Harry and Megan: How long will it last?

How long

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

lextalionis

Old-Salt
The saga of Prince Harry and Meghan, the Royal Pegger, shows the very, very worst of our times. These two fairly talentless, dim yet extremely privileged individuals, drunk on money extracted through taxes and cheap opportunism, "strike out" for themselves, making the Duke of Windsor and his equally unlovely wife look positively saintly.

The parallels are striking - "David" (as he was known to his familiars) was popular with the plebs and he served in some capacity in the First World War (although he was kept away from actual combat) but he left it all behind for an unsuitable woman (at least Meghan, unlike the Simpson woman, is attractive for as long as her looks don't fade, or the Botox keeps working). Of course, "David" is now remembered as the bitter runaway who defrauded his burdened, sensitive brother (George VI, of immortal memory) of incredibly large sums of money. In this, Harry and Pegging-Meg are more overt - "pay millions for our security coz we is royle, innit".

If the nonsense carries on, Harry should be stripped both of military rank and of any noble titles by Act of Parliament. He is a disgrace whose best moments (i.e. his military service) were purloined through grades obtained largely by his art teacher.

The parallels are striking - "David" (as he was known to his familiars) was popular with the plebs and he served in some capacity in the First World War
Though to be fair, it's unlikely Harry has any seriously nasty Nazi sympathies (woke ones granted, which are equally as bad in the sense that the long night of the knives awaits anyone who forfends wokeness and it's eternal power) and his Mrs is probably not trading sex with German and Russian diplomats to pass state secrets (well, OK Oprah).

Fukc it, too many parallels to even defend this one.

Burn them. Burn them with Fire!

Dwarf

LE
Cold War Nuclear bunkers. Miles of underground wall. Big thick doors. I am not a cruel beast, you know.

lextalionis

Old-Salt
Though to be fair, it's unlikely Harry has any seriously nasty Nazi sympathies (woke ones granted, which are equally as bad in the sense that the long night of the knives awaits anyone who forfends wokeness and it's eternal power) and his Mrs is probably not trading sex with German and Russian diplomats to pass state secrets (well, OK Oprah).

Fukc it, too many parallels to even defend this one.

Burn them. Burn them with Fire!
He was found to be sporting Nazi uniform, something of which Uncle David was never guilty (I think).

Wokeness and Nazism have many parallels! Heil Markle!

Awol

LE
He was found to be sporting Nazi uniform, something of which Uncle David was never guilty (I think).

Wokeness and Nazism have many parallels! Heil Markle!
I don’t think Harry is even slightly woke, I never met a squaddie, either serving or ex, who was even close to visiting wokesville. The nazi uniform thing proves the point, he was pissed, having fun and at the time didn’t give a toss about who he was was, thinking he was amongst friends he could trust.

His current bleeding heart routine is at the behest of his unpleasant wife, and he simply doesn’t have the balls to resist her.

He’s just weak.

Dwarf

LE
If the nonsense carries on, Harry should be stripped both of military rank and of any noble titles by Act of Parliament. He is a disgrace whose best moments (i.e. his military service) were purloined through grades obtained largely by his art teacher.
While I see the comparison I think that he should be allowed to the ranks he achieved while wearing green. He did two tours and didn't do badly by all accounts.
As to his art teacher getting him into Sandhurst I think that in that sense he is no different to a number of Cavalry types who were coached and eased through into the Regiment because they fitted nicely, and of course which Cav mob wouldn't want a Prince of the Realm in their ranks. Sandhurst has blame here too as they tacitly allow this to happen, certainly a few Cav types I met back when I had hair, wouldn't have made it elsewhere. Let's face it Sandhurst was never going to fail the bosses' grandson unless he was a twerp of the first order.
By all means strip him of the honorary ranks if he is not doing the job.

lextalionis

Old-Salt
While I see the comparison I think that he should be allowed to the ranks he achieved while wearing green. He did two tours and didn't do badly by all accounts.
As to his art teacher getting him into Sandhurst I think that in that sense he is no different to a number of Cavalry types who were coached and eased through into the Regiment because they fitted nicely, and of course which Cav mob wouldn't want a Prince of the Realm in their ranks. Sandhurst has blame here too as they tacitly allow this to happen, certainly a few Cav types I met back when I had hair, wouldn't have made it elsewhere. Let's face it Sandhurst was never going to fail the bosses' grandson unless he was a twerp of the first order.
By all means strip him of the honorary ranks if he is not doing the job.
Most of us accept the Royal Family not because they are spectacularly talented, but because, on the whole, they are fairly committed to certain values - duty and service - and they are part of the warp and weft of national life. They are familiar figures who symbolise and represent the nation.

When Harry moved away from that, then he invited the criticism that he is rightly receiving. He fled abroad with a Pikey wife from the country that had overlooked his foibles, lavished millions on him and which he now seemed to despise. Most of us are fairly indulgent of royal peccadilloes but he deserves to be fed to the lizard people.

rifleair

War Hero
If any of these posts were to be taken seriously, you would think that Harry had hit rock bottom and spent his days posting on ARRSE as opposed to living in a mansion and banging a Hollywood actress under the palm trees.
Except she is not nor ever has been a hollywood name, her credits are mostly TV shows and a couple of TV movies!

Countryboy

Clanker
It’s their (his) abandonment of service which boils my piss ... and then have the arrogance to make bollocks statements like “service is universal” - yes dear, but you are there to serve others not yourself.

If only they looked backwards at their own history a bit more.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
Except she is not nor ever has been a hollywood name, her credits are mostly TV shows and a couple of TV movies!

I was led to this by a review of Meghan's stepsister's book in The Spectator. It may be from her TV quiz show days or it may be her way of showing Harry how much he'll have in the bank once she's rinsed him.

1614286355078.png

He might well be banging a Hollywood actress under the palm trees this week, but we can be pretty sure that it won’t be Meghan unless he’s been a very good little boy recently.
Has she actually done anything as an actress in Hollywood? A sound role for Disney. Anything else? And really and honestly, how outstanding was Harry’s military service compared to other service members doing their bit without a lot of Nepal and Hereford’s finest to run interference from Terry Taliban.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
Has she actually done anything as an actress in Hollywood? A sound role for Disney. Anything else? And really and honestly, how outstanding was Harry’s military service compared to other service members doing their bit without a lot of Nepal and Hereford’s finest to run interference from Terry Taliban.

In fairness, I don't think he's ever claimed outstanding service and it wasn't his fault if the CoC decided he needed protecting - he put himself in harm's way when he could have ducked the gig if he'd wanted to. Despite everything, credit where credit's due.

Dwarf

LE

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
What the rest of the Royal Family are doing:

Compare and contrast, your answer should be no longer than 750 words and be subm.........
Actually, don't bother; it's all simply too bloody pointless.
Indeed. Someone making a point that isn't just wishy-washy aspiration or about the self. As she has done for close on 70 years now.

Good on you, Ma'am. 94, and you still continue to far outshine these two narcissistic idiots.