Harry and Megan: How long will it last?

How long

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Gloves are now off in the press : I should imagine the Autralian press will follow with tea-cup throwing at the least - apparentlyt here is much more from this visit.

Gloves are now off in the press : I should imagine the Autralian press will follow with tea-cup throwing at the least - apparentlyt here is much more from this visit.
There are multiple threads on Quora with accounts from people who were involved in the Australian visit, and Megan's shenanigans whilst out there. First hand accounts of her throwing tea at a staffer, Making staff make multiple batches of banana cake so she could choose which she liked best and give off as a gift saying she made it herself...frequent screaming arguments with Harry-one with him shouting at her: "Are you really pregnant?!" Them both sleeping separately...the list is quite long.

It does not paint a pretty picture and- the denizens of Quora are normally on the very 'woke' scale of things so-for opinion to be so againts Megan on there is quite a thing.

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
The daughter had an Australian company chasing her with their clothing products to show on her faceplate/Instagram accounts. She did not get paid, but they sent her a few hundred quids worth of designer tat for free on the promise of showing photos of her wearing it.
Me and My Mate Jobber moddelled some Tee shirts for Ginsters
we got some free T shirts, and some free Ginsters
it was like christmas came early

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
'She will keep striving' = 'She hasn't managed to do this yet'

She'd do well to fire her PR team, who seem next to effing useless - almost everything they do seems to drop her (and Harry) further and further into the smelly stuff, and they can't even use English precisely to help state their client's case.

It's an American PR style, much like the UK Public Sector's "Lessons will be learned" and it works in much the same way - a response which fills any dangerous media vacuum with positive but meaningless noise.

For her PR people, the UK is only important insofar as any negativity here might contaminate the US media view which, given that the US media would be required to find someone in their organisations with sufficient gumption to find the UK on the map, let alone speak to someone who actually lives here and listen to what they say, is pretty unlikely.

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
If I were Charles, I’d get some spooks to start following the Sussex Grifters in a white hatchback
sorted
50258442153_b8b455e1b5_h.jpg

Last edited:
they were loaned allegedly by Mohhamed Bin Salman
Given as a wedding present, actually, which makes the fib to staff about them being borrowed from a jewellers even better. ' Cos staff would not be fully aware of jewellery items of prominence in the Royal collections, would they? If only for the insurance and customs forms.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
they were loaned allegedly by Mohhamed Bin Salman, the chap who expresses his displeasure of the free press, by getting them chopped up and posted out

Anyone can make the odd mistake in media management, though he sounds like ideal Chairman of the BBC material to me.

A quick statement along the lines of

"The Crown Prince is saddened by this latest attack on his character... he is determined to continue his work building compassion around the world and will keep striving to set an example for doing what is right and doing what is good."

and rehabilitation is assured.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
Has this little vomit-inducing gem been posted yet (trigger warning: It's written in American - there's at least one 'mom' in there)?

Bits of the 'Empowerment' section read like Jeffrey Epstein's 'To do' list. Perhaps Uncle Andrew can "Reach out to a woman seeking employment":

1614782292084.png

'She will keep striving' = 'She hasn't managed to do this yet'

She'd do well to fire her PR team, who seem next to effing useless - almost everything they do seems to drop her (and Harry) further and further into the smelly stuff, and they can't even use English precisely to help state their client's case.

Having had the grave misfortune to have had to work with an American PR firm, a bunch of more toady, odious, backstabbing, obsequious, arslikhans, I have yet to meet. I worked for a Murican firm too so I thought I had experience in my back pocket to deal with it. I couldn't get out of it quick enough after having counted my fingers twice.

"The Crown Prince is saddened by this latest attack on his character... he is determined to continue his work building compassion around the world and will keep striving to set an example for doing what is right and doing what is good."

That is Grade-A propaganda. Building compassion by bombing the f*** out of Yemen and murdering political rivals. At least he hasn't done anything really evil like make an off-colour joke on Twitter or suggest that males and females are real things and not just something you can change in order to coincidentally become an elite-level athlete.
Ah well, it's like Biden bombing Syria, which is ok as he has a Vice Prez of Colour who puts gender pronouns in her Twitter bio. Makes everything lovely and cuddly.

woger wabbit

War Hero
To be honest, this whole thing raises questions about exactly how worldly wise and influential the RF actually are. Surely, if someone as prominent as Harry got involved with someone with a murky background / questionable intentions- there would have been a bit of research carried out and handbrakes applied??
Haz would have barreled on to stick two fingers up to the RF

I would argue that history shows that that approach tends to make things worse, and not just with royals. I think a more important problem to solve is why certain royals are so vulnerable to such an obvious wrong 'un in the first place?

Whatever you think about her and whichever story you believe - Markle not having a clue who Harry was or Markle the gold-digger rocking up in the UK with the most targeted plan since the Dambuster Raid - she successfully, rapidly and, apparently, almost effortlessly snared the most eligible bachelor in Britain.

She clearly knew which buttons to press and he clearly didn't have anything like sufficient smarts to realise she was pressing them, which is a bit concerning given his one time proximity to the throne. Someone should have spotted that vulnerability and moved to address it years ago.
It was a strategy that worked well for Princess Margaret and Gp Capt Peter Townsend. It's not like she went shouty crackers, married and divorced, ponced off the rich and famous to exist in their holiday resorts shagging toyboys... bit like Harry's mum really.

talk radio interview -3.55:16 Angela Levin segment: the netflix / Spotify deals are about being rent-a-sleb hospitality dutys for PR junkets, not about being content creators

Bob Upndown

War Hero

Latest Threads