Harry and Megan: How long will it last?

How long

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
I'd like to change my vote from 5 years to "Life".

Comments above about H having no staying power or commitment settled it for me. He doesn't want a life where he has to make any decisions or have to put forward a thought of his own. He's found exactly what he's been searching for since his own mother died, a replacement who will tell him what to do, what to say and who to, just as his mother did. She also instilled a hatred of the press in him long before she died, she just never got around to teaching him how to work the media to his advantage, something she was extraordinarily successful at.

If Meghan does pull the plug on their marriage, I don't think he'll survive it, unfortunately.
Hate the press? H&M love the press. Just as long as they say what they want.

DSJ

LE
A9C9319D-4162-4F43-BD02-AEFF064CB9E0.jpeg

All going well then.

The Lipstick Alley forum link given some time back has proven most interesting. Apparently many Americans remain unimpressed. They reference their sources - from Daily Maily to Sussex Squad Twitter to Forbes and many in between. Interesting deconstruction of how the media ratings are stacking up / can be manipulated.

I remember watching him yomping across some frozen outback (Arctic or Antarctic?) with a bunch of disabled veterans and he came across as a genuinely good bloke with a cheeky sense of humour who clearly had the respect of his travelling companions.
Wind on a few years and the transformation of Harry into the woke, chippy, tedious individual who speaks in a tongue very few of us comprehend is startling.
What (or whom) could possibly be the catalyst for his transformation?
Answers on a postcard.
It's actually quite amazing what can happen to someone's head when they think they are in love with someone. And if that someone is an insidious, narcisstic wretch that wants everything their way and you want to please them and not crack those eggshells you're walking on, and really just to keep the peace, you'll end up falling down a spiralling mental chasm.
This happened to me. The constant drip, drip, drip of venom in your ear. "You dont need your friends, you have me", "You're family dont like me, they're nasty to me, you shouldn't talk to them!", "You dont need to go out, you should stay at home with me!".
Eventually, you realise how miserable you are, how isolated, how alone, and all you have left is the insidious wretch who is having the time of her life while you are just the shell of a man you once were, following her parade.

Luckily after considering suicide as I thought no one would miss me or care, I found help and realised my friends and family were always there, it was just me, at her urgings that cut them off. I hope he finds help before he gets too deep.

It's actually quite amazing what can happen to someone's head when they think they are in love with someone. And if that someone is an insidious, narcisstic wretch that wants everything their way and you want to please them and not crack those eggshells you're walking on, and really just to keep the peace, you'll end up falling down a spiralling mental chasm.
This happened to me. The constant drip, drip, drip of venom in your ear. "You dont need your friends, you have me", "You're family dont like me, they're nasty to me, you shouldn't talk to them!", "You dont need to go out, you should stay at home with me!".
Eventually, you realise how miserable you are, how isolated, how alone, and all you have left is the insidious wretch who is having the time of her life while you are just the shell of a man you once were, following her parade.

Luckily after considering suicide as I thought no one would miss me or care, I found help and realised my friends and family were always there, it was just me, at her urgings that cut them off. I hope he finds help before he gets too deep.
Pleased you got out mate.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
I read today about his interview on a bus and can only assume the report was incorrect because I have never heard so much "snowflakery" being uttered in one go. It even apparently got to the point where he had to have a phone call to find out what to say.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
I also gather that Penny Junor who surprisingly enough is a biographer of Harry has stated that she didn't see the interview as a terrible plot to upset HM The Queen and steal the headlines? Apparently it just happened that way.

Last edited:
Which is worse.......

This is becoming painful and I feel for the two children - let alone all the adult relations - who will be damaged by the outcome of this mess.

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
he has had to write out a big cheque for costs, a guesstimate of 30K after the Judge said his costs claimed were manifestly disproportionate and awarded him £2,500
ha ha

he has had to write out a big cheque for costs, a guesstimate of 30K after the Judge said his costs claimed were manifestly disproportionate and awarded him £2,500
ha ha
That £30k figure was purely for a single written statement he wanted read out in court delivering some woke message after the verdict went in his favour against the Mail. The Judge rightly said that it couldn't possibly have cost that amount of money to get those few pages of text cobbled together and so only allowed him to claim £2.5k expenses from the Mail and wouldn't allow it read in court anyway. His legal expenses were much much more than £30k, but I think the Mail is having to pay

Last edited:
I predict the PR company will want to tap into the yank gratitude and respect they have for their veterans so- the PTSD card will get played at some point. He'll have been 'keeping a lid on it for so long-but only feels able to speak about it now after no longer being a working royal, and feeling previously confined in expressing himself'.

So up to when he met the love of his life:slow: the fellow had no worries, now though it looks like he has the weight of the world on his shoulders and he’s blaming the press for destroying his mental health. Feck me in this day and age he has a nerve to come out with that bullshit when millions of people around the globe have lost loved ones, their jobs and more due to this COVID.
Get a grip, you publicise vomiting inducing pictures and yet complain of publicity in the same breath.

That's her Californian sensibilities rubbing off on him and he'll never live that sxxt down with ordinary people back here. Surely if newspapers are writing crap about you, you wouldn't read the things?

P.S. I can't forget the sight of "Hazza" hitting up the Disney boss on a red carpet for work for the missus. It had the finesse of Yozza Hughes's gruff "gizza job"

Hazza

Yozza

Being expat I'd never come across him before, and that was also my impression. Happy to have them both out there at the moment, they seem to have found a place that fits.

Though what happens if Harry finds the LA life ultimately empty?
If he doesn't then I wish him well as a rootless prince among rootless people.
If he does then what does he have in front of him?
I also think having lost a parent he will do his best for his brood and try to be there for them. As MM wants to be a celebrity rather than a royal this will tie him there. So if his marriage fails and he loses the bairns then what will it all have been for? At least he will have got out of the duties he so quickly ditched.
Be careful what you ask for, you might get it.

Empty? That depends on him to a great extent. There is loads to do in California, plenty of opportunity for a busy life both outdoors, work wise and in a meaningful social way. Doubtless though the group that "Haz's" wife seems to orbit around in will see him have a tube fitted to his chest and the life drained out of him.

That's her Californian sensibilities rubbing off on him and he'll never live that sxxt down with ordinary people back here. Surely if newspapers are writing crap about you, you wouldn't read the things?

P.S. I can't forget the sight of "Hazza" hitting up the Disney boss on a red carpet for work for the missus. It had the finesse of Yozza Hughes's gruff "gizza job"

Hazza

Yozza
She obviously keeps his self respect in her purse as well as his bollocks.

I wonder how many of the A-listers they hope to inveigle themselves with are being advised by their own PR to stay clear of the damaged goods.