Harry and Megan: How long will it last?

How long

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cromarty

War Hero
He only comes in for the last 10 minutes. Yes there is a considerable amount about how the RF is institutionally racist as is the UK and the UK press. You only think that the UK is tolerant because you're viewing it from your position of white privilege. If you only walked in a BAME persons shoes for one mile you would have racist abuse heaped on you every step. That's the norm in UK by all accounts although I've never seen it myself but then I'm also white, born with everything handed to me and never had to lift a finger for my luxurious life of privilege.

Arhhhh..... so you're the one! Cnut!

He only comes in for the last 10 minutes. Yes there is a considerable amount about how the RF is institutionally racist as is the UK and the UK press. You only think that the UK is tolerant because you're viewing it from your position of white privilege. If you only walked in a BAME persons shoes for one mile you would have racist abuse heaped on you every step. That's the norm in UK by all accounts although I've never seen it myself but then I'm also white, born with everything handed to me and never had to lift a finger for my luxurious life of privilege.
Can I have my portion of luxurious white privilege please.
I appear to have got to 59 just off graft so obviously haven’t needed to use my white privilege at all.
Do I get a chit and draw it from stores.? Like captain Wales did.!.

syrup

LE

And yet this warrior of equality this Princess who is fighting injustice is photo wearing earing from the Royal Family of Saudi Arabia
Where women are second class citizens and they are racist and homophobic.
Maybe she should have nipped over there for 6 months and seen how she got on

DSJ

LE
The Star has nailed its colours firmly to the mast.

3E1D253C-CDF4-445F-90B1-BC873840C590.jpeg

4play that will be when you buy the missus knickers with a string of pearls built in, she can't walk far without wanting to be ravished (erm allegedly...)
These knickers, a friend has his missus' birthday coming up and asked me to ask where he can buy a pair for her?

And yet this warrior of equality this Princess who is fighting injustice is photo wearing earing from the Royal Family of Saudi Arabia
Where women are second class citizens and they are racist and homophobic.
Maybe she should have nipped over there for 6 months and seen how she got on

To be fair Lewis Hamilton has no problem racing in Saudi, so being a hypocrite is the height of wokeness

To be fair Lewis Hamilton has no problem racing in Saudi, so being a hypocrite is the height of wokeness
Yes, but St. Lewis will tell you he only races there to highlight their abysmal human rights record - not for the money, no way jose.

This time tomorrow there are 3 possibilities:
H & M will look like a set of tw@ts.
The RF will look like a set of Tw@ts.
All will look like a set of tw@ts.

As for H & M, I think the patience of the British public has long since been exhausted. Surely the RF will be in tune with that and take into account with all future dealings.
If this interview does turn out to be a takedown of the RF, and HMTQ is seen to just turn another cheek and suffer the blows then I feel it could throw further public confidence in the monarchy into jeapardy.

I think Harry and his wife, and their PR advisors are well aware that the UK is now lost to them- and there is little chance of reconciliation. They are just following the $ now and will play to an American audience.
They have decided (or been advised) that their life as a soap opera is their way ahead.

Meghan ticks a few protected charateristics boxes-and she knows and is willing to hide behind that. The royal family is still trying to demonstrate they are dragging themselves into the 21st century- possibly one of the reasons this whole charade was allowed to escalate to where we are now today.
Both sides have painted themselves into a corner. I dont think anyone in the RF will have the balls to simply call this for what it is and we'll be left with outdated Edwardian diplomacy measures as their only response.

Hmm lots of anti RF crap being hurled around already ..
snip "US CELEBRITIES have rallied around Meghan Markle ahead of her interview with Oprah Winfrey, with co-hosts from popular US talk show The View calling on the Queen to publicly apologise to the Duchess."

Of course most of these are "lalaland" type slebs who IMHO have no relevance at all in the UK and just the usual bubble/hive think to protect one of their own, interesting to to see the East coast in the shape of the NYT doesn't agree!
Of course Oprah seems to think "it's cos she is black innit"! Not just a spiteful narcissist who will dump Harry when he is no longer use to her mainly imaginary career as a "c" list actress as she has done several times in the past with men in her life!!

Hmm lots of anti RF crap being hurled around already ..
snip "US CELEBRITIES have rallied around Meghan Markle ahead of her interview with Oprah Winfrey, with co-hosts from popular US talk show The View calling on the Queen to publicly apologise to the Duchess."

Good Job Phils in hospital or he would be POL ing the White Uno

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
From Todays Times
( I shall be supporting her Majesty, by totally ignoring the silly little child and finding other things to do like clean my bench)
Best of Sunday Times (Feb 2020) - Sunday March 7 2021
The Queen will not watch the Duke and Duchess of Sussex's interview with Oprah Winfrey, which courtiers have branded a "circus". They warned that they are prepared to retaliate with fresh disclosures about the couple's behaviour if they attack the monarchy

Last edited:

Of course most of these are "lalaland" type slebs who IMHO have no relevance at all in the UK and just the usual bubble/hive think to protect one of their own, interesting to to see the East coast in the shape of the NYT doesn't agree!
When I realised last year there'd be a pandemic, these were the kind of people I hoped would go.....

Latest Threads