is really about on the BBC just now - A Celebration for Commonwealth Day.
Done with dignity and style - unlike the alternative shit show on the other side of the Atlantic.

exsniffer

Old-Salt
To be fair Lewis Hamilton has no problem racing in Saudi, so being a hypocrite is the height of wokeness
Pedant Head on - Bahrain and the Emirates. They never have had F1 in Saudi - Pedant head off.

Lol

66211AB7-AE70-4764-A6F6-A492D3103BFB.jpeg

Just a thought....Meegain is black.
Why is she with a pallid ginger, the ultimate in white?
Why is she not with a big black man?
Has she ever been seen out with a black man?

Asking because she seems to be an example of cultural misappropriation in not being united with her 'black culture.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
Hmm lots of anti RF crap being hurled around already ..
snip "US CELEBRITIES have rallied around Meghan Markle ahead of her interview with Oprah Winfrey, with co-hosts from popular US talk show The View calling on the Queen to publicly apologise to the Duchess."

Of course most of these are "lalaland" type slebs who IMHO have no relevance at all in the UK and just the usual bubble/hive think to protect one of their own, interesting to to see the East coast in the shape of the NYT doesn't agree!
Of course Oprah seems to think "it's cos she is black innit"! Not just a spiteful narcissist who will dump Harry when he is no longer use to her mainly imaginary career as a "c" list actress as she has done several times in the past with men in her life!!

From what I can see these so called celebrities are merely the sources quoted by Meghan and her special friends who wrote that funny book as well as all those in USA who intend to make money out of this silly little charade. It would seem it is merely an anti British outpouring by those who didn't make celebrity.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
Pedant Head on - Bahrain and the Emirates. They never have had F1 in Saudi - Pedant head off.

Surely Saudi is not part of Bahrein and the Emirates.

Oyibo

LE
By coincidence, I am currently in DRC and that was on the telly in the hotel bar last night (dubbed into French). The bar had the same accents as the barber shop characters.
You have our condolences. As an aside would you rate the DRC as better or worse than Wrexham ?
( I’ve been to Wrexham, “shudder”, and if it’s worse I can cross it of my list of sh*tholesI’ve not yet got around to seeing.)

Chris Ship is one of the fee "sugary" reporter supporters of the Sussexes.

HCL

LE
I concur.

But let's not forget that it was he that engineered the last 'Reform' of the upper house, which gutted the Crown of its power base (hereditaries), whilst increasing the power of Her Majesty's (incumbent) Government (I scoff), to stack the upper house (in perpetuity) with this season's favoured cronies.

I'm no republican and while I believe in a hereditary head of state there's no way anyone can defend hereditary members of Parliament. The House of Lords should be dissolved permanently, it's nothing but a sham.

I'm no republican and while I believe in a hereditary head of state there's no way anyone can defend hereditary members of Parliament. The House of Lords should be dissolved permanently, it's nothing but a sham.
The HOL, is at face value a good thing. A revising house that brings diverse experience that can speak truth unto power.
Unfortunately it has been corrupted by ramming it to the rafters with no hopers who have effectively bought their way in.
There needs to be a mass cull of all of those who have neither contributed or bothered their arse to vote.
There should also be a maximum time limit for membership. Say 10 years and out you go.

there's no way anyone can defend hereditary members of Parliament.
I don't disagree - but our (unwritten) constitution, and the democracy (such as it is) on which it is founded assumes the Crown to be sufficiently potent to hold Parliament to account.

In turn, this assumes the Crown to have sufficient power (and therefore a power base) to exercise that authority unchallenged and effectively.

It also assumes that Parliament can and will - when necessary - be held to account.

Right now, the Crown is devoid of power, so the assumed checks and balances are non-existent

Mother of all Parliaments?

It's a sham.

Latest Threads